“wonderful place ,very caring host and friendly staff”

Palm Grove Service Villa
Ranked #5 of 33 Hotels in Ernakulam
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Our family from Shimla, booked 2 A/C double bed rooms for in Palm grove service villa ,Edappally from 12 to 15 jan 2014 recently, It was browsed so many times by me in trip adviser so the map was in my mind but as we entered the first view of palm grove won our heart , it was very difficult to believe that in heart of crowded city there is heritage property which is well kept by Mr. Francis the owner of this property. Rooms were spacious,clean and toilets were spotless, A/C was working properly and hot water 24 hours in bath rooms . I jumped with joy as I saw perfect Badminton court which was well maintained just out side our rooms , Straight way I and my brother -in-law entered in badminton court with rackets before doing any thing else.We every time felt our self in the lap of nature, with lot of greenery, all kind of trees, swings for children and in early morning sweet chirping of birds made our stay more heavenly.We met Mr. Francis next morning , a very friendly person welcomed us very warmly and guided us for our tour for cochin city and Alleppy .We found every time staff busy in cleaning the entire surroundings. , It is highly recommended by me for everyone specially visit with children or couples who want peace and young who want lot of charm in Lullu mall which is best in India and it is only 5 minutes walk from Palm grove Villa . Lot of thanks to tripadvisor and Best wishes to Mr. Francis keep it up we cannot forget the memorable stay with in minimum tariff and lot of hospitality from Palm Grove service Villa. Thanks-----CHIRANJIV KASHYAP ----SHIMLA

Room Tip: Rooms facing Badminton court are very good ,
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
PalmGroveKerala, Owner at Palm Grove Service Villa, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your lovely review and for sparing time to share your experience with Trip Advisor.It is really nice to know that you had a memorable stay at Palm Grove. We are also very happy to know that you felt yourself in the lap of nature. I really appreciate your compliments and the same has been shared with all the staff members.We are really honoured to have you stay with us and sincerely look forward to welcome you back in our villa for another memorable holiday.

Reviewed 27 January 2014

Nice experience, the staff is really nice and its nice oasis in hectic city. We stayed for 3 nights and were pleased with our stay, early check in was possible and communication with the staff was easy as well.

Recommended indeed.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends

Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing Palm Grove for your stay in Kochi and for taking time to post your valuable review on Trip Advisor.We are really happy to know that you had a nice experience and a pleasant stay at our villa.Thanks for you encouraging feedback and compliments.We certainly look forward to your return in future.

Reviewed 25 January 2014

I found this hotel by browsing in Trip Advisor, and decided to try as me and my husband always travels based on our shoestring budget. For us, we dont need air conditioned room, because both of us are easy to get cold and caugh. So, paying an air conditioned room which we dont use the AC is aleays bothers for us even in some places it is unavoidable.

So, a room with fan, and attached bathroom is always enough for us.

We also love silence and nature. I dont like being in a crowded and always love the green surroundings. Somehow, it is relaxing. And gotcha! We found it all in Palm Grove Service Villa.

I emailed the manager, Mr. Francis and got the information on the room rate. I promised I will visit the property to pay by cash on my "next 10 days staying" due to I have no credit card to pay by those method. I made the payment 10 days earlier, then flew to my country.

We arrived back in this hotel from my midnight flight from Malaysia and our check in was smooth, even it was midnight. We got our room, clean, and just like what we need. Bathroom is spotless, tv channels are enough, even serve better channel than our hotel room in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. The fan is enough for us. Bed is ok, even not queen size bed, we admit that we had the deepest sleep in this room. In morning, i heard chickens, birds singing, and I did swing under the tree. What a pleasant feeling! They also have badminton area and me and my husband did have a game there.

This hotel is near to Lulu mall where all u want to buy is there. U can either walk or use auto rickshaw for 25 rupees. If it is even too far, there are so many nice restaurants which serves nice Kerala food. Try the Sapphire hotel nearby for my suggestion.

If u travel by bus to Cochi, then u arrive in Ernakulam bus station. To reach this hotel, just take a city bus for 10 rupees and stop by Edappaly Church bus stop (if i am not mistaken the name), anyway, GPS will always show u the way ;-). From this bus stop, just accross the street into a pocket road, called as market road, and u can see the green board, Palm Grove Service Villa!

Trust, is what matters the most! My husband left his wrist watch, which is our couple watch, in the room. And while we were waiting for our bus to go to Ernakulam bus station, one of the staff called my mobile and said that I left a wrist watch in bathroom! Amazing! That watch we bought together in Malaysia, as couple watch, so it is priceless to us! It is not about the price of the watch, but the memory we had. I sincerely thankful to the staff, and will recommend this property to anyone who plans to visit Cochi. I still can not believe they are willing to call my mobile and said about the watch. God bless this property, the manager and the staff!

I will definitely stay here again in my next trip to Cochi and strongly recommend this to all of u, who plans to travel there. Again, some things are priceless in this world, trust is one of them. And Palm Grove Service Villa surely wins my trust!

Room Tip: If u bother about heat, choose the air conditioned room...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your lovely review and for sparing time to share your experience with Trip Advisor.We are really happy to know that you had a pleasant experience at Palm Grove, especially the serene atmosphere. I really appreciate your compliments about our staff's honesty and the same has been shared with all the staff members.We are really honoured to have you stay with us and sincerely look forward to welcome you back in our villa for another memorable holiday.

Reviewed 5 January 2014

Extremely good place if you plan to visit cochin & erunakulam town. Very near to bus stop. Lulu mall is at a walkable distance. Very good staff. Food is not provided. But there are restaurants nearby. Owner Francis was so graceful, special mention about the support staff. It was a good experience.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Anwin V
PalmGroveKerala, Owner at Palm Grove Service Villa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2014

Dear guest,

Greetings from Palm Grove service villa. Thank you for taking time to share your experience with Trip Advisor. We are delighted to know that you had a pleasant stay at our villa.Thanks for your encouraging feedback.We appreciate the positive comments about our team.Looking forward to your continued patronage and assuring you of the very best service and attention at all times.

Reviewed 1 January 2014

Splendid place to stay.It was beyond our expectations.Such a huge property,full of nature and a badminton court. Lots of swings,birds,trees etc.etc.And the owner and staff-no words to describe their hospitality.Concerned about each comfort for the guest.

Room Tip: New Block is superb,though old one has its own charm.
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
PalmGroveKerala, Owner at Palm Grove Service Villa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your lovely review and for sparing time to share your experience with Trip Advisor.We are very happy to know that you had a comfortable stay at our villa. Thanks for your encouraging feedback . I really appreciate your compliments and the same has been shared with all the staff members.We are really honoured to have you stay with us and look forward to welcome you back in our villa in future.

Reviewed 30 December 2013

Hi,
We have finished our Kerala trip & are back to Pune.
On the first day that in on 13th Dec. we stayed at Palm Grove Service Villa Kochi ( booked 2 rooms).
It was a fantastic experience. The staff was courteous, the surrounding was fantastic with many trees & birds.
The Villa has lot of empty space, veranda & is different from the concrete jungle.
I wish to thank Mr. Francis & all the staff & shall recommend this hotel to my friends & relatives for their stay at Cochin (Kochi). I shall also update in TripAdvisor site tonight. --- Sanjay C.

Room Tip: Villa with good place surrounding with trees, love birds (in the cage however) & good service.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
PalmGroveKerala, Owner at Palm Grove Service Villa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 January 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing Palm Grove for your stay in Kochi and for taking time to post your valuable review on Trip Advisor.We are really happy to know that you had a great experience at our villa.Thanks for you encouraging feedback and compliments.We certainly look forward to your return in future.

Reviewed 28 December 2013

when my sister suggested of this place...i did not expect this much..... really ran above my expectations of a place ..which was in the heart of the city...not too much to travel...the serene atmosphere was brilliant. the rooms, toilets ...were so clean....and I needed only this . We were two families 4 members each...Thanks to all connected to it....

1  Thank hariswaralaya
PalmGroveKerala, Owner at Palm Grove Service Villa, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your lovely review and for sparing time to share your experience with Trip Advisor.It is really nice to know that you had a great experience at Palm Grove, especially the serene atmosphere. I really appreciate your compliments and the same has been shared with all the staff members.We are really honored to have you stay with us and sincerely look forward to welcome you back in our villa for another memorable holiday.

Francis

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ernakulam
Namasthe Fort Kochi
Namasthe Fort Kochi
#15 of 223 in Kochi (Cochin)
4 mi away
#2 of 10 in Vypin Island
Kochi Marriott Hotel
Kochi Marriott Hotel
#1 of 33 in Ernakulam

Been to Palm Grove Service Villa? Share your experiences!