“Breathtaking”

Pavo Real by the Sea
Reserve with OpenTable
Pavo Real by the Sea is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$30 - US$85
Cuisines: Caribbean, French, Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Pavo Real by the Sea is an intimate, magical restaurant at the edge of the best beach in the world. You will come for the gorgeous view, you will come back for the incredible food prepared by Chef Alfonso Gonzalez and the attentive service and excellent wine list. Enjoy cocktails in the open-air bar at the edge of the beach, then choose a table in the garden or in the cozy salon decorated with original art, sit back and let us serve you a meal you won't be able to forget. The menu includes fresh foie gras, local fish and seafood, rack of lamb, beef tenderloin, bouillabaisse...And more. For a really special occasion, reserve a private romantic dinner on the beach. We look forward to your visit.
Buffalo, New York
“Breathtaking”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

My boyfriend surprised me and brought me here for dinner on my birthday while we were vacationing in PDC. It was a bit of a drive from our resort but not too bad. Our taxi brought us to the entrance of Pavo Real Resort. Upon entering we were given a van to take us to the restaurant. I had no idea why we had to get into another vehicle but went with it. The drive was great! We were literally in a jungle and I was amazed that the driver could maneuver through what seemed to be such narrow roads and over grown jungle. When we got to the restaurant we were greet by the maitre'd and he brought us to the ocean front seating area- wow. Stunning views of the beach and the resort & dining area. Absolutely one of the most romantic destinations I've ever been to. We enjoyed a drink and took some pictures before the sun set. We were brought to our table on the outside patio shortly after. There are only 4 tables out there and it overlooks a small pool and of course the ocean. Did I mention it was breathtaking? To start the waiter brought out some sort of thinly sliced sashimi- excellent. When it was time to order I went with the rack of lamb and my boyfriend ordered the lobster. I can honestly say best food I've tasted to date. This place is a hidden gem. Start to finish everything was perfect and made my birthday even more special. If you're in Riviera Maya for a special occasion- go!

• Visited August 2014
3 Thank Jami0804

Quad Cities, Illinois
“Hidden Jungle Gem”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

We celebrated our 30th anniversary at PR and was very satisfied with the great service received by the excellent staff. The setting was extraordinary on the terrace by the beach. The lobster was great and soup very good also. The reservation process was smooth and email communication was prompt. I wanted a unique experience for this occation and when we traveled several hundred yards in dense jungle by van to get there I knew it was going to be just that. Thanks Chef for the great service.

BTW, ask to see the special resort rooms next to the restaurant, wow. www.kinsolsoleil.com

• Visited August 2014
2 Thank GP2006
Bossier City, Louisiana
“Best LAMB of my life!”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

My husband and I ate here while in Riviera Maya for a week. It was about a 35 minute drive from our hotel, but worth every second. When we arrived we immediately were swept away in the beauty and atmosphere. We sat on the lounging area by the beach and enjoyed wine while we relaxed and looked at the beautiful surroundings. For dinner we sat in a gorgeous patio area with a super romantic feel, ate the most delicious rack of lamb I have ever put in my mouth. My husband had lobster, and he was so stuffed he couldn't finish it, but wished he could...it was delicious as well. We skipped dessert because we were so full. We hated to leave because it was so gorgeous we wanted to stay all night. However, we can't wait to go back and bring family and show them the most beautiful and tastiest meal we have ever eaten. I would also like to say our bill was only $150 USD, which we were very impressed, since we had the foie gras appetizer, tons of wine, and the two most expensive entrees on the menu...it was very reasonable in my opinion. The service was impeccable, both servers, and watching the chef constantly come look to see if the timing was just perfect for everything, it was a perfect evening, I can't say enough good things.

1 Thank Rachel B
Holly Lake Ranch, Texas
“Wonderful discovery!”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

The setting for this restaurant is fabulous...right on a beautiful beach. We never
expected to find this quality restaurant in the tourist area of Playa del Carmen.
We had the best meal we have ever had in Mexico there. The chef is French.
The service was very attentive and professional. The food was delicious. My
husband had lamb cooked perfectly and I had stuffed squid on risotto. We can't
wait to go back. Great bar also.

1 Thank Karolyn M
Salem, Oregon
“Amazing Romantic Dinner”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

We recently enjoyed a romantic dinner at this restaurant while on our honeymoon. we are a same-sex couple and were staying at The Grand Mayan Resort in Playa del Carmen and asked for suggestions for a Romantic dinner with an Ocean view. The resort made our reservations for us and when we arrived, we were greeted by the friendly staff. They immediately asked if we would like to enjoy a bottle of wine on the promenade near the beach. They took us to nice furnishings by the beach where we ordered a bottle of wine and they served us while we enjoyed the wonderful view and the sound of the Ocean waves. After a couple of glasses, we were invited to take our bottle of wine to our table on the outdoor patio that had a fabulous view of the ocean beyond the small yard that had trees wrapped in lights and a lovely lighted pool. The setting was breath taking, the patio had grand white pillars. We dined with soft older music playing with the sound of the ocean waves in the background. The food and service was perfect! It was a truly wonderful experience that I would highly recommend to other couples! The Manager Adrian was a wonderful Host!

1 Thank travelinman1957