Dream Hotel is without a doubt, one of the best in its class in Cochin city. My gang of 7 (4 adults and 3 kids) stayed in Dream hotel last week. The stay, although only for 2 days, was thoroughly enjoyed by all.
The location is very convenient, very near to Vyttila Junction, but at the same time devoid of the snarling traffic congestion of the city. It is quite easy to spot, with the lettering of its name quite prominently displayed vertically on its superstructure.
The automatic gates do take a bit of time in opening, but once that is crossed, the drive way leads to the entrance, which is manned by hotel staff and security, who are very polite and professional.
The hotel lobby is nicely done up- the 4 elephant statue in the middle of the lobby presents a curious spectacle, and draws all shutterbugs to it. The color-changing chandelier is also a nice sight to behold. The floors are spotlessly clean.The carpets are done up in a blue 'space age' hue and filled with shooting stars and what not. The sofas are comfortable. There was also a welcome drink- colored blue, which was liked by all.
The reception staff were very polite and took some time to interact with us, and the kids. The luggage was efficiently transported to our rooms.
The security personnel handled the Valet parking too, providing us with tokens in exchange for the keys.
We occupied two club rooms on the 14th floor, and on entering it, we were taken aback by the big size of the rooms. It was nice to see that the club rooms had a separate sitting room and bedroom. The furniture and walls were all done up in white, which is a smart move by the hotel. The floors are carpeted blue. The AC worked perfectly, and the guest relations officer who guided us to our room, was efficient and explained the remote controlled lighting, and uses of all the essential call buttons in the room. The lighting system was a novelty- I admit, and kids will love playing with the remote for quite some time, while jumping on the soft beds. There was a well stocked mini-bar, and also available were sachets for milk powder, tea, coffee and sugar. Two small bottles of mineral water are complimentary.
The in-room dining was OK, food items are expensive. Paid wi-fi charges were a bit too high.
The club room had 2 LCD TVs, and the channels on offer were OK. The bathroom/toilet was clean, and had a separate glass paned shower cubicle. The variety of toileteries were quite nice. The towels were soft and clean too.
The housekeeping staff were very accommodative at all times, and refreshed the toileteries and towels on request.
We had a complimentary buffet breakfast which was enjoyed by all, and the spread was quite satisfactory. The chef talked to us, and also suggested waffles for the kids, which they enjoyed. The bacon I had there was very good. The female staff of the restaurant keisha were very pleasant and helpful.
We took a lift to the 24th floor which had the swimming pool. The pool was clean, and the water was devoid of any chlorine odour and was crystal clear. We thoughly enjoyed two days in the pool, with only the windy rains playing spoilsport at times. One side of the pool was around 3 ft, while the other was near 6 feet. Towels at the pool side were clean. I would definitely advise visitors to carry their swim gear along.
Sleep quality in the room was 10/10. I recieved my morning newspaper on the first day, while it was mysteriously missing on the second.
Points for the management:
1) It would be great if you could ask the guests who travel with kids if they would prefer an extra bed/ matress for them. This is a thing which many 5 star hotels do without having the guest ask them first, and of course it would be great if it is provided on a complimentary basis. Fitting a family of 4 into the bed is quite difficult, and I had to use the services of the sitting room sofa.
2) No guest likes to miss his morning newspaper- so do make sure it is there.
3) The buffet breakfast spread is nice, but I would request you to procure quality sausages and ham. The chicken sausages which were offered were tiny and not as soft as expected. Also kids would prefer if they were given the non-peppered variety. For adults, the peppered variety is fine.
4) A play area for kids is just a suggestion I am putting here, because I understand you are a business hotel. but sometime when one needs to get useful work done, there should be something to keep the kids occupied.
5) If there was any way to make the swimming pool covered during rains (retractable roofing), it would be great. The cold winds during rains do definitely chill one to the bone.
6) Wi-fi charges have to be reduced.
7) Windows need cleaning regularly. The reason I say this was that eventhough the room windows are double paned, I could see lots of dead mosquitoes in between the panes, and it is an off-putting spectacle early in the morning. (Room 1412)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The contemporary hotel design and concept marries the drama of the exotic east with the whimsy of the west, offering travelers a new vision of modern luxury. A life-style hotel in the heart of Cochin city that is closest to the International Airport and with unmatched ease of access to the commercial hubs and heritage sites of Cochin. Spoil yourself at this hip and trendy hotel with a new vision of modern luxury and design. Strategically located in the heart of Cochin and 2 kms away from the Railway and Bus stations. In close proximity to the commercial hubs like MG Road, Infopark, Smart City and heritage sites of Cochin. Cochin Int'l Airport: 32 kms, 45 minutes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Radisson Blu Kochi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dream Hotel Kochi