“Excellent Stay and Food”
Review of Holiday Inn Cochin

Holiday Inn Cochin
Ranked #2 of 30 Hotels in Ernakulam
Bengaluru, India
“Excellent Stay and Food”
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Stayed for a Night at Holiday Inn Kochi

Good things:
A very comfortable bed and soft sheets.
Clean Bathroom and nice bathing kit ( conditioner is really good ).
Wi-Fi facility in rooms
Awesome Breakfast ( felt like eating all the stuff put up .. some 20 + things )
Safe and Sound Sleep

Some not so good things :
No welcome Drink ( arrived after waiting 7 hours at Delhi Airport due to Air India flight delay )
A/C was kinda slow
Sauna wouldn't work - Not really a Spa

Room Tip: Pick any room. Do use the Conditioner
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Raju2362, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cochin, responded to this review, 29 March 2014

Namaskaram from Holiday Inn Kochi!

We thank you very much for taking out time to post your review on Tripadvisor for recent stay at Holiday Inn Kochi!

I am particularly appreciating your comments about room & bathroom experience, the WI FI facility in the room and breakfast experience with us. It is always hugely motivating to me and my team when a valuable customer like you takes time and acknowledges it.

We have noted your feedback about the welcome drink, Ac temperature and the sauna which was not working, and rest be assured that we have taken appropriate corrective measures to avoid such situations in future.

Once again thank you for your comments. We hope that we will be able to welcome you back to Holiday Inn Kochi in the near future to experience yourself our changes.

Raju Shrestha

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Our experience at the holiday inn was mixed. We arrived at 4pm, 2 hours after check in, to find our room was not ready which was very frustrating. The front of house staff were apologetic, but it would have been nice to have been offered a drink while we waiting, as we'd just arrived from a 4 1/2 hour journey.

Our room once we finally got in was large, clean, comfortable and well equipped. There was a good range of restaurants and facilities. Something strange though was that food to the room was actually cheaper than eating in the restaurant. We didn't want to eat in our room, but we did because I didn't see why we should pay a premium to eat elsewhere! The food was very good.

The sports bar had a happy hour on whilst we were there which meant drinks there were very affordable. Again however, even the staff admit that in 5 outlets service drinks, the prices are different at each one!

The room was good value, but I was frustrated that no free wifi was available, and a quote for a taxi to the airport was ridiculous - Rs1700. We just got a tuktuk in the end!

We booked an early breakfast in the cafe as we had to get to the airport. I know it was early, but the service was terrible. We were barely acknowledged and our order (mostly incorrect) was thrown at us at random. The food was ok though. Location was good for us as we only needed to somewhere to sleep before going to the airport, however it would be poor for tourist purposes.

Room Tip: We had an executive room which I feel was worth the extra money.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ginger_charlie
Raju2362, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cochin, responded to this review, 24 March 2014

Namaskaram from Holiday Inn Kochi!

We understand, we did not meet your expectation and fell below par. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

We have noted all the concerns that you had experienced during your stay specially the check in experience and meal service experience in the coffee shop, and rest be assured that we will take appropriate corrective action and necessary trainings to avoid such situations in future.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 13 March 2014

This hotel was more than what we expected. It all began by someone meeting us at the airport and we're courteous the whole time. The staff were so helpful and spoke very good English as well as other languages. I felt very safe due to the safety features. Guards were all around and there were security checks as you entered the hotel which was not an inconvenience. The rooms were comfortable and the beds were excellent. The best part of the hotel was the dining experience at Masala. Incredible wait staff and manager. The chefs came out and talked to the customers. The food was amazing. I feel very good about sending my mom there and know that she will be taken care of by the staff. The people really made this a good experience.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

Namaskaram from Holiday Inn Kochi!

I am particularly appreciating your comments about Team members, room, meal and overall stay experience with us. We are happy to share this wonderful review with our team and your encouraging review will help us constantly improve our service.

I look forward to welcoming you back to our establishment and once again thank you for the wonderful and kind words of praise.

Pontefract, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 March 2014

I only had one night at this hotel but found it very good. It is certainly a business hotel first and foremost but nvertheless caters for all guests very well. However the pool area could do with some TLC and particularly a few umbrellas around it. We had a refresshing dip after a long flight but could not sit out as there was no shade. I appreciate the problenm of the wind but surely this could be "got around" somehow?
Vehicular access is poor!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Raju2362, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cochin, responded to this review, 15 March 2014

Namaskaram from Holiday Inn Kochi!

I am particularly appreciative your comments about our service. It is always hugely motivating to me and my team when a valuable customer like you takes time and acknowledges it.

We have noted your feedback about the pool side Umbrella’s and please be rest assured that we have already taken the appropriate corrective measures to ensure to avoid such situations in future.

Look forward to welcoming you back to Holiday Inn Kochi on your next visit.

Chennai
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Loved the soft and hard pillow choices, attention to detail in designing the rooms for business use. I checked in on my birthday and me being an IHG member, the chef sent a complimentary and surprise dessert to my room!
The breakfast area was well lit and the spread was good. Had some problems with flies due to the door to open dining area not being shut properly and once I notified the manager, he took care of it immediately.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Raju2362, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cochin, responded to this review, 12 March 2014

Namaskaram from Holiday Inn Kochi!

I thank you very much for taking out time to post your review on Tripadvisor for recent stay at Holiday Inn Kochi as a valued IHG Rewards club member!

I am particularly appreciative your comments about overall stay, room experience and the Breakfast experience. It is always hugely motivating to me and my team when a valuable customer like you takes time and acknowledges it.

With best Regards
Annecy-le-Vieux, France
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Not located in central old Kochi, but much better to avoid traffic jams
Very professional front desk staff and Laundry manager.
EXCELLENT bedding ever, well above many other 5 star hotels in India.
Delicious food at either dinner or breakfast, compliments to chef Michael.
Very nice gym.. but honestly some efforts need to be made around the pool area that could be cleaner.

Room Tip: Best rooms are the large corner deluxe rooms, better than a suite.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Raju2362, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cochin, responded to this review, 14 March 2014

Namaskaram from Holiday Inn Kochi!

I thank you very much for comments about Team members, room , meal and overall stay experience with us. I will definitely communicate to Chef Michael, Laundry in-charge, and Front Desk Team and I am sure they would be pleased.

We have noted your feedback about the pool area cleanliness and please be rest assured that we will take all appropriate corrective measures to ensure to avoid such situations in future.

Winchester VA
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Generally, this is a class act. Very clean, slick and western. The room was modern and ergonomically pleasant. Very expensive wi-fi. I was very disappointed that the operator of the hotel could not help me when I needed to make a person-to-person call to the US. She was quite unpleasant and I incurred charges due to her persistent errors. Fortunately, the morning desk clerk was very friendly and eliminated the charges.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Raju2362, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cochin, responded to this review, 3 March 2014

Namaskaram from Holiday Inn Kochi!

We have noted your comments on WIFI and collect call issues you had to face during your stay and please accept my sincere apology for the same and will do the needful to correct the same in future.

We are pleased to inform you that all IHG Hotels Worldwide offers basic free WIFI to its all IHG Rewards Member and should you wish to become a member, you may please email me your following informations and we will process your membership which is free to my my official email address: raju.shrestha@ihg.com.
Full Name
Complete postal address
Email address
Contact no.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our establishment and once again thank you for the wonderful and kind words of praise.

Regards
Raju Shrestha General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ernakulam
Kochi Marriott Hotel
Crowne Plaza Kochi
#1 of 3 in Maradu
Vivanta by Taj - Malabar
Vivanta by Taj - Malabar
#7 of 210 in Kochi (Cochin)
Radisson Blu Kochi
Radisson Blu Kochi
#5 of 30 in Ernakulam
Palm Grove Service Villa
Palm Grove Service Villa
#4 of 30 in Ernakulam

Been to Holiday Inn Cochin? Share your experiences!