This is undoubtedly the nicest hotel I've ever stayed at. This is a special hotel where you would spend your anniversary or honeymoon, or even have your wedding there. This is a hotel you go to for complete relaxation, privacy and peace. In fact, there is not even a tv in the rooms.
Each room is unique, with each having their own balcony/patio, which includes a hammock. I spent much time relaxing on this hammock while listening to the sounds of the ocean.
The bed was extremely comfortable with a big fluffy comforter and mosquito netting (for a romantic look). The bathtub in my room was enormous and tiled with authentic Mexican tile. Even the toiletries were nice as they were all organic.
What I liked most about this hotel was the fact that they held onto old world Mexico decor. The grounds are amazing as they are kept as close to a natural state as possible. Native flowers and plants cover the entire property and I saw much local wildlife as well. There were also a few feral cats on the property. I was concerned that the hotel may have them euthanized so as not to bother customers, but when I questioned a staff member, he told me that they capture the cats, have them fixed and release them back to where they were found. I was very impressed with the humanity of this.
The service was impeccable. Room service arrived within 20 minutes from ordering and all of the staff was extremely attentive, kind and genuinely caring. I loved the tea/coffee and newspaper that was delivered to my balcony each morning, so that it was there when I woke up. The turn down service with aromatherapy was also a very comforting service awaiting my return to the room each night.
The beds on the beach were amazing! The beach near the hotel is immaculate as they have staff there to clean it on a daily basis, mainly keeping the seaweed minimal. The hotel does have pools, but the main attraction is the beach there.
Considering the room prices, this hotel probably does not cater to people on a budget. If you have the money this is the only hotel you should pick when staying in Riviera Maya.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to our secluded Riviera Maya resort, set on a pristine white beach among swaying coconut palms. Choose from 63 rooms decorated with plush sofas and Mayan artworks that open out onto the sparkling Caribbean or lush jungle. Sip a jalapeno-spiced cocktail to the sound of the waves at Freddy’s Tequila & Ceviche Bar. Dine at El Sol on contemporary Mexican cuisine paired with award-winning wines, or at El Restaurante, where delicious local and international specialties are served throughout the day. Away from the beach, enjoy snorkeling, diving and kayaking, play tennis or pedal off on a jungle tour. Within minutes of arrival you’ll feel oceans away from the real world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Expedia, getaroom.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Belmond Maroma Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maroma Resort And Spa By Orient-Express Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Maroma Resort Spa
- Maroma Hotel Playa Del Carmen