We absolutely loved our stay at Hotel Maroma. The highlight is definitely the location, beach and the service - all of the staff genuinely seem to love their jobs and were delightful (there are too many to mention but Miguel at breakfast, Carlos at dinner, the Restaurant Captain and the guys on the beach and hospitality team were all exceptional). We were on our honeymoon so initially a little disappointed we weren't upgraded given the resort seemed quiet, our room (with an ocean view) was small, perfectly functional, cozy and lovely - we initially envied the balcony lounges of the room next door but needn't have worried - we spent all our time on the beach. The welcome and tour on arrival is genuinely helpful and special, the restaurants and food experiences each night are all exceptional and the guys that work in the beach bar and assist with beach chairs and drinks are are absolutely incredible! It's a long way from Australia but we will definitely be back! Recommend staying longer than a few days, splurge on an ocean view (you won't be disappointed), ignore Playa del Carmen and just enjoy the resort, particularly the snorkelling and diving (even for those uncertified) is a must. Make this your last stop as it's hard to beat!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Belmond Maroma Resort & Spa, an award-winning luxury beach resort hotel on the Riviera Maya, Mexico. Experience the magic and the beauty of profound well-being in an eternal paradise located in a breathtaking corner of the Yucatan jungle on the Riviera Maya. Enjoy also One of the finest Playa del Carmen restaurants, El Restaurante's eclectic daytime menu offers offers an array of delicious regional specialties. Baja California style shrimp tacos, pescadillas, panuchos and sopes are some of the delicacies on offer. By nightfall, tables glow with candlelight, while a band serenades diners. Be tantalised by our executive chef's interpretation of traditional Mexican cuisine. Dishes include crispy duck tacos with salsa borracha, seafood pozole and lobster enchiladas. El Sol Tapas & Restaurant combines exquisite Mediterranean-style cuisine with a unique Pre-Hispanic Mexican twist. With a relaxed ambiance, large windows afford uninterrupted sea views. The tapas-style menu features a symphony of flavors. Feel your tastebuds tingle as sharp citrus contrasts with olive oils and chilies. Complement your dish with a selection from our international wine list. Or try a new-generation Mexican wine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Belmond Maroma Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maroma Resort And Spa By Orient-Express Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Maroma Resort Spa
- Maroma Hotel Playa Del Carmen