“Dream honeymonn”

GreenLeadersGold level
Harpenden, United Kingdom
“Dream honeymonn”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Just coming to the end of a dream honeymoon in paradise
been looked after exceptionally by amazing staff I every department especially Angel Jesus and Cynthia in the restaurants
full review to follow when back home !! too much to write and too little time left in this amazing place
jane Brian

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Janebrian2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,125)
Greenville, SC
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

First off we did not actually stay at the resort this time but that's because nobody responded to my emails. You can read my previous review from November of 2013. Oscar had contacted me via email and tried very hard to rectify my complaints. He did refund the price we paid for our "upgrade" and offered up a very fair compromise. He asked that I have my review pulled from trip advisor and that I return with my husband at a very discounted rate. I agreed to give them another try and tried to no avail to have my review removed. I explained the situation to Oscar but we agreed my husband and I would return to the resort and would have all our concerns addressed and I would leave a new, more positive review. Sounds good, right?

Well, we tried to book for the first week of July. Sent Oscar several emails and never heard back. So I figured I would send the hotel an email directly. No response. Then I decided to forward Oscars last email, with our agreement and the promise from the hotel, to the manager. No response.

It is my belief that this hotel made false promises only to try and get a negative review removed. I highly recommend avoiding this hotel and trying one of the many other resorts nearby that have consistent customer service. I can recommend several if you would like.

Stayed July 2014
15 Thank dobie1029
KarismaHotelsResorts, Manager at El Dorado Maroma, by Karisma, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Thank you for your recent review, I am truly very sorry that you have not received a response from our Team at the El Dorado Maroma, Oscar is now working at the Generations Riviera Maya , our sister hotel with a different email and his old account was directioned to our new Chief de Village and cancelled 6 months hos departure.

Please do not hesitate to contact me and I will be more than happy to assist you

Best regards

Anna Pegler
Head of Customer services
customerservices@karismamexico.com
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

We recently stayed at El Dorado Maroma and had booked a Honeymoon Suite. The resort was not full and they upgraded us to a top floor room with an infinity pool and amazing ocean views. The service was amazing...all staff were incredibly helpful and genuine. The beach beds and beach butler and beach waiters were fantastic. Room service was outstanding. The only room for improvement was that a few of the main courses for dinner could be better, but most of the food was great! Perfect location for a quiet getaway. Thanks to Mitch at TripGuy.com for planning another great trip for us!!

• Stayed July 2014
3 Thank WillTravelForWine
Jersey City, New Jersey
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We had an incredible experience here with our whole family. Grandparents, parents and 5 kids ranging from 1 to 16 years old all had a wonderful time. Beautiful beach, grounds and rooms. Excellent food. But the biggest stand out is the service. The staff are not just professional, but genuinely friendly. Multiple staff members went above and beyond to make our stay special and memorable. We usually like to try new places and rarely return to the same hotel, but we would make an exception for this place!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Detgen G
Reviewed 9 July 2014

My wife and I took some time away from the jobs and kids too to have a relaxing enjoyable time for each other. The resort was fantastic to say the least. The beaches were beautiful with the white sand and the ocean view was something you would see in a magazine. The staff was so nice and customer focused in everyway that it made our trip even more enjoyable. Every meal we ate was always great and through out the week, the staff were always surprising us with personal touches in our room and on the resort. We enjoyed our trip so much we became a club member so we can go back with the kids and possilby other family and friends.g
Sarah Gladstone was our travel agent and she was so helpful to give us options to make our trip so great. She also had a lot of insight into the resorts and made sure before traveled internationally we had everything we needed to travel and prepared us for such a trip as this. She was great and i will use Sarah our; future trips that I plan in the future.

Room Tip: We had a infiniti pool which was nice to have in your room but did not use it once for whatever reas...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Steven M
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

My husband and I have vacationed in Mexico the past 4 years, and each time has been at the same resort brand. We decided this year to add a couple of days and try somewhere new. Upon arrival at El Dorado we loved the feel of the resort. It is much smaller than the resorts we had stayed at previously. We stayed in a honeymoon suite on the third floor and loved the layout of the room. The bathroom was nice and large, there was a nice sitting area, and we thought the bed was comfortable. The only fault I could find with the room is it needs better lighting. We loved the large balcony overlooking the pool, and we could see a little bit of the ocean through the palm tree leaves. Since we were at El Dorado for such a short time we didn't get to experience all of the restaurants. The food at Pepitos was our favorite breakfast and lunch, while the Asian restaurant was our favorite dinner. The only questionable meal we had during our stay was at the Italian restaurant- my husband ordered the sea bass. We are both pretty sure the fish he was served was not sea bass- the taste and consistency were not that of any sea bass we have eaten. So far the little negatives I have mentioned would not keep us from returning. What did concern us were a couple of the activities planned by the resort that promoted a spring break type atmosphere. We were relaxing and reading on our balcony one day and had to relocate because of a very loud and rowdy water balloon fight in the pool below. The next day there was a band at the pool, which wouldn't have been so bad- but then it became a game of name that tune where loud snippets of songs were played and very loud drunk guests yelled song titles and screamed loudly once the correct answer was given. We were on the beach and could still hear the commotion. This was not what we were expecting when we booked this resort. I went back and forth between a three star and four star rating- but based on the fantastic service at the pool and on the beach, beautiful accommodations and fresh delicious food I went with four stars. I hope to return to this resort someday, but I will definitely be watching reviews and forums to make sure what I experienced was just bad timing and doesn't become the norm.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
9 Thank Atlanta-Folks
Evansville, Indiana
Reviewed 8 July 2014

The whole trip was more than expected! The service was excellent and the staff went out of there way to make sure that we were enjoying our stay. From check in to the waiters to the entertainment staff and bar tenders, everyone was pleasant and wanted to make our stay enjoyable. The entire staff really seem to love there jobs. The resort was beautiful with all the palm trees and flowers and the white sand beach with the small island off the shore was paradise. We will definitely be returning there!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
#1 of 11 in Playa Paraiso
Grand Velas Riviera Maya
Grand Velas Riviera Maya
#2 of 209 in Playa del Carmen

Been to El Dorado Maroma, by Karisma? Share your experiences!