Myself and my husband travel quite a lot, and this is the first time I've been moved to write a Trip Advisor review. We came back from Belmond Maroma about a week ago. It was a wonderful trip and, more than anything, I was impressed by the hotel. We booked a Deluxe Ocean View room, and arrived after dark. Initially I was concerned that the ocean view was only from the terrace, and that it was quite a hike from the main building to get to the room. All those worries went away however the next morning. The room was private and beautiful. My husband loved that it was close to the gym, and I loved that it was steps from the gorgeous aquamarine sea with its sugar-sand beach. The staff also was so gracious and helpful. Through them, we really got a sense of the people and their pride in the hotel. Maybe my favorite touch is Dahlia, the lady who makes quesadillas in the lobby. Delicious with the spicy hot chocolate as well. The spa massages were wonderful too - Barbara was our therapist, and really a cut above. Our daughter was staying with friends at Tulum and came to stay with us for the last few nights. I told the manager and he moved us to the penthouse Master Suite at no extra charge. Lit by candles at night, it's a spectacular apartment with a view over the coast. We left feeling that Belmond Maroma is a place that tries extremely hard to go that extra mile. We'd go back in a flash.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set among verdant jungle beside a white, sandy beach, Belmond Maroma Resort & Spa is one of Mexico’s top luxury hotels. Here you can start the day with yoga and end with a session in a traditional temazcal sauna. Spend lazy days in ocean and poolside restaurants or stroll through flower-filled gardens where parrots and butterflies perch. Explore some of Mexico’s great heritage sites, dive in mysterious underwater caves or shop till you drop in Cancun. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Belmond Maroma Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maroma Resort And Spa By Orient-Express Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Maroma Resort Spa
- Maroma Hotel Playa Del Carmen