“Wonderful Hotel, Wonderful food, Wonderful stay...”
Review of Radisson Blu Kochi

Radisson Blu Kochi
Ranked #5 of 29 Hotels in Ernakulam
New Delhi, India
“Wonderful Hotel, Wonderful food, Wonderful stay...”
Reviewed 26 February 2014

I have stayed in this hotel for more than 4 months and it is a home away from home.

It has great and staff are young and professional. Our room was very pleasantly furnished in modern style and comfortable – a real haven. Especially at night times the lighting all around makes it so exotic. There is 3 restaurants one being on the roof with a bar, the swimming pool is also on the rooftop.

But the most awesome thing was Chef Asif's food. He is a wonderful guy who cooks the most delicious food i ate across India.Except being a good chef, he is a brilliant manager who ensured that my food as well as my overall stay is comfortable in dream. I had stayed at The Taj gateway but switch to Dream, i must say it was a right choice.
Hotel's GM Mr. Divakar shukla is a very nice and friendly guy, who is running this hotel with amazing coordination. Fino really made our stay memorable at several occasions. This is the best hotel, I never had such an excellent experience that I had at Dreams Hotel. The staff right from the front office, Housekeeping, to Room Service make you feel at home.The hotel food is so delicious and homely.

I did use their Gym and it was top notch. Prasoon (Gym trainer) is a professional trainer with state level records in weight lifting and excellent knowledge of exercises. Along with Gym, SPA is also one thing that i will never forget. A Ayurveda massage with steam and sona makes you feel really relaxing and divine.

The hotel has a famous pub and a good crowd puller during weekends.

The pub at the hotel is really upto its name "Dream" and a must visit for an nightlife freaks.

Thank you Dream and will meet again!!!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Divakar S, General Manager at Radisson Blu Kochi, responded to this review, 28 February 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for honoring DREAM with such a wonderful comment. It is a great pleasure to learn that you have enjoyed your stay with us. Your individual regards has been passed to the associates.

It gives us immense pleasure and happiness when we are able to meet your expectations because serving our guest to the best of services has always been our utmost priority. Once again thank you so much for your wonderful feedback and we look forward to serve you again.

Divakar Shukla

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
  • Arabic first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 22 February 2014

An outstanding hotel. The staff were all efficient, friendly and committed and were incredibly accommodating with room requests, late checkout and food preparation. Our room was very pleasantly furnished in modern style and comfortable – a real haven. While the hotel is some way from MG Road and food outlets, the inhouse restaurants are first class and the food is superb for both dinner and breakfast: the best chicken dish and best omelets we had anywhere in India. A great stop for anyone transiting in and out of Kochi airport.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Divakar S, General Manager at Radisson Blu Kochi, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Dear Guest,

Let me take this opportunity to thank you for the feedback. Your comfort and memorable stay at DREAM is of utmost priority for us and we take pride in giving our best in rendering the same.

It was an honor to serve and we look forward to your next visit very soon. Once again many thanks for this wonderful comment.

leeds, england
Reviewed 18 February 2014

we stayed 30th january 2014,this 5 star hotel lives up to its star rating the rooms are spacious a settee and armchairs in ours,spotlessly clean room.there is 3 restaurants one being on the roof with a bar the swimming pool is also on the roof.breakfast is the best we have had in india with so much choice indian and english.the same restaurant charges £7 for a buffet meal in the evening again the choice is brilliant the staff especially Suraj Kumar are very helpful,we also ate in the chinese restaurant they import the food from china and the taste is really good.there does not seem much to do nearby so we tuk tuked to the sights,i would not hesitate to recomend this hotel based on our visit.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Divakar S, General Manager at Radisson Blu Kochi, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Dear Guest,

It gives me immense pleasure to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us at DREAM. Your individual comment has been passed to the concerned associate and its an honor to make your stay worth memorable.

We would like to serve you again and hence look forward to your next stay very soon. Once again thank you very much for such a wonderful feedback.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Overall the stay was very nice except for 2 incidents.
I was given steam bath as complimentary with Sweedish Massage at the spa. But my wife was not offered the same earlier evening when she took the sweedish massage.My wife was not offerred even simple bath facilities at the spa. When I pointed this to the reception their answer was that the girl for massage on the previous evening was unaware of complimentary things. They refused discount for this lapse.

As soon as I checked-in I asked for Airport Drop and the charges by the Hotel was too high. So they offered to book private taxi at half the price and even confirmed the booking and told me that the Taxi will arrive at 6.45 Am, When I came to reception to Check-out and leave for Airport I was told that the taxi booked has not arrived and no way to contact them, Since I was stranded and may miss the flight I had to take the Hotel Taxi and paid double the price.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Divakar S, General Manager at Radisson Blu Kochi, responded to this review, 15 February 2014
Dear Guest,

Let me apologize for the inconvenience caused to you and we are highly sorry for the same. At DREAM it is our utmost priority to emphasize on all the guest feedback and hence take it very positively to enhance the same.

As per the conversation had with you , we would be highly grateful to give best of services on your next visit to DREAM and we look forward to it very soon..

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 7 February 2014

Check-in was smooth with welcome drink and friendly staff. I booked for 2 nights but next day they called me three times asking whether I am extending or checking out. All the times I explained them that my booking is for 2 nights. finally they catch me at the reception at around 6pm for the same. I had to personally check my check-in papers to find-out where it went wrong. Some other one night booking voucher was attached to my room wrongly and hotel staff were repeatedly insisting for my check-out. when I informed my stay is for 2 nights they were not even bothered to cross check the backup.

I was not carrying any local SIM card, my family from Dubai was trying to reach me through hotel line. First day hotel connected all my incoming calls to a different room putting my family in panic situation.

My TV channel was not working. Called reception two times, eventhough they told me that they will send someone from engineering dept but no one came until I made a third reminder after 10 hours.

Room carpet is in very bad shape.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Divakar S, General Manager at Radisson Blu Kochi, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Dear Guest,

Let me extend my heartfelt apology for the inconvenience caused. Each and every feedback of our guest is vital and we give equal importance to all the feedback passed.

None of the guest comments are left unattended and our foremost priority is to ensure that our guests have a comfortable stay with us. It was very unfortunate that we could not live up to your expectations, however would request you to allow us to serve you better next time.

We assure you best of services on your next visit. We at DREAM always value our guests and would definitely like to serve you again.

Ernakulam, India
Reviewed 2 February 2014

Had a great stay. good accessibility which can easily go to the heart of city. Food was amazing.
overall, The staff, Food and Facilities at the hotel were excellent. I have no hesitiation in recommending this hotel as a top place to stay..!! Bz its really worth it.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Nitheesh V
Divakar S, General Manager at Radisson Blu Kochi, responded to this review, 4 February 2014
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for this wonderful feedback. It is an honor to learn that you had an enjoyable stay at DREAM.

We would like to serve you again and hence look forward to your next visit very soon.

Once again thank you very much for the comment.

Montgomery, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 January 2014

My husband MarkMMontgomery wrote a recent review of our stay here which was excellent. We returned a few days later to while away some hours before catching our late evening train. We anticipated another gentle swim in the lovely roof top pool followed by a repeat of the excellent dinner of a few days earlier. The meal was just as good but we were surprised and dissappointed to be abruptly told that the pool was for residents only and although "permitted" to sit and read in the lobby for a couple of hours the staff studiously ignored us as if embarassed by our presence. Nevertheless we tried to put this behind us and did indeed enjoy another excellent meal at the buffet restaurant. When we put the above complaint on our restaurant satisfaction form the restaurant manager came to us and expressed his surprise too. Perhaps I should add that we are a couple in our mid fifties not a loud group of teenagers who might disrupt bona fide guests.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Divakar S, General Manager at Radisson Blu Kochi, responded to this review, 31 January 2014
31.01.14
Dear Guest,

At the outset I would like to thank you for the valuable feedback,
It was not a pleasant feeling to go through this feedback especially when it follows an extremely good feedback given by the same guest.At Dream Cochin we follow a set standard operating procedure just to provide our guest the best of the services and convenience, however I understand a slight flexibility from our side would have given a perfect finish to your trip.Hence I request you to accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience caused.

I request you to give us a chance more to dazzle you with our best of the services and we look forward to welcome you back to Dream Cochin again.

Divakar Shukla
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ernakulam
Kochi Marriott Hotel
Holiday Inn Cochin
#3 of 29 in Ernakulam
Fragrant Nature Kochi
Fragrant Nature Kochi
#1 of 205 in Kochi (Cochin)
Vivanta by Taj - Malabar
Vivanta by Taj - Malabar
#7 of 205 in Kochi (Cochin)
Crowne Plaza Kochi
Crowne Plaza Kochi
#1 of 3 in Maradu

Been to Radisson Blu Kochi? Share your experiences!