Maroma Resort is an undeniable treasure on the Riviera Maya. From our arrival, a nine day stay, and departure, all of our experiences with the resort and staff were five stars. Our well-appointed room and private balcony loomed over the white sand and turquoise water, and the sound of the surf was only wonderfully and gently interrupted by the native fauna in the nearby jungle. Due to a staff that incredibly knew us by name throughout, we often felt as though we were the only guests on their agenda. The grounds are immaculate, and in the evening, you can stroll candlelit walkways throughout the resort. The authentic food at all restaurants was fantastically prepared and presented. We decided to rent a car, but would not do so again, as should you ever wish to leave the resort, local transportation is readily available. The transfer and taxi rates may seem steep at first, but pales when compared to car rental plus insurance/liability coverages. The wifi service in our room and throughout the resort was excellent. We would recommend the Temezcal experience, it was transcending. The complimentary sauna and steam facilities in the spa are worth a daily visit. As runners, the fitness facilities were modern and adequate. The beach is good for a barefoot jog, and extends for a considerable (miles long) distance, much of which is bordered only by the natural habitat. As one might expect from a world class resort, the high cost for some of the amenities is a bit of a surprise, but the overall value considering the completely magical experience you will enjoy at Maroma is excellent and we would highly recommend this resort to all who cherish privacy, service, relaxation, and authentic luxury.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Belmond Maroma Resort & Spa, an award-winning luxury beach resort hotel on the Riviera Maya, Mexico. Experience the magic and the beauty of profound well-being in an eternal paradise located in a breathtaking corner of the Yucatan jungle on the Riviera Maya. Enjoy also One of the finest Playa del Carmen restaurants, El Restaurante's eclectic daytime menu offers offers an array of delicious regional specialties. Baja California style shrimp tacos, pescadillas, panuchos and sopes are some of the delicacies on offer. By nightfall, tables glow with candlelight, while a band serenades diners. Be tantalised by our executive chef's interpretation of traditional Mexican cuisine. Dishes include crispy duck tacos with salsa borracha, seafood pozole and lobster enchiladas. El Sol Tapas & Restaurant combines exquisite Mediterranean-style cuisine with a unique Pre-Hispanic Mexican twist. With a relaxed ambiance, large windows afford uninterrupted sea views. The tapas-style menu features a symphony of flavors. Feel your tastebuds tingle as sharp citrus contrasts with olive oils and chilies. Complement your dish with a selection from our international wine list. Or try a new-generation Mexican wine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Belmond Maroma Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maroma Resort And Spa By Orient-Express Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Maroma Resort Spa
- Maroma Hotel Playa Del Carmen