“A perfect start to our 3 week Indian Odyssey”
Review of Radisson Blu Kochi

Radisson Blu Kochi
Ranked #4 of 30 Hotels in Ernakulam
Reviewed 26 January 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights in January , 3 people in 2 rooms. After having written a letter to the Manager Mr Shukla , explaining that my wife and I would be with my 85 year old Mother –in-Law and required rooms close to each other, Mr shukla upgraded us to club rooms and ensured our rooms were next to each other.

Our welcome to the hotel and check in was very cordial and swift. The rooms were large and very comfortable.

Every single member of staff I interacted with were professional, kind, friendly, respectful and always went the extra mile to ensure our stay was the best it could possibly be. I had one small problem whilst we were there which is to small to even mention really but I relate it here because upon hearing of this very minor problem one of the day managers informed me that, and I quote, “A small problem for you sir, is far from minor for us”. Needless to say it was rectified almost immediately.

I will not this time commend any particular member of staff because to do so would be unfair to all the other members of staff who were to a woman and a man, truly excellent representatives and ambassadors for their hotel. The higher management should be proud of their staff and proud of their own training and recruitment programme.

The amenities we used were all ‘top notch’. The roof top bar and grill we used each day. It has a good selection of beers, spirits and wines. The Indian Sula red wine is a good Cabernet/shiraz red. The Mohito cocktails were very good. The Chinese restaurant was the best we had tried since a trip to Singapore some years back. The Indian/fusion cuisine restaurant ‘Keisha’ was also good value and good food.

The roof top pool was very welcome after a few hours of the dusty streets of Kochi and fort Cochin

The reason for choosing this top class hotel for our first full three days in India was to be able to acclimatise and rest somewhat, after our 26 hour journey. The hotel and it’s staff fulfilled all our requirements and went above and beyond what we expected.

I heartily recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Divakar S, General Manager at Radisson Blu Kochi, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for such a wonderful remark about DREAM. It is an honor to learn that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us.

It gives us immense pleasure when we live up to your expectations and that is what we aim at always. Making your stay worth memorable is our foremost goal and we ensure best of services at all times.

Once again I thank you for this wonderful feedback and look forward to welcome you back soon.

There are newer reviews for Radisson Blu Kochi

Reviewed 21 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed here 3 nights and found this hotel pretty good. Clean and tidy. The only things that were annoying were the flashing neon light through the night in the ceiling, and being charged for wifi. It's just a pain having to log in and go through the process.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RyanByron

Dear Guest,

Let me thank you first for this wonderful comment. It is an honor to learn that you had a comfortable stay with us and hence, we look forward to your next visit very soon.

Once again, thank you so much.

Reviewed 10 January 2014

We stayed here for one night ahead of our flight home following a tour of Kerala. The hotel was a refreshing change from our other stays, it had a distinct 'city' feel and was decorated in a modern minimalist style. We were greeted from our long journey with a refreshing drink which we appreciated. The room was lovely and had a view of the city. We ate in the hotel restaurant and both of our meals were delicious (grilled prawns and grilled snapper) and well priced. Alcohol was served, even in the restaurant, which was nice as we found many hotels in Kerala did not. So it was nice to toast the end of our holiday with a drink. All the staff we dealt with were friendly and helpful, and check in / out was pain free. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Divakar S, General Manager at Radisson Blu Kochi, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful feedback with us. It is a pleasure to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us in DREAM and hence we look forward to welcome you back soon.

Once again thank you for the remarkable comment.

Reviewed 8 January 2014

We stayed there for new year eve with 2 kids, during our 2 weeks tour around south india.

Even if the location is not the best for visiting Cochin, the hotel is really great. The service was excellent, and they gave us room far from the event they had that night so that the children could sleep quietly.

Room are really great and modern.

The restaurant was quite ok, even if a bit expensive on the evening for the food provided.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank kstor_80

Dear Guest,

Let me take this opportunity to thank you for the feedback given. We at DREAM always value all our guest's requests and it is an honor to make their stay worth memorable.

It gives me immense pleasure that you had a comfortable stay with us and hence look forward to see you soon.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

We were upgraded to a suite room at no extra cost and the room was huge!! Bathroom was lovely and the room was modern. Carpet was quite worn and looked a bit stained. Located on busy mg road we used it as a base to explore the area. The pool area was lovely and we had it to ourselves to swim and lie by! Drinking at the high bar was nice, although a shame that all bars close at 11pm... Was able to take away beer to room tho!!! Main thing that let this hotel down was no free wifi.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Paula H

Dear Guest,

Let me thank you first for the wonderful comment related to your stay at DREAM.

It is a pleasure to know that you had a comfortable stay with us. We value all our guest's feedback and hence your constructive feedback is well noted.

Once again thank you so much for your comment and we look forward to serve you again.

Reviewed 6 January 2014

Dear Sir
I have live in Bangalore , but Cochin is my hometown. I was down in Cochin this December to celebrate Christmas with my family and friends. Was looking for a place to have a good time for new years and Dream Neon party came highly recommended . Though the price was Rs:9000 ( $ 140 ) for a couple pass . I had picked up 4 couple passes for the night. The price was high by Cochin standards , but I was ready to pay the same as me and my wife had not been out for a party in a long time as we had a kid ( who was being taken care of by my cousin for the night ) . I had my brother and his wife join me. Had invited a couple from Dubai and Delhi as my guest . We were all excited for spending the new year party and arrived at your hotel at about 10 pm on 31st night . We were thrilled at being in a “Vikram Chatwal Hotel “ . We went straight to Ava Lounge as we had picked up passes for the same and were assured that this was the pace to party and let our hair down . The euphoria only lasted as our tickets were taken and we entered the lounge . There were about 15 women and about a 150 men in the lounge . There was no space to stand let alone dance on the dance floor which was completely occupied by men ( of all ages ) . My wife, sister in law and the other two couples had to be surrounded by at least 4 bouncers so that they were not pinched or fondled ( keeping this as is) . The bar was completely inundated with men and to get a drink was next to impossible. There were too few to serve and the bar counter was manned by 2-3 people which was inadequate. It took me an hour to get Drinks for people along with me , for which I had to constantly plead with the multiple floor managers . The drinks we got were not what we ordered. Some of it did not even have ice in it for which it was another struggle . We had no place to even keep our drinks. We were not let on the dance-floor with drinks and by the time we came back someone else had sipped into our drinks. My friends from Dubai and Delhi gave me some excuse and left after an hour . Imagine my embarrassment . At least 4 people were evicted off the dance-floor for indecent behavior. As night progressed things just got worse . I could see people lying in corridors and smoking areas. One guy was throwing up all over the latrine . I really felt bad for your hotel staff who patiently waited for him to finish to clean up . I saw a person being evicted as he was in an inebriate state after throwing up a couple of times and then the same guy roaming around the food counter after some time . There was no way a couple could let their hair down in Ava-lounge . I even saw few guys misbehaving with the family of GM of the hotel and he had to forcefully evict them. Oh I forgot to say that there was a so called belly dancer that arrived and fled for her dear life
Some Positives : The place where the food was arrange was good. I would really appreciate the bouncers who ensured that things did not go out of hand. One of them suggested that I go to the family affair arranged in the hall on 13th floor as there would be a bit more sanity there and he was right , at least there was more space as by 1:30 am all families had left and there were a few couples on the dance floor with some Hindi hits playing . We spent about an hour there and finally called it a night
This was by far the worst managed party that I had been to and I would stick my neck out and say that the hotel could have managed this better if it had any sought of control over the number of stag passes issued . It was purely a money making spree that put water on my one night out in Cochin . I was shocked and dismayed

A few suggestion that would have worked was if the hotel had check the number of stags for the party .If the dance floor could have been exclusively for couples . At least they could have had waiters serving drinks for ladies. But sadly all these were overlooked. It was money over hospitality. For the amount of money I had spent on New Year’s (Rs:36000 about $560) I could have driven down to the Airport and taken a flight to Thailand and celebrated New Years and come back with money to spare

Asking for a refund is at top of my mind. But the embarrassment caused to my friend and family go far beyond anything that can be compensated . I write this to you so that you may ensure that this does not happen next year and someone else is spared of this experience. I cannot even begin to say the what my wife and friends feel about this

But I hope you take heed , look into this and put corrective measure

I may never visit this hotel again

Regards,

Amit Sebastian
M : +91 9538019340

PS: Posting this review in Trip advisor as there is not a single email to be be found on your website and feed back was limited to 450 characters

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
9  Thank Amit S
Reviewed 5 January 2014

If in Kochi for business i suggest this place as the check in is super quick, the staff is amazing, the welcome was one of the nicest thing, rooms are good enough for a business traveler, breakfast menu is nice, and you can have a nice workout at the gym too.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank MithunNair
Divakar S, General Manager at Radisson Blu Kochi, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback.

It is a pleasure to know that we lived up to your expectations. We always ensure that all our guests have a comfortable stay with us.

We look forward to welcome you back soon.

Divakar Shukla

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ernakulam
Kochi Marriott Hotel
Holiday Inn Cochin
#2 of 30 in Ernakulam
Vivanta by Taj - Malabar
Vivanta by Taj - Malabar
#8 of 211 in Kochi (Cochin)
Trident, Cochin
Trident, Cochin
#15 of 211 in Kochi (Cochin)
Crowne Plaza Kochi
Crowne Plaza Kochi
#1 of 3 in Maradu

Been to Radisson Blu Kochi? Share your experiences!