El Dorado Maroma, by Karisma
US$689
US$671
US$808
US$788
Amarte Hotel(Playa Maroma)(Great Value!)
US$91
US$78
Kin Sol Soleil(Playa Maroma)
US$501
US$437
US$781
US$585
  • Breakfast included
Iberostar Paraiso Maya(Playa Paraiso)
US$357
US$354
US$320
  • Breakfast included
Iberostar Paraiso Beach(Playa Paraiso)(Great Value!)
US$298
US$280
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
IBEROSTAR Paraiso Del Mar(Playa Paraiso)(Great Value!)
US$434
US$280
  • Breakfast included
Catalonia Playa Maroma(Playa Maroma)
No availability for your dates from our partners
4,402 results
All reviewslima limoncaribbean grillpedro luisrick's baroutdoor showerinfinity pool suitemi hotelitobeach butlerperuvian restaurantexotic membersman made islandhoneymoon suitebeach bedssmall resortsky massagebreakfast and lunchrueben
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 August 2009

I just want to say that this hotel is wonderful in every situation. I have traveled to the Cancun/Riviera Maya area many times and this hotel is by far my favorite. I have never wrote a review on trip advisor, but felt like it was my duty after hearing some other guest say they were going to post negative comments after a specific situation.

When we arrived we were greeted with champagne and a cold towel........ how refreshing! We then checked in and then entered 2 doors to paradise. The hotel embraced us from the moment we arrived, with beautiful gardens everywhere and butterflies flying around us I knew we had made a great choice. We booked a Mi Hotelito suite and when my agent told me that it was beachfront she didn't lie, you are literally footsteps from the ocean and pretty much everything else at the hotel.

Every employee and guest we passed would smile and say "Hola", everybody made us feel like they had known us for years.

The staff, guest, beach, spa and restaurants were above my expectations. If you have a chance, go to the Mexican night dinner- THE BEST MEAL EVER, I could of had this dinner everynight. I could go on and on, but I don't want to sound like a broken record.

Unlike elljaytraveller's review I would still reccommend this hotel for travel. Yes when we arrived we thought it was strange that the hotel had black plactic up in certain areas of the hotel, but just assumed they were working on something and didn't let it ruin our well deserved vacation. We did get caught off guard with the hurricane drill on Wendesday, but in my opinion thought the hotel handled it pretty good. We gathered our stuff and was taken to the El Dorado Royale about 10 minutes north. When we arrived to the Royale we were given a suite and was able to enjoy all the facilities there. After dinner we returned to the lobby to go back to the hotel, but was told it would be a bit longer, no problem because we went to the martini bar and had a couple of martinis. Around 9:30 we returned to our little paradise where we were all greeted by the hotel staff and singing mariachis. Some of the guest were a little upset and were saying that this whole situation ruined their vacation, I personally don't understand how they could make such a claim considering we had full access to the other hotel. Yes it was an inconveniece, but saying it ruined your whole vacation is going to far. The hotel staff went out of their way to make the best out of the situation, they even brought someone the next day to talk with us. On our way back to the room I noticed that all the black plastic was down and it read "Clausurado". I don't believe this means the hotel is closed even though it might seem like it because on my way to the hotel that we are at now in Cancun we stopped at a 7eleven that had the same signs posted, but they were open. If it means closed then wouldn't the 7eleven be closed?! From my understanding it has something to do with an environmental issue. I don't think the hotel is trying to hide anything, I think they are just trying to hide an eye sore and they tried to accommodate us the best way possible. I have to say "Muchas Gracias" to everyone at the hotel for their attention to details and their professionalism because of this I will be returning very soon.

Overall I can't wait to return, we even thought about leaving here to go back to our little found paradise. The El Dorado Maroma truely is a first class hotel in all. Please don't be hesitant to book this hotel, you won't regret it.

9  Thank nancyrlbrown
Reviewed 6 August 2009

I arrived with my sister in law this morning! The El Dorado Maroma is open for business. It is just as wonderful and beautiful as ever. You want a "wow factor?" Then you need to get here too!
I heard that someone had written a crazy review about the El Dorado Maroma being closed by the Federal Government here. That is insane. We have been here all day...enjoying the perfect weather and the warm, clear water.
The property has been growing and doing a lot of work to make the property more and more heavenly. With growth in this area....you do need to worry about the environment. So, yes, there are signs around the property. These signs do NOT say that the property has been closed.
It is a shame that people were moved for a drill....FOR THEIR OWN SAFETY....and they became angry. I can't imagine becoming angry over the kind of service that would protect you and care for you in every step of your vacation.
Please ignore rumors and hype! The Eldorado Maroma is OPEN, AMAZING, and I am full and bliss and joy to be here and share this with my sister in law. I want to share this place with everyone!

• Stayed: August 2009
2  Thank RoamingLeah
Reviewed 5 August 2009

It was our 25th Wedding Anniversary celebration. The resort was small and very secluded. It was a very beautiful and relaxing place to go. The service and the food was wonderful!! The staff was very friendly and took care of EVERYTHING you needed! The sky massage was amazing (epecially Daniel)!! One night we had a candle light dinner on the beach, it was great! Housekeeping went out of their way to make you feel welcome. (They changed the sheets everyday!) Every night they put a towel animal and flowers on the bed and one night they even prepared a bubble bath in the jacuzzi with candles! Would definitely like to go back!

4  Thank LoveMexicoOklahoma
Reviewed 29 July 2009

We've stayed at two other Karisma Hotels and this one is by far the best one. We love the El Dorado Seaside but unfortunately it has gotten too big in the last 2 years. The Maroma is small and cozy (72 rooms), the staff there will do anything to spoil you. There is a beach butler that walks around offering you drinks, cold wash cloths, magazines, books and special fruit drinks. The staff there are so attentive and will do anything to make your stay pleasant. Our room was just perfect, the view, the furnishings, everything was perfect. The beach there is by far the best one we've seen, you can walk and swim there without worrying about rocks, or seaweed. There are beach beds everywhere, you don't have to get up early and reserve one like at other places. There are also plenty of towels by both pools, the staff are constantly bringing clean ones. The food is also great, everything we ate was great! Pefect place for couples who want to just get away and be spoiled, this is an adults only resort so there is lots of piece and quiet.

6  Thank NC85
Reviewed 29 July 2009

The staff at this hotel is absolutely amazing. They did everything they possibly could to make my wedding a special one. The have a beautiful little mexican chapel on the hotel grounds and that is where I had my dream wedding. The hotel grounds are lush and beautiful, the rooms in the newer part of the hotel are modern, clean, and kept extremely cool. They stock the mini fridge with beer, cola, water, and mango juice every day for free. The food is amazing!!!! Real tortilla chips and tortillas, best pico ever, awesome black beans. It's a Mexican food lovers paradise. I could live on the pico and thick baked tortilla chips! This was a wonderful experience for me and my wedding guests. The hotel did such a great job. However I did feel bad for some of the other hotel guests the night of my wedding because they closed one of the restaurants for my reception. However, there are another 2 restaurants and 24/7 room service so there were other options made available. I would recommend this hotel for a wedding. The only complaint I had was against mother nature. The mosquitos descended upon the hotel at sunset and they were ravenous. The dead mosquitos did accumulate pretty quickly but the hotel worked furiously to get them cleaned up through out the day and night. But as quickly as they arrive, they either die or leave so it was not too much of a problem. I would try to avoid going at this time of year to avoid the mosquitos. Other than that... it was perfect. That you Ana, Jackie and Patricia for everything. And the Food and Beverage Manager was one of the best I've ever seen! He was a master of his craft.

• Stayed: November 2008