“Best hotel in Kochi!”

Holiday Inn Cochin
Ranked #4 of 29 Hotels in Ernakulam
“Best hotel in Kochi!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

A great hotel. I stayed off an on for five months and they really went out of their way to make things comfortable. Unlike most hotels in north america where you are faceless. The front desk staff knew who I was and would have my check in paperwork ready when I arrived. On top of it breakfast here is awesome combining both western and Indian dishes. The chefs would also be able to accommodate most any request.
If you are ever in Kochi I highly recommend staying here.
My only negative here is that check out always took longer than it should have. Unlike the north american efficiency of express check out here you had to go pay your bill and review it at the check out counter.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Hussein A
Raju2362, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cochin, responded to this review, 14 July 2014

Namaskaram from Holiday Inn Kochi!

I thank you very much for taking out time to post your review on Tripadvisor for recent stay at Holiday Inn Kochi!

I thank you very much for your kind word for all my team members, and I am very glad to know that you are satisfied with the service and product offered by us. I am very happy to share this wonderful review with my team and your encouraging words will help us constantly improve our service.

Please accept my sincere apology for falling shot of your expectations on some aspects of your stay. We have noted your feedback about the check out experience, and please be rest assure that we have taken necessary corrective measures to avoid the same experience in future.

I thank you again for your feedback and support and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to Holiday Inn Kochi in the near future and I assure you of an enhanced stay experience on your future visit.

Sincerely
Raju Shrestha

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

Used this hotel for a night stay on one of my business trips. Fantastic services and the dinner spread was also great. Room was spic and span. The facilities like gym and pool were also well maintained.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Raju2362, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cochin, responded to this review, 12 July 2014

Namaskaram from Holiday Inn Kochi!

Thank you again, for your feedback and support and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to Holiday Inn Kochi in the near future. Thank you!

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

I've been a frequent visitor to this hotel as my friends and I visit the restaurant, have dinner, drinks and play pool. The one time I've stayed here, I really enjoyed my stay, thanks to the very comfortable and clean beds and rooms. The service here is great and the buffet at both lunch and dinner is truly delicious and reasonably priced! Great food! It's not too far from the city centre and the airport is about 45 minutes away from the hotel. It's a great place to stay when you're in cochin and it's not too expensive either. I love this hotel!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Raju2362, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cochin, responded to this review, 11 July 2014

Namaskaram from Holiday Inn Kochi!

Thank you very much for taking out time to post your review on Tripadvisor for recent stay at Holiday Inn Kochi!

I am particularly appreciating your comments about the room experience and meal experience with us. And I am very glad to know that you are fully satisfied with the service and product offered by us.

Doha
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

Recently spent 3 nights at this Hotel in India. As my days of seeking adventure are well behind me I just wanted to get in and complete my business without becoming ill. The hotel is an oasis and I highly recommend that you stay there. Service is good, if not a little too much at times, but the staff is attentive and very helpful. I took a single room with a king size bed and it was fine. Good bathroom with good water pressure and hot water (note room has large shower but no bathtub), comfortable bed, desk, sat TV, free wifi and was very quiet (room 607). The hotel is in a compound with security gate (that they use) and guards based around the perimeter. There is a pub with a decent selection and a pretty good Italian place within the hotel. The gym is superior to most hotels and has a nice outdoor pool overlooking the city. Water temp was nice and the pool water was clean. I had my breakfast (buffet) in the restaurant located on the ground floor near the coffee shop. It was decent and although it is definitely leaning towards local tastes you can get a decent western style breakfast with made to order omelette station etc. The Hotel is located off the main highway that runs east - west through the city. Airport is about 45 minutes during quiet time but plan for at least 90 minutes during rush hour as they are constructing a new elevated train system which causes some pinch points. All in all was pretty happy with stay, had a small issue with getting shoes shined, but it really was just a minor hick up. If you have to be in Kochi (Cochin) I highly recommend this hotel. Unless you are looking for some adventure of course. Please note the reason for the low rating for spa is that they do not have one. They do have steam room and sauna available at the gym.

Room Tip: Get a room beside the Fire Escape door for peace of mind
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Pat T
Raju2362, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cochin, responded to this review, 10 July 2014

Namaskaram from Holiday Inn Kochi!

You have covered all aspects of your stay, and I am particularly appreciating your comments about the service of our team members, room & meal experience and the overall stay experience with us. I am very glad to know that you are fully satisfied with the service and product offered by us.

Bangalore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

We stayed at Holiday Inn in June 2014 for 4 days.The rooms were awesome. Service was also impeccable.Have stayed at the other IHG hotels like Intercontinental Kuala Lumpur and IC Mauritius.The service was in fact better than those .

Rooms were luxurious, the Italian restaurant, Roma, was really good.The Indian restaurant was good as well.

Overall, an awesome stay.!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Raju2362, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cochin, responded to this review, 8 July 2014

Namaskaram from Holiday Inn Kochi!

I thank you very much for your kind words especially about our service, and I am very glad to know that you are fully satisfied with the service and product offered by us.

Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

Best business hotel in cochin ive seen. Great lobby...where you can enjoy your favourite book or have a informal meeting with peers.
Excellent gym, pool and decent rooms with one of the best bed/pillows ever seen ...
USP of this hotel i would say is the great buffet spread and live band

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Raju2362, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cochin, responded to this review, 29 July 2014

Namaskaram from Holiday Inn Kochi!

I am particularly appreciating your comments about the room experience, meal experience with us. And I am very glad to know that you are fully satisfied with the service and product offered by us.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

We stayed here for a night enroute Munnar during our holiday in Kerala.

The hotel was a good one hour drive from the airport mainly due to the rain and congestion on the way here.

The welcome was good and the check in was prompt.

The rooms were well spaced and well maintained.

The main POI's of Cochin, namely Fort Cochin and The Jewish Synagogue seemed to be a little far from the hotel but the drive was comfortable.

Considering we were celebrating our anniversary on the holiday, the hotel had arranged a fantastic cake which was sent to the room.

The breakfast options were a large spread but left us wanting a few more options like a dosa live station / more buffet options.

The bar at the pool was supposed to be open at 3:00 PM but on our return we were told to bring the beer from the cafe downstairs and the bar would not open that day due to the rain. This was one of the main reasons for the 4* star rating.

The front office was very attentive and helpful.

The check out was prompt and all in all a good stay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Raju2362, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cochin, responded to this review, 4 July 2014

Namaskaram from Holiday Inn Kochi!

You have covered all aspects of your stay, and I am very glad to know that you are fully satisfied with the service and product offered by us. I am very happy to share this wonderful review with my team and your encouraging review will help us constantly improve our service.

Raju Shrestha
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ernakulam
Kochi Marriott Hotel
Crowne Plaza Kochi
#1 of 3 in Maradu
Vivanta by Taj - Malabar
Vivanta by Taj - Malabar
#6 of 201 in Kochi (Cochin)
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,912 reviews
Palm Grove Service Villa
Palm Grove Service Villa
#2 of 29 in Ernakulam

Been to Holiday Inn Cochin? Share your experiences!