“Palm Grove : a comfortable homestay in the heart of the city”

Palm Grove Service Villa
Ranked #2 of 29 Hotels in Ernakulam
Dehradun, India
“Palm Grove : a comfortable homestay in the heart of the city”
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Palm Grove is a beautiful property right in the heart of Ernakulam...it offers comfortable stay at reasonable rates and easy access to every corner the city.....we used buses and ferry to visit Fort Kochi and Alleppy.....it was a comfortable mode of travel.....Mr. Francis(the owner) is very helpful and hospitable....the homestay has its own spice garden....it does not have a kitchen but there are quite a few eating joints around the place....dinner can be ordered from the restaurants nearby and we can get it delivered at our room....

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Rakhee_1009
PalmGroveKerala, Owner at Palm Grove Service Villa, responded to this review, 4 February 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your lovely review and for taking time to share your experience with Trip Advisor.I am glad to know that you had a comfortable stay at Palm Grove. Please do come back to stay with us the next time you are in Kochi.

Warm Regards,
Francis

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Reviewed 30 January 2014 via mobile

Pros -
1. superb ambience, greenary all around, of all the places we visited in ekm, my child enjoyed this place very much, he loved rabbits, lovebirds, African lovebirds, fish n especially badminton court.
2. Neat room n bathroom. A king sized bed, a wardrobe, a/c, tv, dressing table, 2 blankets, 2 towels, 1 mineral water, water heater.
3. Very friendly staff
4. Mousquito net was there on door n windows
5. Room service was available(we didn't use it)
6. Shortcut road to lulu mall n oberon mall.
7. Good restaurants in walkable distance
8. Multispeciality hospital in walkable distance
Cons
1. No restaurant available inside
2. There is a school next door,but if u like children, its not a problem.
3. A bit far away from M.G. road

Improvement needed - wastebasket was a bucket with a lid, I wouldn't want to touch a waste basket with my hands.
We found 1or2 hairs in bathroom towel n waste basket was not cleaned, but I believe that was one of incident.

Will definitely come back next time n will advice to all our friends n families. Its a real value for money.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for taking time to post your valuable review on Trip Advisor.First of all I sincerely apologise for the service lapses.This is the first time that a guest has a complaint about the cleanliness of the bath towel and wastebasket. It is a very serious lapse on our part. Your feedback has been shared with all members of our staff .This has really helped us to be more cautious and take corrective measures.We are happy to know that you liked the ambience at Palm Grove and that your child enjoyed our villa very much.We look forward to your continued visits and take this opportunity to assure you of our best attention and service at all times.Thank you once again for choosing Palm Grove for your stay in Cochin.

Warm regards ,
Shimla, India
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Our family from Shimla, booked 2 A/C double bed rooms for in Palm grove service villa ,Edappally from 12 to 15 jan 2014 recently, It was browsed so many times by me in trip adviser so the map was in my mind but as we entered the first view of palm grove won our heart , it was very difficult to believe that in heart of crowded city there is heritage property which is well kept by Mr. Francis the owner of this property. Rooms were spacious,clean and toilets were spotless, A/C was working properly and hot water 24 hours in bath rooms . I jumped with joy as I saw perfect Badminton court which was well maintained just out side our rooms , Straight way I and my brother -in-law entered in badminton court with rackets before doing any thing else.We every time felt our self in the lap of nature, with lot of greenery, all kind of trees, swings for children and in early morning sweet chirping of birds made our stay more heavenly.We met Mr. Francis next morning , a very friendly person welcomed us very warmly and guided us for our tour for cochin city and Alleppy .We found every time staff busy in cleaning the entire surroundings. , It is highly recommended by me for everyone specially visit with children or couples who want peace and young who want lot of charm in Lullu mall which is best in India and it is only 5 minutes walk from Palm grove Villa . Lot of thanks to tripadvisor and Best wishes to Mr. Francis keep it up we cannot forget the memorable stay with in minimum tariff and lot of hospitality from Palm Grove service Villa. Thanks-----CHIRANJIV KASHYAP ----SHIMLA

Room Tip: Rooms facing Badminton court are very good ,
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

PalmGroveKerala, Owner at Palm Grove Service Villa, responded to this review, 28 January 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your lovely review and for sparing time to share your experience with Trip Advisor.It is really nice to know that you had a memorable stay at Palm Grove. We are also very happy to know that you felt yourself in the lap of nature. I really appreciate your compliments and the same has been shared with all the staff members.We are really honoured to have you stay with us and sincerely look forward to welcome you back in our villa for another memorable holiday.

Finland
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Nice experience, the staff is really nice and its nice oasis in hectic city. We stayed for 3 nights and were pleased with our stay, early check in was possible and communication with the staff was easy as well.

Recommended indeed.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends

Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing Palm Grove for your stay in Kochi and for taking time to post your valuable review on Trip Advisor.We are really happy to know that you had a nice experience and a pleasant stay at our villa.Thanks for you encouraging feedback and compliments.We certainly look forward to your return in future.

India
Reviewed 25 January 2014

I found this hotel by browsing in Trip Advisor, and decided to try as me and my husband always travels based on our shoestring budget. For us, we dont need air conditioned room, because both of us are easy to get cold and caugh. So, paying an air conditioned room which we dont use the AC is aleays bothers for us even in some places it is unavoidable.

So, a room with fan, and attached bathroom is always enough for us.

We also love silence and nature. I dont like being in a crowded and always love the green surroundings. Somehow, it is relaxing. And gotcha! We found it all in Palm Grove Service Villa.

I emailed the manager, Mr. Francis and got the information on the room rate. I promised I will visit the property to pay by cash on my "next 10 days staying" due to I have no credit card to pay by those method. I made the payment 10 days earlier, then flew to my country.

We arrived back in this hotel from my midnight flight from Malaysia and our check in was smooth, even it was midnight. We got our room, clean, and just like what we need. Bathroom is spotless, tv channels are enough, even serve better channel than our hotel room in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. The fan is enough for us. Bed is ok, even not queen size bed, we admit that we had the deepest sleep in this room. In morning, i heard chickens, birds singing, and I did swing under the tree. What a pleasant feeling! They also have badminton area and me and my husband did have a game there.

This hotel is near to Lulu mall where all u want to buy is there. U can either walk or use auto rickshaw for 25 rupees. If it is even too far, there are so many nice restaurants which serves nice Kerala food. Try the Sapphire hotel nearby for my suggestion.

If u travel by bus to Cochi, then u arrive in Ernakulam bus station. To reach this hotel, just take a city bus for 10 rupees and stop by Edappaly Church bus stop (if i am not mistaken the name), anyway, GPS will always show u the way ;-). From this bus stop, just accross the street into a pocket road, called as market road, and u can see the green board, Palm Grove Service Villa!

Trust, is what matters the most! My husband left his wrist watch, which is our couple watch, in the room. And while we were waiting for our bus to go to Ernakulam bus station, one of the staff called my mobile and said that I left a wrist watch in bathroom! Amazing! That watch we bought together in Malaysia, as couple watch, so it is priceless to us! It is not about the price of the watch, but the memory we had. I sincerely thankful to the staff, and will recommend this property to anyone who plans to visit Cochi. I still can not believe they are willing to call my mobile and said about the watch. God bless this property, the manager and the staff!

I will definitely stay here again in my next trip to Cochi and strongly recommend this to all of u, who plans to travel there. Again, some things are priceless in this world, trust is one of them. And Palm Grove Service Villa surely wins my trust!

Room Tip: If u bother about heat, choose the air conditioned room...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your lovely review and for sparing time to share your experience with Trip Advisor.We are really happy to know that you had a pleasant experience at Palm Grove, especially the serene atmosphere. I really appreciate your compliments about our staff's honesty and the same has been shared with all the staff members.We are really honoured to have you stay with us and sincerely look forward to welcome you back in our villa for another memorable holiday.

Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Extremely good place if you plan to visit cochin & erunakulam town. Very near to bus stop. Lulu mall is at a walkable distance. Very good staff. Food is not provided. But there are restaurants nearby. Owner Francis was so graceful, special mention about the support staff. It was a good experience.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple

2 Thank Anwin V
PalmGroveKerala, Owner at Palm Grove Service Villa, responded to this review, 5 January 2014
Dear guest,

Greetings from Palm Grove service villa. Thank you for taking time to share your experience with Trip Advisor. We are delighted to know that you had a pleasant stay at our villa.Thanks for your encouraging feedback.We appreciate the positive comments about our team.Looking forward to your continued patronage and assuring you of the very best service and attention at all times.

Lucknow, India
Reviewed 1 January 2014

Splendid place to stay.It was beyond our expectations.Such a huge property,full of nature and a badminton court. Lots of swings,birds,trees etc.etc.And the owner and staff-no words to describe their hospitality.Concerned about each comfort for the guest.

Room Tip: New Block is superb,though old one has its own charm.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

PalmGroveKerala, Owner at Palm Grove Service Villa, responded to this review, 4 January 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your lovely review and for sparing time to share your experience with Trip Advisor.We are very happy to know that you had a comfortable stay at our villa. Thanks for your encouraging feedback . I really appreciate your compliments and the same has been shared with all the staff members.We are really honoured to have you stay with us and look forward to welcome you back in our villa in future.

Francis
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ernakulam
The Gateway Hotel Marine Drive Ernakulam
Tea Bungalow
Tea Bungalow
#62 of 205 in Kochi (Cochin)
Sajhome
Sajhome
#4 of 205 in Kochi (Cochin)
Kochi Marriott Hotel
Kochi Marriott Hotel
#1 of 29 in Ernakulam
Aiswarya Hotel
Aiswarya Hotel
#10 of 29 in Ernakulam
Namasthe Fort Kochi
Namasthe Fort Kochi
#16 of 205 in Kochi (Cochin)

Been to Palm Grove Service Villa? Share your experiences!