My wife and I have been to this resort at least 6 times over the last several years. When you arrive the staff makes you feel like you are "home". They remember your name, respect your privacy, but at the same time try to please you in every way. We have only stayed in the ocean view room and it is very cozy. The beds are some of the best I have slept on. They are more comfortable than the bed I sleep on at home. My favorite thing there is the Beach. It is awesome!! It may be one of the best anywhere in the world. The sand is soft and white. The color of the Caribbean Sea is turquoise and it is extremely clear. I have a hard time leaving to eat. Speaking of eating, the breakfast is wonderful and it is included with the rate plan. We think the Huevos Motulenos is gourmet. We eat late for breakfast and usually eat a dinner meal as well. The dinner is very good. If you are there during the night they have "grill night", don't miss it. It was gourmet!! They have a snorkle trip to the second largest reef in the world. It is worth the time spent doing this. It is also included. While there do not miss the Spa. It may also be one of the best we have been to. We also have done the Temscel in the past and it is a wonderful experience. I cannot brag enough about the resort, staff, food, our room. If you like the beach this is THE SPOT. There are several things around the area to see and do, but we just cannot leave this place once we get there. I already want to go back again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Belmond Maroma Resort & Spa, an award-winning luxury beach resort hotel on the Riviera Maya, Mexico. Experience the magic and the beauty of profound well-being in an eternal paradise located in a breathtaking corner of the Yucatan jungle on the Riviera Maya. Enjoy also One of the finest Playa del Carmen restaurants, El Restaurante's eclectic daytime menu offers offers an array of delicious regional specialties. Baja California style shrimp tacos, pescadillas, panuchos and sopes are some of the delicacies on offer. By nightfall, tables glow with candlelight, while a band serenades diners. Be tantalised by our executive chef's interpretation of traditional Mexican cuisine. Dishes include crispy duck tacos with salsa borracha, seafood pozole and lobster enchiladas. El Sol Tapas & Restaurant combines exquisite Mediterranean-style cuisine with a unique Pre-Hispanic Mexican twist. With a relaxed ambiance, large windows afford uninterrupted sea views. The tapas-style menu features a symphony of flavors. Feel your tastebuds tingle as sharp citrus contrasts with olive oils and chilies. Complement your dish with a selection from our international wine list. Or try a new-generation Mexican wine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, Hotel.de, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Belmond Maroma Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maroma Resort And Spa By Orient-Express Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Maroma Resort Spa
- Maroma Hotel Playa Del Carmen