“Rajeev Joshi - Bad Experiance”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Radisson Blu Kochi

Radisson Blu Kochi
Ranked #5 of 29 Hotels in Ernakulam
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Rajeev Joshi - Bad Experiance”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

Overall the stay was very nice except for 2 incidents.
I was given steam bath as complimentary with Sweedish Massage at the spa. But my wife was not offered the same earlier evening when she took the sweedish massage.My wife was not offerred even simple bath facilities at the spa. When I pointed this to the reception their answer was that the girl for massage on the previous evening was unaware of complimentary things. They refused discount for this lapse.

As soon as I checked-in I asked for Airport Drop and the charges by the Hotel was too high. So they offered to book private taxi at half the price and even confirmed the booking and told me that the Taxi will arrive at 6.45 Am, When I came to reception to Check-out and leave for Airport I was told that the taxi booked has not arrived and no way to contact them, Since I was stranded and may miss the flight I had to take the Hotel Taxi and paid double the price.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Divakar S, General Manager at Radisson Blu Kochi, responded to this review, 15 February 2014
Dear Guest,

Let me apologize for the inconvenience caused to you and we are highly sorry for the same. At DREAM it is our utmost priority to emphasize on all the guest feedback and hence take it very positively to enhance the same.

As per the conversation had with you , we would be highly grateful to give best of services on your next visit to DREAM and we look forward to it very soon..

Divakar Shukla

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
  • Arabic first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2014

Check-in was smooth with welcome drink and friendly staff. I booked for 2 nights but next day they called me three times asking whether I am extending or checking out. All the times I explained them that my booking is for 2 nights. finally they catch me at the reception at around 6pm for the same. I had to personally check my check-in papers to find-out where it went wrong. Some other one night booking voucher was attached to my room wrongly and hotel staff were repeatedly insisting for my check-out. when I informed my stay is for 2 nights they were not even bothered to cross check the backup.

I was not carrying any local SIM card, my family from Dubai was trying to reach me through hotel line. First day hotel connected all my incoming calls to a different room putting my family in panic situation.

My TV channel was not working. Called reception two times, eventhough they told me that they will send someone from engineering dept but no one came until I made a third reminder after 10 hours.

Room carpet is in very bad shape.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Divakar S, General Manager at Radisson Blu Kochi, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Dear Guest,

Let me extend my heartfelt apology for the inconvenience caused. Each and every feedback of our guest is vital and we give equal importance to all the feedback passed.

None of the guest comments are left unattended and our foremost priority is to ensure that our guests have a comfortable stay with us. It was very unfortunate that we could not live up to your expectations, however would request you to allow us to serve you better next time.

We assure you best of services on your next visit. We at DREAM always value our guests and would definitely like to serve you again.

Ernakulam, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2014

Had a great stay. good accessibility which can easily go to the heart of city. Food was amazing.
overall, The staff, Food and Facilities at the hotel were excellent. I have no hesitiation in recommending this hotel as a top place to stay..!! Bz its really worth it.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Nitheesh V
Divakar S, General Manager at Radisson Blu Kochi, responded to this review, 4 February 2014
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for this wonderful feedback. It is an honor to learn that you had an enjoyable stay at DREAM.

We would like to serve you again and hence look forward to your next visit very soon.

Once again thank you very much for the comment.

Montgomery, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2014

My husband MarkMMontgomery wrote a recent review of our stay here which was excellent. We returned a few days later to while away some hours before catching our late evening train. We anticipated another gentle swim in the lovely roof top pool followed by a repeat of the excellent dinner of a few days earlier. The meal was just as good but we were surprised and dissappointed to be abruptly told that the pool was for residents only and although "permitted" to sit and read in the lobby for a couple of hours the staff studiously ignored us as if embarassed by our presence. Nevertheless we tried to put this behind us and did indeed enjoy another excellent meal at the buffet restaurant. When we put the above complaint on our restaurant satisfaction form the restaurant manager came to us and expressed his surprise too. Perhaps I should add that we are a couple in our mid fifties not a loud group of teenagers who might disrupt bona fide guests.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Divakar S, General Manager at Radisson Blu Kochi, responded to this review, 31 January 2014
Dear Guest,

At the outset I would like to thank you for the valuable feedback,
It was not a pleasant feeling to go through this feedback especially when it follows an extremely good feedback given by the same guest.At Dream Cochin we follow a set standard operating procedure just to provide our guest the best of the services and convenience, however I understand a slight flexibility from our side would have given a perfect finish to your trip.Hence I request you to accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience caused.

I request you to give us a chance more to dazzle you with our best of the services and we look forward to welcome you back to Dream Cochin again.

Montgomery
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2014

Booked on "Points" - the entry didn't do it justice. From the conceierge welcome, receptionist and our room 1601 (upgraded to a mini-suite) we were delighted. The roof-top pool was lovely and the real bonus was the buffet evening meal in the restaurant. Oh no! not another hotel buffet - well I was right in a sense - this was not just another buffet. A really good selection including some delightful Euro-Indian Fusion starters - and a reasonable price too. Note: the beer from the mini bar was surprisingly both cold and reasonably priced.

Two minor negatives - the bedroom shower was a little slow to run away causing water to leak under the door into the bathroom and the bedroom carpet needed a good shampoo - stained rather than surface dirt.

We enjoyed our stay so much that resolved to return to use the pool and eat (not stay this time) a few days later before our late train connection - see either restaurant review or review by my wife!

Room Tip: If a view is important to you check which side of the hotel you are - didn't matter to us as we...
Dear Guest,

At the outset allow me to take this opportunity to thank you for the wonderful feedback, we at DREAM always emphasize in rendering best of services to all our esteemed guests and hence take pride in doing the same. It is a pleasure to learn that you had a wonderful stay with us.
Looking forwards to welcome you back in Dream soon.

hail. ksa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2014

its nice hotel in kochi but the price is so expensive if you come by your self ( no voucher from travel office ) they give me on first visit 25000 rp for tow rooms , second visit with travel office they give me tow rooms + 2 extra bed 14000 rp.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

Let me take this opportunity to thank you for the wonderful feedback. It is a pleasure to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and definitely look forward to your next visit.

We ensure that all our guests have comfortable stay with us and assure them best of services at all times. Kindly let us know about your next visit and we would be more than happy in serving you with best available rates offered.

Chennai (Madras), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2014

This is my 3rd visit in 3 months to kochi and this time i chose to experiment by staying for 2 nights at Dream Kochi. Not sure how it would be but was surprised by the rooms decor however i feel that the cupboards inside need a makeover and so do their carpets. The room that i stayed was spacious and well equipped.
I personally did not like the flashy Neon bulbs and the similar blue colors were used inside the rooms. Too much off White sometimes made me feel colorless as well. I did use their Gym and it was top notch. Their food was decent and well priced as i was veg so my options were lesser. They have got a wonderful entrance over the reception with bright lights and few statues around. Had to skip their breakfast as it didn't come along with our Business package. Wifi is also chargeable and we need to keep logging in continuously as well.

In all a decent stay but something went a miss to give it a 5.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Looking forwards to welcome you back in Dream soon.

Divakar Shukla
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ernakulam
Kochi Marriott Hotel
Holiday Inn Cochin
#3 of 29 in Ernakulam
Fragrant Nature Kochi
Fragrant Nature Kochi
#1 of 201 in Kochi (Cochin)
Vivanta by Taj - Malabar
Vivanta by Taj - Malabar
#6 of 201 in Kochi (Cochin)
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,912 reviews
Crowne Plaza Kochi
Crowne Plaza Kochi
#1 of 3 in Maradu

Been to Radisson Blu Kochi? Share your experiences!