“Excellent service but expected a bit more from the room.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Holiday Inn Cochin

Holiday Inn Cochin
Ranked #3 of 29 Hotels in Ernakulam
Toronto, Canada
“Excellent service but expected a bit more from the room.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2014

Overall had a good experience at the hotel. The professionalism exhibited by the employees was above all my expectations and for that very reason I will be returning to this hotel in the future when required. The room, although very neat and adequate, could use an update to reflect a modern deco in line with the status the hotel reflects. The TV channel selections were disappointing and some were not even clear. Same goes for the bathrooms. Very neat but could use an update in the deco. The staff, their politeness and willingness to serve, was the best I have experienced in any hotel I have been to in recent years. I can’t give names here, but there are quite a few I would like to thank, especially the guys in the restaurant. Overall, good job guys !!!!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank JEJoe
Raju2362, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cochin, responded to this review, 2 September 2014

Namaskaram from Holiday Inn Kochi!

Thank you for taking the time out to share your feedback regarding your recent stay with us.

I thank you very much for your kind words and I am very glad to know that you enjoyed the overall stay experience with us.

We have noted your feedback regarding the selection of TV channels and have taken this as an opportunity for improvement. Please be informed that we are already in dialogue with some of DTH providers and you would definitely notice improvements on TV Channels and quality in near future.

Thank you again, for your feedback and support and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to Holiday Inn Kochi in the near future. Thank you!

Raju Shrestha

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Dubai
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014

I stayed for 2 nights on a business trip and enjoyed my stay. The rooms and staff were all above expectations. A bit crowded with several guests though. The service of check-out wasn't satisfactory as there were over 10 guests with only 2 staff behind the counters.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Raju2362, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cochin, responded to this review, 17 August 2014

Namaskaram from Holiday Inn Kochi!

We have noted your feedback about the check out experience and have taken this as an opportunity for improvement. Please be rest assured that we would take necessary corrective measures to avoid the same experience in future.

kerala
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

We stayed holiday inn kochi . staff is helpful . Room we stay very clean and comfortable . good buffet . the view of this hotel is very nice . i will definitely come again and recommended to this lovely hotel.

Room Tip: second floor
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Satheesh A

Namaskaram from Holiday Inn Kochi!

I am very happy to share this wonderful review with my team. Your encouraging words will help us constantly improve our service.

Calcutta, West Bengal, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

Stayed this hotel for a night stay about 45 minutes from the Cochin airport . Very helpful & courteous staff made my stay memorable.Clean , tidy & spacious rooms with nice & clean bathroon. Facilities like gym , sauna , pool etc. were also well maintained. The dinner spread was also great. Looking forward to come back here again.

Room Tip: Higher floors have lower noise & better view of the skyline.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Raju2362, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cochin, responded to this review, 29 July 2014

Namaskaram from Holiday Inn Kochi!

Thank you very much for taking out time to post your review on Tripadvisor for recent stay at Holiday Inn Kochi!

I am particularly appreciating your comments about the room experience and meal experience with us. And I am very glad to know that you are fully satisfied with the service and product offered by us.

We are pleased to inform you that we will be having our Weekend food promotions in the month of August, serving Mexican and Mediterranean delicacies.

Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

This was my second stay and, again, it was terrific. The staff members are incredibly helpful. The rooms and public spaces are immaculate. The breakfast buffet and other amenities are great. And to top it off, the price makes it a great value!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Namaskaram from Holiday Inn Kochi!

I thank you very much for taking out time to post your review on Tripadvisor for recent stay at Holiday Inn Kochi!

You have covered all aspects of your stay, and I am very glad to know that you are fully satisfied with the service and product offered by us.

I am very happy to share this wonderful review with my team and your encouraging review will help us constantly improve our service.

United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

Had stayed at the HI kochi for a night. The hotel is quite poorly maintained and looks tired and worn out for a 3 year old five star hotel. Stayed in 1103 which is a smoking floor and while it is acceptable to anticipate a certain amount of smoke smell what we got was a stinky and smelly room which was bad for even me a smoker. The headboard was completely worn out and the over all state of the hotel was quite poor. The staff were robotic and kept on saying namaste at every possible turn and it gets annoying after a while as apart from the namaste , they seemed quite out of sync. Polite but lost . The prices at the outlets seemed quite steep and you are better of checking out local restaurants like takkara or the grand hotel for f&b experience. Over all I won't go back to the holiday inn kochi and possibly check out crown plaza next time around as the room rates are more or less the same and the place seems to be definitely better managed

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Raju2362, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cochin, responded to this review, 18 July 2014

Namaskaram from Holiday Inn Kochi!

I thank you very much for your kind word for all my team members, and I am very glad to know that you are satisfied with the service and product offered by us. I am very happy to share this wonderful review with my team and your encouraging words will help us constantly improve our service.

Please accept my sincere apology for falling shot of your expectations on some aspects of your stay. We have noted your feedback about the condition of the room and the odour in the floor, and please be rest assure that we have taken necessary corrective measures to avoid the same experience in future.

I thank you again for your feedback and support and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to Holiday Inn Kochi in the near future and I assure you of an enhanced stay experience on your future visit.

Sincerely
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

A great hotel. I stayed off an on for five months and they really went out of their way to make things comfortable. Unlike most hotels in north america where you are faceless. The front desk staff knew who I was and would have my check in paperwork ready when I arrived. On top of it breakfast here is awesome combining both western and Indian dishes. The chefs would also be able to accommodate most any request.
If you are ever in Kochi I highly recommend staying here.
My only negative here is that check out always took longer than it should have. Unlike the north american efficiency of express check out here you had to go pay your bill and review it at the check out counter.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Hussein A
Raju2362, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cochin, responded to this review, 14 July 2014

Namaskaram from Holiday Inn Kochi!

Please accept my sincere apology for falling shot of your expectations on some aspects of your stay. We have noted your feedback about the check out experience, and please be rest assure that we have taken necessary corrective measures to avoid the same experience in future.

Sincerely
Raju Shrestha
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ernakulam
Kochi Marriott Hotel
Crowne Plaza Kochi
#1 of 3 in Maradu
Vivanta by Taj - Malabar
Vivanta by Taj - Malabar
#6 of 201 in Kochi (Cochin)
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,912 reviews
Palm Grove Service Villa
Palm Grove Service Villa
#2 of 29 in Ernakulam

Been to Holiday Inn Cochin? Share your experiences!