This was our second trip to Maroma - we also visited last November 2012. We stayed in the same oceanfront room for 7 nights.... even better than we remembered.
Highlights of our trip:
Beautiful Beach - impeccable service from Pablo
Gorgeous Grounds and Landscape... illuminated with thousands of candles every night
Spa...the best ever - so beautiful and the best massage (Coco & Minora)
Awesome Gym with fruit and chilled water at hand
Restaurant... delicious food and the best service from Marco at breakfast and San Pablo at dinner
Gabriel the Sommelier so knowledgeable- suggested amazing wine... Muga was our favorite.
Freddy & Victor at the Bar... so friendly - we looked forward to visiting them every night
Marco the night manager was so sweet and helpful
IN SUMMARY: We lived in the most beautiful paradise the past 7 nights filled with our favoriate friends...can't wait to return
Our only suggestion is that the hotel consider changing their status to adults-only or designating a specific area of the hotel and beach for families. Much too romantic for little ones
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Belmond Maroma Resort & Spa, an award-winning luxury beach resort hotel on the Riviera Maya, Mexico. Experience the magic and the beauty of profound well-being in an eternal paradise located in a breathtaking corner of the Yucatan jungle on the Riviera Maya. Enjoy also One of the finest Playa del Carmen restaurants, El Restaurante's eclectic daytime menu offers offers an array of delicious regional specialties. Baja California style shrimp tacos, pescadillas, panuchos and sopes are some of the delicacies on offer. By nightfall, tables glow with candlelight, while a band serenades diners. Be tantalised by our executive chef's interpretation of traditional Mexican cuisine. Dishes include crispy duck tacos with salsa borracha, seafood pozole and lobster enchiladas. El Sol Tapas & Restaurant combines exquisite Mediterranean-style cuisine with a unique Pre-Hispanic Mexican twist. With a relaxed ambiance, large windows afford uninterrupted sea views. The tapas-style menu features a symphony of flavors. Feel your tastebuds tingle as sharp citrus contrasts with olive oils and chilies. Complement your dish with a selection from our international wine list. Or try a new-generation Mexican wine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Hotel.de, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Belmond Maroma Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maroma Resort And Spa By Orient-Express Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Maroma Resort Spa
- Maroma Hotel Playa Del Carmen