“Decent and quiet place to stay”

Palm Grove Service Villa
Ranked #4 of 30 Hotels in Ernakulam
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Me and my wife stayed here for 2 days. Rooms are shiny and new and definitely very clean. Very close to the Edapally Toll (we got down from our Bus and walked to this place). Points to keep in mind:
1. They don't accept Credit/Debit Cards (there is no display and I had to run to an ATM at the last moment).
2. They don't have any eatery in the premises but plenty of options at a stone's throw. You can get Tea/Coffee ordered to your room.
3. Although the place is around 10Kms from Marine Drive and Broadway, there is pretty good connectivity in terms Buses and Auto-rickshaws. We didn't face any problems.
4. If you want non-ac rooms, you have to tell the management multiple times. Initially they said there were no non-ac rooms available. Otherwise management is nice and helpful.

They have a nice Badminton Court. Though they have a so called Garden, but there's no Grass (only Gravel). Also seeing so many birds in cages made me sad... If the management is reading this, please free the birds..
Management discourages open consumption(in the garden or courtyard) of alcohol, so it's a good, no-nonsense place.
Overall the place will give you a pleasant, quite stay.

Room Tip: Both AC & Non-AC rooms are available. You may have to them multiple times if you want a non-ac r...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
PalmGroveKerala, Owner at Palm Grove Service Villa, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2014

Dear guest,

Greetings from Palm Grove service villa. Thank you very much for choosing our villa for your stay in Kochi and for your valuable review on Trip Advisor. I am really happy to know that you had a pleasant and quiet stay at Palm Grove. Regarding the issue of Non A/C room , none of the Non A/C rooms might have been vacant at the time of your checking in . If it was available at that time then we would have happily allotted it to you. Anyway sorry for the inconvenience. Looking forward to welcome you back in our villa in future.

There are newer reviews for Palm Grove Service Villa

Reviewed 2 March 2014

I only stayed for one night which was a pleasant experience. The room and outside areas were spotlessly clean. The garden and surrounds a shady haven to sit. The staff all super friendly and helpful. There is a small restaurant adjacent the property which I believe provided room service if required. The big Lulu shopping mall is not far away. I will stay here again when visiting Cochin

Room Tip: There are Budgies and a Cockerel housed in the garden that are noisy in the morning. If thats an iss...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your lovely review and for sparing time to share your experience with Trip Advisor.It is really nice to know that you had a pleasant experience at Palm Grove. I really appreciate your compliments about our staff and the same has been shared with all the staff members.We are really honoured to have you stay with us and please do come back to stay with us the next time you are in Kochi.

Reviewed 20 February 2014

We booked Palm grove only for a 1 night stay as we were arriving late by train and the Railway station is quite close. We loved the place so much that extended it for a 5 night stay and could have easily stayed longer if we didn't have to keep moving on to see more of Kerala.
The rooms are basic but very clean and I also realised the place grows on you. The first night I was a bit sceptical as no toilet paper was there and the bed sheet was a bit satiny and I like clean cotton sheets. As soon as I mentioned it the next morning , I got the toilet roll and my choice of bed sheet so it was my fault not mentioning it earlier. The room freshener was great as it kept the room smelling fresh .
We also found the hot water a bit of a hit and miss but it didn't bother me as i feel a bit hot and the cold showers helped me keep cool for longer. I am sure the manager would have sorted it out had I mentioned. I did realise that you need to ask and mention things for them to help you out.
Everyone is more than willing to help and assist. Excellent customer service I have experienced in India so far and I have been disappointed in some 5 star places ( check my reviews about the Raviz ,Kadavu resort in Kozhikode ) so I do like to be fair and give credit where it is deserved.
Great air conditioning, functional Wi-Fi ( needed a bit of assistance from the very positive manager occasionally to log on ) , clean rooms and bathroom and excellent customer service at a very budget price.... What else can one ask for ......
They organised a Kochi sightseeing day trip by taxi at very competitive rates and Lulu Mall was a close by attraction. It is a bit far from the touristy part of Kochi but I was glad because this was my oasis in the busy bustling Kochi where I always had birds chirping and green trees swaying around and felt safe and very well looked after. Hope they maintain and keep improving and we can visit again sometime .

Room Tip: Deluxe rooms next to reception . Had a small sitting room and a bedroom.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your lovely review and for taking time to share your experience with Trip Advisor.I am glad to know that you had a comfortable stay at Palm Grove and that you loved the place so much that you extended your stay for 5 nights. Thanks for your encouraging feedback . I really appreciate your compliments about our team and the same has been shared with all the staff members.We are really honoured to have you stay with us and sincerely look forward to welcome you back in our villa for another memorable holiday.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

My friends and I spent two nights here. The rooms are pretty spare, but clean and comfortable. The staff are very helpful and friendly and the price is very reasonable. The only downside is the neighbourhood is pretty far away from the major Kochi attractions.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
PalmGroveKerala, Owner at Palm Grove Service Villa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for sparing time to post your valuable review on Trip Advisor. We are very happy to know that you had a comfortable stay at our villa. Thanks for your encouraging feedback . I really appreciate your compliments about our team and the same has been shared with all the staff members. Thank you once again for choosing Palm Grove for your stay in Cochin.

Reviewed 11 February 2014

Feel like staying in a farm house even in the middle of Edappally town. After entering the gate of palm grove, only we heard the noise of birds. Really relaxing atmosphere..Enjoyed staying there....Thanks...

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
PalmGroveKerala, Owner at Palm Grove Service Villa, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your lovely review and for taking time to share your experience with Trip Advisor.I am glad to know that you enjoyed staying at Palm Grove and that you found the atmosphere very relaxing. Please do come back to stay with us the next time you are in Kochi.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 7 February 2014

We wanted a basic room that was clean and hygienic for just one night and nothing special and that is exactly what we got. We actually returned for another similar one-night stay last week and very happy.

The rooms are fine, the sheets, towels and floor are clean but of average quality. The fan and TV work but no hot water either time and you have to use the bucket as per. You're not going to want to roll on around on the bathroom floor but it's absolutely adequate for a simple night's stay and the door with mosquito nets were a plus.

The gardens are also worth mentioning, complete with tennis?/volleyball court, pretty birds, rabbits (and some particularly sorry-looking chickens) in cages that made for a nice atmosphere.

The staff are friendly and helpful carting our enormous bags to and fro and even stayed up to check us in at 1am on our first stay.

What we didn't realise is that, although a very sweet place to stay, it is quite inconveniently located. In the short time that we had, we weren't able to persuade any tuk tuk driver to take us into Fort Cochin for any price and we weren't left with many options nearby in terms of amusement or nourishment.

Thanks for lovely stay though and we would recommend this to anyone not bothered about location.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Catiiiii
PalmGroveKerala, Owner at Palm Grove Service Villa, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for sparing time to share your experience with Trip Advisor.I am delighted to know that you are happy witth your stay at Palm Grove. You have mentioned that you didn't get hot water. We have water heater in all rooms . The heater will switch on only if you insert the door key tag in its slot. I feel you might not have inserted the tag in the slot .You could have told our manager that you are not getting hot water and he would have assisted you immediately .Sorry for the inconvinience . Once again thank you for choosing Palm Grove for your stay in Kochi.

Reviewed 6 February 2014

my friend and i stayed 2 nights there. the rooms are nice , basically equipped but what we liked is the fact that it is an anti-mosquito one. the room was uncleaned for 2 nights but it didn`t bother us. primitif bathroom but hot water is available all day long. a big shopping mall is at 500 meters from it. it is a bit hard to find where is this homestay is located. once you are in front of Lulu mall, ask for the M.A.J Hospital which is near to a police station. the Palm Grove Service is there. no breakfast offred, so get ready for such thing.

Room Tip: ask for a room near the wifi modem
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank abdelmjid
PalmGroveKerala, Owner at Palm Grove Service Villa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for taking time to review our property on Trip Advisor. I am happy to know that you liked the rooms at Palm Grove. We strive to offer you the very best of services, somehow we couldn’t live up to your expectation and I regret that. But I would like to clarify one point. Ours is a budget accommodation. We clean the rooms everyday. If a guest stays for more than one night then we change the bedsheets only every alternate day. But if the guest insists on fresh bed sheet everyday then we happily provide the same. I look forward to your continued visits and take this opportunity to assure you of our best attention and service at all times.

Warm regards ,
Francis

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ernakulam
Namasthe Fort Kochi
Namasthe Fort Kochi
#15 of 211 in Kochi (Cochin)
The Gateway Hotel Marine Drive Ernakulam
Aiswarya Hotel
#10 of 30 in Ernakulam
Sajhome
Sajhome
#3 of 211 in Kochi (Cochin)
Kochi Marriott Hotel
Kochi Marriott Hotel
#1 of 30 in Ernakulam

Been to Palm Grove Service Villa? Share your experiences!