Me and my boyfriend went over there on 20th November 2013 and stayed for 14 nights. We had a really long flight 12 hours from UK! At our arrival at the hotel we were properly taken care of which really impressed me. Our luggage was taken immediately from us and delivered to our room. We were also offered a couple of drinks before checking in. At checking in we chose the privilege option as everyone suggested on tripadviser. Staff at the reception was very friendly and helpful. Our room was very close to the beach. Choosing the privilege option we had our room fridge refilled every day. Food at the hotel was good, the beast was breakfast I think. A la carte restaurants were not so goo though. We manage to go to Mexican restaurant and the food was OK. The restaurant was missing more Mexican atmosphere. The steak house was a complete disaster! Our both steaks were horrible cooked, just uneatable. We gave up on Italian one after seeing its menu. Our favorite staff at the main lunchroom was Roberto. Once we got to know him we always had hot coffee or wine/beer put on our table before we ordered our food. Alcoholic drinks were high quality but you must show them what you want otherwise they will pour their own alcohol. There were few disappointments however, like being on the privilege beach there was supposed to be a drink service. We only saw one person for few minutes then he/she disappeared for few hours. There were also too many people on the second half of our staying which made difficult to find a good place on the beach. The sunbeds were "marked" by their towels since 6 am! which was ridiculous! Nevertheless, the hotel's location is fabulous! White sandy beach, crystal clean water and a green jungle. I will definitely miss the romantically lit promenade from the beach to the main reception.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Catalonia Playa Maroma is situated in the Mayan Riviera, at only 35 kilometers south of Cancun and 20 kilometers north of Playa del Carmen. Regarding to the Travel Channel, Playa Maroma is one of the most beautiful beaches of the world. The typical Mexican decoration with its vibrant colors and palapa roofs surrounded by the native jungle make this resort the perfect place to spend a wonderful vacation. The Mayan World has to offer a lot to its visitors. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Catalonia Playa Maroma reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Playa Maroma Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Catalonia Playa Maroma Del Carmen
- Playa Maroma