We visited Maroma on our Honeymoon and could not have been in a better place. The entire staff was so accommodating, warm and paid attention to detail! They knew our names and we were always properly greeted. It was so magical being in a place that made you feel so special. I can imagine down the road at secrets you are simply a number as you lay out on one of the 40 different cabanas. However, at Maroma Resort and Spa each Cabana/bed is properly attended to, in beautiful condition, and just steps from the water! Simply perfect.
The food was also delicious. After reading a few of the other reviews concerning price I would say that for all the quantity and quality of food it makes sense. Every morning Breakfast is served with artisan pastries, Mexican hot chocolate, fresh fruit, fresh juice and much more. In my opinion if you are really enjoying your vacation then sit there for a couple hours and enjoy and long delicious breakfast just steps from the most amazing ocean on earth! The resort does a great job of giving very different lunch and dinner options which most resorts serve similar items which makes picking meals boring after the second or third day. Maroma's menus are eclectic not to mention the ability to choose between two different dining experiences and on some evenings even a third. Not to mention the wine list:)
Finally, the room leaves me speechless. We had the most beautiful turndown service each and every night, full with rose pedals, personalized notes, and a perfectly cleaned room. I would also give the quality of the room 5 stars.
Honestly, the only negative comment we had the entire trip was flat and expired beer out of the mini bar on one day...One phone call and everything was perfect within minutes.
If you want personalized service from happy employees, delicious food with plenty of options (we even asked for chicken fingers..my husband is a plain eater...and no questions were asked, he had delicious chicken fingers), and the most beautiful hotel and scenery on the coast of mexico then Maroma is for you!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Belmond Maroma Resort & Spa, an award-winning luxury beach resort hotel on the Riviera Maya, Mexico. Experience the magic and the beauty of profound well-being in an eternal paradise located in a breathtaking corner of the Yucatan jungle on the Riviera Maya. Enjoy also One of the finest Playa del Carmen restaurants, El Restaurante's eclectic daytime menu offers offers an array of delicious regional specialties. Baja California style shrimp tacos, pescadillas, panuchos and sopes are some of the delicacies on offer. By nightfall, tables glow with candlelight, while a band serenades diners. Be tantalised by our executive chef's interpretation of traditional Mexican cuisine. Dishes include crispy duck tacos with salsa borracha, seafood pozole and lobster enchiladas. El Sol Tapas & Restaurant combines exquisite Mediterranean-style cuisine with a unique Pre-Hispanic Mexican twist. With a relaxed ambiance, large windows afford uninterrupted sea views. The tapas-style menu features a symphony of flavors. Feel your tastebuds tingle as sharp citrus contrasts with olive oils and chilies. Complement your dish with a selection from our international wine list. Or try a new-generation Mexican wine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Ebookers, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Belmond Maroma Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maroma Resort And Spa By Orient-Express Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Maroma Resort Spa
- Maroma Hotel Playa Del Carmen