“A good stay”

Ranked #2 of 30 Hotels in Ernakulam
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“A good stay”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We stayed here for a night enroute Munnar during our holiday in Kerala.

The hotel was a good one hour drive from the airport mainly due to the rain and congestion on the way here.

The welcome was good and the check in was prompt.

The rooms were well spaced and well maintained.

The main POI's of Cochin, namely Fort Cochin and The Jewish Synagogue seemed to be a little far from the hotel but the drive was comfortable.

Considering we were celebrating our anniversary on the holiday, the hotel had arranged a fantastic cake which was sent to the room.

The breakfast options were a large spread but left us wanting a few more options like a dosa live station / more buffet options.

The bar at the pool was supposed to be open at 3:00 PM but on our return we were told to bring the beer from the cafe downstairs and the bar would not open that day due to the rain. This was one of the main reasons for the 4* star rating.

The front office was very attentive and helpful.

The check out was prompt and all in all a good stay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Raju2362, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cochin, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Dear Valued Guest

Namaskaram from Holiday Inn Kochi!

I thank you very much for taking out time to post your review on Tripadvisor for recent stay at Holiday Inn Kochi!

You have covered all aspects of your stay, and I am very glad to know that you are fully satisfied with the service and product offered by us. I am very happy to share this wonderful review with my team and your encouraging review will help us constantly improve our service.

Thank you again, for your feedback and support and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to Holiday Inn Kochi in the near future. Thank you!

Raju Shrestha

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Chandigarh, India
Reviewed 28 June 2014

We spend two wonderful nights in this property towards the end of our 10 days Kerala Trip. The room given to us was on the 13th (lucky for some) floor with amazing city view. It was a very spacious and comfortable room with very comfortable bed and very nice and modern bath room, very neat and clean. The room was open on two sides with large windows offering excellent city view.
It has some nice shops and a coffee shop on the ground floor.Food was great and enjoyable.
The service provided was good and very helpful and friendly staff.
Nice eating and shopping places nearby, the best and the largest mall in this region called LULU MALL was about 10-15 minutes drive from the hotel in a taxi or a Rs.100.00 ride in the auto rikshaw.
Both me and my wife enjoyed our stay here and would love to come back to this property again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest

Namaskaram from Holiday Inn Kochi!

You have covered all aspects of your stay, and I am particularly appreciative your comments about the service of our team members, Room experience and the Meal experience with us, it’s something our staff takes pride in. I am very happy to share this wonderful review with my team and your encouraging review will help us constantly improve our service.

Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I was a little sceptical initially considering the event I was planning for, one of the most important in my life and Holiday Inn Kochi wasn't a hotel I had been to earlier. But then, spoke to some friends, read some reviews here and decided to go ahead with the venue - a decision I will never regret.

Everything was just fantastic - menu options, food quality, service & integrity (had a small mess up in the bill that I did not notice but the staff did and corrected themselves) - just brilliant. Was indeed a day to remember. A special mention for Manish who coordinated the whole event. Thank you very much buddy for having pulled this off, appreciate everything you did.

Look forward to being there again - thanks.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Raju2362, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cochin, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Dear Mr. Nithin,

Namaskaram from Holiday Inn Kochi!

Thank you very much for taking a moment of your valuable time to write a review on Tripadvisor regarding your recent stay and banquet experience at Holiday Inn Kochi!

I thank you very much for your kind word for all my team members and especially for Manish who coordinated your entire event and I am very glad to know that you are fully satisfied with the service and product offered by us. I am very happy to share this wonderful review with my team and your encouraging words will help us constantly improve our service.

Thank you again for your feedback and support and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to Holiday Inn Kochi in the near future.

Loughborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 June 2014

This hotel made an excellent base for a recent 4 week business trip to Kochi. The rooms are excellent and the staff are extremely friendly and helpful. The pool and gym were both in great condition and a good size. All in all, I would recommend this hotel for business travellers in particular.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Raju2362, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cochin, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Dear valued Guest,

Namaskaram from Holiday Inn Kochi!

You have covered all aspects of your stay, and I am particularly appreciative your comments about the service of our team members, Room Experience and the pool &gym experience with us, it’s something our staff takes pride in. I am very happy to share this wonderful review with my team and your encouraging review will help us constantly improve our service.

Kochi (Cochin), India
Reviewed 2 June 2014

stayed there for 2 nights, the rooms are neat and clean , the staff's were cordial but the securities was too rough, i had to complain against their commanding language. Other wise everything went well

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank GALLIVANTER-VINOD
Raju2362, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cochin, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Dear Mr. Vineeth

Namaskaram from Holiday Inn Kochi!

I am very delighted to know that you appreciated our Room Experience and the service of our Team Members. And I appreciate your constructive feedback as this is our best resource for improving the guest services.

We have noted your feedback about the Security team members who failed to meet your expectation during your stay. Please be rest assured that we would take necessary corrective measures and trainings to avoid the same experience in future.

I thank you again for your feedback and support and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to Holiday Inn Kochi in the near future and I assure you of an enhanced stay experience on your future visit.

Wichita, Kansas
Reviewed 29 May 2014

This Holiday inn is nothing compared to the Holiday Inns I have stayed throughtout the U.S. The Holiday Inn in Cochin is very comfortable, clean, luxurious, it even has a Spa. Staff is friendly, and the breakfast buffet is one of the best ones we had in our travel in India. And the rooftop pool just adds more fun to this awesome hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Raju2362, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cochin, responded to this review, 31 May 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Namaskaram from Holiday Inn Kochi!

I am very delighted to know that you appreciated our Team Members, Breakfast Experience, Room Cleanliness and the overall stay experience with us, it’s something our staff takes pride in. I am very happy to share this wonderful review with my team and your encouraging review will help us constantly improve our service.

Sammamish, Washington
Reviewed 25 May 2014

This hotel is located close to the Leela Info Park which is where a lost of the business travelers to Cochin head for work. So if your work location is in this area, then this hotel is the perfect choice.

The rooms are quite spacious, the staff is very cordial and the food is good. The breakfast spread is very good and better than some of the older hotels in Cochin.

The tariffs of the hotel are quite competitive. Two areas of improvement of the hotel are:
1. Check out takes a long time
2. The WiFi at the hotel is spotty and results in frequent disconnects

Overall, this hotel is a good choice for a business traveler.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Raju2362, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cochin, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Namaskaram from Holiday Inn Kochi!

I am very delighted to know that you appreciated our team members, room experience and the meal experience with us. I am very happy to share this review with my team and your encouraging review will help us constantly improve our service.

We have noted your feedback about the delay in check out and the WI FI connectivity, all your points have been taken very positively. And please be rest assured that we have taken necessary corrective measures to avoid the same experience in future.

I thank you again for your feedback and support, we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to Holiday Inn Kochi in the near future and I assured you will experience the difference.

Raju Shrestha
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ernakulam
Kochi Marriott Hotel
Radisson Blu Kochi
#5 of 30 in Ernakulam
Vivanta by Taj - Malabar
Vivanta by Taj - Malabar
#7 of 208 in Kochi (Cochin)
Palm Grove Service Villa
Palm Grove Service Villa
#3 of 30 in Ernakulam

Been to Holiday Inn Cochin? Share your experiences!