I arrived at The Maroma getting over a cold and left after 7 days, healthier and happier. I was there with my friend around 7 years ago. Since then, swimming pools, a gym and a health spa have been added. The gym is fine, has aerobic machines that are 'GREEN', (they run on the power of you).. and filled with bottles of water and towels. The Spa is fantastic. It's as though you are entering a retreat in your mind. The lighting, aromas, and sounds put you at ease . The massage therapist I had was truly a "therapist". The cold washcloths with a slight hint of eucalyptus feel so good after the sauna or the steam room. The food was OUT OF THIS WORLD. Every meal, fantastic. When we didn't want a sauce on our shrimp, Miguel suggested a variation that the chef produced with perfection. Pablo's suggestion of dessert was phenomenal, and Alfonso was extremely attentive at breakfast. Everyone greeted us by name and seemed truly interested in our happiness and well being. I recommend "Dinner with the Chef" if you have the opportunity. . Rent a car and go see the Cenotes.... Incredible. The beach was clean, the rooms well taken care of.... absolutely FANTASTIC, PERFECT TIME.... I'd go back again and again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Belmond Maroma Resort & Spa, an award-winning luxury beach resort hotel on the Riviera Maya, Mexico. Experience the magic and the beauty of profound well-being in an eternal paradise located in a breathtaking corner of the Yucatan jungle on the Riviera Maya. Enjoy also One of the finest Playa del Carmen restaurants, El Restaurante's eclectic daytime menu offers offers an array of delicious regional specialties. Baja California style shrimp tacos, pescadillas, panuchos and sopes are some of the delicacies on offer. By nightfall, tables glow with candlelight, while a band serenades diners. Be tantalised by our executive chef's interpretation of traditional Mexican cuisine. Dishes include crispy duck tacos with salsa borracha, seafood pozole and lobster enchiladas. El Sol Tapas & Restaurant combines exquisite Mediterranean-style cuisine with a unique Pre-Hispanic Mexican twist. With a relaxed ambiance, large windows afford uninterrupted sea views. The tapas-style menu features a symphony of flavors. Feel your tastebuds tingle as sharp citrus contrasts with olive oils and chilies. Complement your dish with a selection from our international wine list. Or try a new-generation Mexican wine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Priceline, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Belmond Maroma Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maroma Resort And Spa By Orient-Express Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Maroma Resort Spa
- Maroma Hotel Playa Del Carmen