El Dorado Maroma, by Karisma
US$605
US$589
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Catalonia Playa Maroma(Playa Maroma)
US$490
US$480
Orbitz.com
US$743
US$665
Agoda.com
Amarte Hotel(Playa Maroma)(Great Value!)
US$91
US$78
Kin Sol Soleil(Playa Maroma)
US$834
US$437
US$682
US$541
  • Breakfast included
Iberostar Paraiso Maya(Playa Paraiso)
US$327
US$347
US$305
  • Breakfast included
Iberostar Paraiso Beach(Playa Paraiso)(Great Value!)
US$320
US$264
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
IBEROSTAR Paraiso Del Mar(Playa Paraiso)(Great Value!)
US$408
US$257
4,408 results
All reviewslima limoncaribbean grillpedro luisrick's baroutdoor showerinfinity pool suitemi hotelitobeach butlerperuvian restaurantexotic membersman made islandhoneymoon suitebeach bedssmall resortsky massagebreakfast and lunchrueben
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 November 2010

My husband and I took a much needed vacation without our children..our first real vacation in 4 years. We wanted an all inclusive and just to relax.... our travel agent recommended El Dorado Merona and did advise that there was limited nightlife.
The result was beautiful, our room was gorgeous (we got a 2nd floor with a private infinity pool) and the beach and pool was perfect. The staff was extremely attentive and friendly , the drinks did not stop coming and you never had to worry about not getting a chair at the pool or beach. The food was ok... it seams as if they were trying to be very gourmet and some of it was just a little strange but it was fine for the week. The only thing was that there was absolutely no night life...we went to dinner around 7 or 7:30 each night and as you walked to dinner, you could hear your footsteps. Sometimes there would be only 1 other couple in the restaurant... there was one bar open at night plus the pool bars...one night the bar had a good number of couples and we had fun...two other nights we walked in at 8:30 and there was no one else there..... we wondered where everyone disappeared to each evening!
Overall, we really did enjoy ourselves and were totally relaxed for the whole week. I do not think we could have stayed longer than a week or would have gotten bored and don't think we will be going back, but only because we would like something a little more lively at night.
also, don't count on room service -- we ordered it twice and both times it took over two hours to get to our room.

1  Thank mdelaiarro
KarismaHotelsResorts, EDM Representative at El Dorado Maroma, by Karisma, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2010

Dear Valued Guest,

I wanted to personally thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us on here. I want you to know that we take all feedback we receive very seriously as we are always looking for ways to accommodate each and every one of our guest's experiences and individual expectations.

I am happy to hear that you were able to relax at our resort and that your stay with us was all around a positive experience. We take pride in the fact that El Dorado Maroma sits on a secluded beach front property, surrounded by breathtaking scenery such as our beautiful beaches, powdered-sugar sand and beach beds, perfect for romantic and intimate getaways.

Our resort also offers nightly entertainment and live music at Rick’s Bar, along with weekly performances and shows in and around the resort. We also take pride in the fact that Maroma Marina is located just steps down the beach, where the possibilities of adventurous activities are endless.

Each of El Dorado Spa Resorts & Hotels individually offer unique experiences to our guests, along with our signature Gourmet Inclusive concept. We look forward to hosting your stay with us again soon to the Riviera Maya and if you would like to experience a resort that offers even more night life, El Dorado Royale would be an ideal choice for your next vacation.

On behalf of El Dorado Maroma, I’d like to personally thank you for choosing to stay at our resort.

Reviewed 12 November 2010

My husband and I have stayed at the hotel 2 times once on our honeymoon and we returned this Nov. for our first anniversary. We have nothing but good things to say about this place. It is beautiful and relaxing... it truely is paradise!

2  Thank nixjod
Reviewed 12 November 2010

We went to EDM to celebrate our 25th anniversary. We had stayed at El Dorado Royale previously and loved it there, but after staying at EDM, there is no comparison. WE LOVED IT!! The rooms were beyond compare! We stayed in an infinity suite and it was just gorgeous! We didn't want to leave the room! We enjoyed our infinity pool and the bed out on the 'deck'--watching the sea was so relaxing. I can't say enough about the comfort of the beds! The food was good, though we liked the food at Royale better. That was not as important to us because the beach was awesome! The snorkeling out by the sand bags was very good--and the water was heavenly! Our favorite of everyhing, well, we had 2 favorites--our beach bed right on the ocean, and having lunch everyday at the restaurant on the beach! The meals were excellent, and sitting right by the ocean was wonderful!! We looked forward to it everyday and lingered for an hour or more. We weren't impressed with the Italian restaurant but liked all the others. We ordered breakfast in our room everyday and really enjoyed that--was very good! We will be returning again and again! I must say something about the Michael Jackson show--that was superb! It was SO awesome! I am just afraid that they will soon be going to Vegas or somewhere-it was that good! Although it is always good to get home, I find myself dreaming of EDM and anxiously anticipating when we can return!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DebiLN
Reviewed 11 November 2010

When you look up the definition of ELDORADO It says its "An Imaginary Place of great wealth and rich in treasure sought by early spanish explorers." We were at Eldorado Maroma the last week of October and also in March 2010 less than seven months we had to return. We rarely return to the same resort yet the same destination in the same year.

Been going to Cancun/Riviera Maya/Tulum since 1981 this is by far our favorite resort in Mexico. Even on this trip we also stayed at two other Boutique Hotels and didn't know how Eldorado would stack up to them. Well Eldorado still holds the number one spot with us and its because of the treasure of having GREAT employees.

On our arrival they remembered our names, Gabby gave my wife Marlene a big hug and I saw some tears from the girls,they are like family. They know your likes and dislikes and they make sure your pampered etc,

I could go on and on how clean the resort it , how beautiful the beach is and the good Gourmet Restaurants and the top shelf liquor. The rooms are to die for we had the same room on both trips the Infinity pool suite with the outdoor shower.

Now if you want true rest and relaxation and be surrounded by the treasure of the great staff this resorts for you. If its action and night life you want head north to Cancun or south to Playa and miss what the early spanish explores called Eldorado !

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank surferjoeChicago
Reviewed 8 November 2010

Let me start off by saying that we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves at the El Dorado Maroma. However, I want to give people an informative review of what to expect when you stay there. As the saying goes, "it depends on what you are looking for."

On our way to the El dorado, we passed some fabulous entrances and resorts (as we had to drop people off through the shuttle). Then, we arrived at the El Dorado. I was initially devasated to be honest. The resort entrance and lobby area was to say the least "understated." It did not have anything special about it and I thought "wow, I have made a huge mistake!"

Okay, now the good part! This resort is not about the entrance or lobby. Its about the personalized service, attention. and boutique resort experience. Everyone who works at the resort is focused on making you happy and making sure your stay is enjoyable. You will see the same staff workers over and over because the resort is so small. Even better, they are all NICE and will feel like old friends after your stay. The resort is small and charming. The rooms are draped by sheers that wave in the wind and the room accommodations exceed most hotels that I have ever stayed including the Park Hyatt and Ritz Carlton. The mini-bar is stocked daily and the entire resort uses "aromatherapy" which provides an endless spa experience. I am still amazed by the wonderful smells throughout the entire resort. Its a big deal....trust me....You wil love it!

The beach beds are always open and there is abundant beach butler service. It is absolutely true that the bar offers top-shelf liquor and they will do whatever it takes to make sure your drink is just as you would have it at home. I am a bit of a club soda and vodka snob so I was more than impressed by the club soda bubbles and high-end vodka.

The restaurants are again "under-stated" and unimpressive from a visual perspective. However, the service was fabulous and the food was quite good. You will forget that the pools, restaurants and lobby area is umimpressive because the resort is so charming and you can't help but to fall in love with the staff. You can get glitz and oversized swim up bars in lots of resorts in Playa Del Carmen at many resorts but if you want a charming, personalized and romantic experience then El Dorado Maroma is for you!

The ONLY negative comment I have is that a wedding group can totally change the experience for you. If there is a loud wedding group then it can change the vibe because the resort is so small. We had a few that were a tad annoying but nothing worth worrying too much over. We had a great time. Okay, my last comment is that the sky massages are great (many thanks to Danielwho is a huge asset to the Maroma!) but if you want an additional FABULOUS spa experience then book a Balinese massage at the Banyan Tree Mayakoba. It was amazing! The resort is also amazing but I don't regret staying at the El Dorado Maroma because of the charming experience and value for our money. The Banyan Tree is pricey and most of the rooms are very far from the beach which is another plus at the El Dorado Maroma. EVERYTHING is close to the beach. We had a honeymoon suite which was great for privacy and views. However, the ground floor Mi Holito suites are SOOOO convenient and again very charming and well equipped. The only reason I did not want to stay in the Mi Holito suite is that there is not bath tub and I love a good bath. The swim up suites are not private at all so I would go for the infinity pool suite over the swim up suites if I had a choice.

We hope to visit the Azul beach resort with our kids soon. I am a Karisma lover ! If you want a genuine mexican vacation at charming small resort then El Dorado Maroma is for you!

4  Thank Prickett