Stayed at the catalonia playa from july 14th to 21st , 25min from the airport fast check in , we stayed in the normal section (building 3) great location no need to be upgraded , we found it was a bit expansive for an additionnal a la carte meal (buffet was great anyways) we tried the italian and grill twice each both very good , breakfast at the buffet every morning was very good and lunch at the snack buffet was a bit less good than the buffet.Beach is simply amazing , we traveled with our two boys of 4 and 6 so no need for chairs in the shade we were by the beach every day or in the pool (pool is way to warm(hot).
great activity group and service trough out the resort was great (if you need more water or beer or sodas or anything , they will bring you more in no time.I have already recommended this hotel since beeing there and will probably be back soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Catalonia Playa Maroma is situated in the Mayan Riviera, at only 35 kilometers south of Cancun and 20 kilometers north of Playa del Carmen. Regarding to the Travel Channel, Playa Maroma is one of the most beautiful beaches of the world. The typical Mexican decoration with its vibrant colors and palapa roofs surrounded by the native jungle make this resort the perfect place to spend a wonderful vacation. The Mayan World has to offer a lot to its visitors. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Catalonia Playa Maroma reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Playa Maroma Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Catalonia Playa Maroma Del Carmen
- Playa Maroma