“Best Place to Stay”

Ranked #11 of 30 Hotels in Ernakulam
Chennai (Madras), India
“Best Place to Stay”
Reviewed 26 January 2013

Had gone to kerala for honeymoon. Stayed over 5 hotels in my trip. Hats off to the the FERN. Lovely place for staying.Good choice of menu of food. Cleanliness at its best. Located near the ernakulam railway station. accessible to the city shops. staff were hosiptable. Stay there and feel the difference

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
GillRahul, Front Office Manager at Beaumonde The Fern, An Ecotel Hotel, responded to this review, 27 January 2013
Dear Guest ,

Thank you very much for taking the time out to share your feedback on Trip Advisor.

I am delighted to note that the hotel and its services were to your satisfaction. It is through delighted customers that a hotel gains its true recognition.

Your positive sentiments have been shared with the team.

Beaumonde The Fern, Kochi team looks forward to welcoming you back.

Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
london
Reviewed 13 January 2013

We were tossing up between this hotel and one run by a global chain, and felt we'd rather our money stayed in India. We also didn't want to stay in the touristy Fort area. It turned out to be a good decision as the global chain hotel was well out of town, while this is conveniently next to the Ernakulam (main Cochin) Railway Station. It was always easy to get back to as every auto-rickshaw driver knows where the station is, and as we approached it we'd just get them to turn left down the lane. None of them actually knew the hotel by name, or maybe it was me pronouncing it the French way instead of "Bew-mon-day" which seemed to be what the locals said. It was also convenient for walking to MG Road for shopping, and we (four women) never felt unsafe walking in the area, even in the evening.

The hotel staff were incredibly friendly and helpful. Everything in my room worked, it was luxurious without being bland and corporate. The eco credentials seemed honest in terms of materials used in the rooms etc. The rooftop pool was clean and as mainly Indians stay in the hotel and they don't tend to use the pool, it was largely deserted making for a lovely quiet place to relax. It's a small hotel with some rooms yet to be completed, and it's all the better for not being huge, we felt very welcome, recognised and well looked after.

I had room service several times and also ate in the restaurant and the food is some of the best Indian food I have eaten anywhere. One night we had the buffet (only available a few nights a week) and it was an incredible choice of South Indian food, all very light, fresh and with distinct flavours.

I had been travelling with friends in South India and suffered quite a few indifferent or bad hotels before I reached the Beaumonde and it turned my holiday round! I will definitely stay again on future visits to Cochin.

Room Tip: They are building a rooftop bar, so once that is finished, the higher floors may be noisy at night...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank KiwiGrrl
GillRahul, Front Office Manager at Beaumonde The Fern, An Ecotel Hotel, responded to this review, 14 January 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for writing the review for our hotel. It gives me immense pleasure to see the tag line "An Unexpacted Haven". You have rightly defined our hotel. As you mentioned, our prime motive is to provide the value for each money spend in our hotel.

Feedback like these from the guest like you is always encouraging. I have shared your feedback with the entire team and I am sure it will boost their morale at work place.

I am pleased to know that you enjoyed hotel services/room cleanliness & Food.

I would like to thank you for staying with us and we will look forward to welcome you again at Beaumonde The Fern, Kochi !

Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed 3 January 2013

The location next to the Ernakulam Junction Railway Station may not be very interesting for many other than train travellers, but otherwise it is very conveniently located to the main city centre and easily accessible 24/7. Incidentally, though the welcome drink reached about half-an-hour afterwe were settled in our room and the complimentary fruit basket was offered only after I enquired and there was no room service menu in the room, it was still a refreshing experience to find that the rooms were well designed and equipped and more importantly, everything worked !!The restaurant has a very relaxed but neat ambience and I was impressed by the unobtrusive but helpful staff.If you are travelling with spouse be sure to mention that you need a double bed at the time of reservation because we found that our room has two separate beds ...Must mention though, that they changed our room immediately on request.The staff may be a little short on experience, but I found,they were always eager to help.

Room Tip: Ask for everything you might need when you book your room :-)
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Megablizz
GillRahul, Front Office Manager at Beaumonde The Fern, An Ecotel Hotel, responded to this review, 7 January 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at Beaumonde The Fern, Kochi; it was a pleasure having you with us. I am glad that you enjoyed hotel services, staff attentiveness and food.

Our employees are the asset for our organization, who ensure that the guests expectations are always met and it gives me immense pleasure to hear these words about them. We have shared your feedback with the entire team and I am sure it will boost their confidence at the work place.

In the end I would like to thank you again for the beautiful lines of appreciation and we await another stay of yours at our hotel.

Thanks & regards,
Cochin, Kerala, India
Reviewed 29 December 2012

Don't believe what people tell you about this hotel......you need to experience it yourself.Good service...quality food....class of art ambiance...and above all value for money makes it a place that you should not miss. The only negative i could find was the place it is located....but all the other good qualities out stands the issue.

Do visit it to experience to experience it yourself.....

1 Thank bijoubaby76
GillRahul, Front Office Manager at Beaumonde The Fern, An Ecotel Hotel, responded to this review, 31 December 2012
Dear Patron,

I would like to thank you for giving us the opportunity of hosting you during your visit in Beaumonde The Fern, Kochi, I am pleased to know that you were satisfied with your experience of our services and facilities.Such recognition goes a long way in keeping us motivated and helps us to excel in our services to our valuable guests.

I look forward to welcoming you during your next visit to Beaumonde The Fern, Kochi and would be delighted to assist you with any requirements.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 29 December 2012

This hotel has a pitiful reception, and when we arrived there was a party going on with a DJ playing obnoxiously loud music. It made the arrival at the hotel an unpleasant one. However, the service, rooms and the eco friendliness of the hotel more than made up for the previous shortcomings.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank ShivaniR
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at Beaumonde The Fern, Kochi it was a pleasure having you with us. I am glad that you enjoyed hotel services, staff attentiveness and food.

We really appreciate your kind feedback on the hotel. It is nice to know that you enjoyed a positive stay experience! My team members are grateful for your compliments and are very encouraged that their service, together with the hotel's location, food and cleanliness, were highlights of your stay.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and we hope to be of service to you again when you next return to Cochin.

Mumbai
Reviewed 19 December 2012

Wonderful hotel, great upkeep, especially it lives the environment friendly concept thru and thru.
Bang opposite to Ernakulam Raily station. Because of which the surroundings are congested unlike a typically 5-star hotel.
Locality could have been better. One small plot right in front of the hotel spoils the view thoroughly.
Staff is very courteous and trained. Hospitality is great. Food is great. Cleanliness is great.
If only the location could have been different.
Inspite of proximity to the Railway station rooms are very silent and soundproof.
They have gone all out to make the hotel environment friendly.

Room Tip: All rooms are good. Higher floors are good.
2 Thank Reddyrs
GillRahul, Front Office Manager at Beaumonde The Fern, An Ecotel Hotel, responded to this review, 20 December 2012
Dear Guest,

We wholeheartedly thank you for writing down beautiful lines of appreciation for our hotel and the staff in detail. It is always a pleasure to receive appreciation from our Guests and nothing can beat the feeling of the same.

I am equally concerned on your feedback about approach of the hotel. Please accept my apologies for that. This is not the kind of experience we create for the guests and we are working on that part of area and I can assure you it will improve on your next visit.

I look forward to welcoming you during your next visit to Beaumonde The fern, Kochi and would be delighted to assist you with any requirements.

Pune, India
Reviewed 19 December 2012

I stayed in Beaumonde The Fern and the hospitality is what makes you go back. Warm greeting at the check-in, excellent room service, restaurants that serve amazing food everything is impeccable. By now they know me by name and recently I just reminded that about a colleague's birthday who was going to check in by that night. The hotel made sure that she isn't away from her family or friends.. I really admire what they did and look forward to my stay next time..

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on Tripadvisor for others to read about our services. I am glad to hear that you had a wonderful short stay with us.

Thank you once again and we hope that you choose Beaumonde The Fern, Kochi the next time you are in Kochi.