I was looking for a special place for my wife and I for our honeymoon - Maroma turned my dream into a reality. From the moment we were picked up at the airport to the moment we left - it was perfect.
It's not as big as a number of other places - which is just what we wanted. While we saw other guests - for the most part we felt it was our own little paradise. It was easy to find a place without anyone else around.
The beach was perfect. A hardworking and dedicated staff keeps the beach picture perfect. During the day you can see staff members raking up the seaweed. The beach does not get big waves - so it's very easy to swim in.
The staff kept on going above and beyond on a daily basis. Ask for a drink - done; set up a morning snorkeling trip - done; take a trip to Tulum with a driver and expert guide - done. At every meal the servers greeted us by name.
The spa was amazing. It is a true gem. I had five massages - they were all great. They were very professional.
One thing that may have been overlooked by others – the wonderful resident coatis! These very cute and harmless animals (something between a lemur and a raccoon) can sometimes be seen off some of the pathways and at Cilantros (one of Maroma’s restaurants) in the morning. My wife was taken by surprise when she saw one during breakfast but then fell in love.
A few thoughts:
This place is great - but you are paying for that perfection. If you are on a budget - this might not be the best place.
This is a perfect place for honeymoons, anniversaries, etc. That said - I would not recommend it for people looking for late night parties or nightlife. Maroma is a place of peace and quiet - a place to listen to the sound of the ocean. This is a place to decompress. Also - Playa del Carmen is a good 20-30 minutes away.
This is also not a place for people who need their daily TV fix. While Maroma has two TV rooms with a good selection of DVDs - the rooms don't have TVs.
I know that we will definitely come back for an anniversary trip!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set among verdant jungle beside a white, sandy beach, Belmond Maroma Resort & Spa is one of Mexico’s top luxury hotels. Here you can start the day with yoga and end with a session in a traditional temazcal sauna. Spend lazy days in ocean and poolside restaurants or stroll through flower-filled gardens where parrots and butterflies perch. Explore some of Mexico’s great heritage sites, dive in mysterious underwater caves or shop till you drop in Cancun. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, MrandMrsSmith, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Belmond Maroma Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maroma Resort And Spa By Orient-Express Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Maroma Resort Spa
- Maroma Hotel Playa Del Carmen