“Nice business class hotel !!!” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Beaumonde The Fern, An Ecotel Hotel
Ranked #11 of 29 Hotels in Ernakulam
Madurai, India
“Nice business class hotel !!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2013

This hotel is located near the ernakulam railway station.the rooms were neat and clean with excellent toilet and fixtures,toiletries.The bathing quality was awesome.Beds were comfortable.
They had free wi-fi which was preety fast.Food was awesome but a but pricey.
The breakfast was really awesome with a good spread of continental and south indian cusine.
The only draw back that i found in this hotel was the did not clear the used room service plates and dishes.Rooms were preety quite as they had sound proof glasses.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the railway station.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GillRahul, Front Office Manager at Beaumonde The Fern, An Ecotel Hotel, responded to this review, 22 February 2013
Dear Mr. Jazzy,

we are happy to note that we were able to exceed your expectations during your stay and that you appreciate the hotel and its services.

Your encouraging words have been conveyed to our team, for whom it will be a tremendous source of inspiration.

It is our constant endeavor to extend services of the highest standards but we apologize for having fallen short of it on this occasion. Guest feedback is invaluable as it helps us to continually improve the quality of our customer service.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Kochi and every endeavor will be made to ensure that Beaumonde The Fern becomes your ‘home’ in Kochi.

Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Mississauga, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2013

We arrived late in the afternoon and after checking in, which was very efficient, we didn't want to continue our tour but wanted to relax in the beautiful room. We were amazed at the room size and the setup was amazing. The washroom was clean. We did however have a shower and go out again.
And the breakfast the next morning was amazing. There was a variety of Indian and Continental dishes, and the staff were at hand to help you in whatever you wanted. It was an amazing stay.
Truely a 5 star hotel.

Dear Mr. Steve,

It was a pleasure to have you stay at Beaumonde The Fern, Kochi and we thank you for sparing your valuable time to review us on TripAdvisor.

We are delighted to receive your encouraging feedback and to learn that the services and facilities have exceeded your expectations.

We have shared your feedback with the entire team and Thank you for recommending Beaumonde The Fern, Kochi. We look forward to your continued visits and to welcoming you back.

Chennai
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2013

Stayed here only for one night but loved everything about it. The hotel is situated right next to the railway station, the rooms are spacious, the bathrooms are amazing and the service is very good. The breakfast spread was what I loved the most. There was amazing choice with a live counter and the chefs did a fantastic job with south indian and continental dishes. Would definitely recommend if you are staying in/passing by Cochin.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GillRahul, Front Office Manager at Beaumonde The Fern, An Ecotel Hotel, responded to this review, 16 February 2013
Dear Ms. Midha,

Thank you for the wonderful feedback.

The entire team is thrilled to read your thoughts about the hotel. We are glad that the hotel and its services were up to your satisfaction. I am sure that this will go a long way to keep the teams motivated to deliver even higher levels of service than before.

Thank you again. We look forward to your next visit with us.

Leicestershire, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2013

We arrived after a 9 hour car trip to be met with friendly staff and some fresh wet flannels to freshen ourselves up which was just what we needed. The rooms were spacious, clean and with very comfortable beds. We thought it might be noisy being so near the railway station and the main road but this was not the case at all. We arrived late so ordered room service which arrived promptly, was well presented and tasted good. Breakfast was the best we had in India, so much choice, a very smart, contemporary restaurant and helpful staff. Just sorry we were only passing through Cochin so our stay was very short.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Diane C
GillRahul, Front Office Manager at Beaumonde The Fern, An Ecotel Hotel, responded to this review, 2 February 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Beaumonde The Fern, Kochi as your choice of accommodation and for posting a detailed review regarding your stay.

It is very pleasing to note that you had a comfortable stay with us and enjoyed the hotel and its facilities. Your appreciation for the friendliness and assistance of our staff is most encouraging and it gives us much delight to learn that our guests are satisfied with our services, as it is what we strive for everyday.

It was certainly a pleasure for us to be at your service and we look forward to welcoming you again to Beaumonde The Fern, Kochi.

Thanks & regards,
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2013

My tour operator had originally booked me in to another hotel in Cochin for a single night stopover but it turned out that hotel didn't have any rooms available (not sure how?!). He offered me this (cheaper) hotel which seemed like a downgrade given the price point. However, after staying at Beaumonde The Fern, my view was wrong, this was an upgrade!

I would recommend it to anyone on a business trip or stopover in Cochin. The staff were extremely helpful, I didn't get the name of the gentleman that assisted us, but he was excellent, as were the staff that carried our luggage.

The rooms are very well appointed with huge beds, huge LED TVs and a massive bathroom with a great shower. The 'command centre' to control the lights and climate control is something I've not seen anywhere else and is brilliant. The beds were extremely comfy, but so big you might need to use your cell phone to communicate with your partner if you are sharing!

We arrived a little late in the night so ordered room service instead of going to the restaurant. We were told that the menu was 'limited', but I think this was to exceed our expectations as the menu is comprehensive for continental and Indian taste buds. The food prices were also reasonable (the mini bar prices, however, were not, 300 rupees for a popular beer brand). The food itself was great, I had the burger and wolfed it down.

The crowning glory for the hotel is the breakfast in the morning. To say I hogged is an understatement. They have everything you need and will cook food on demand. The veg omlette was superb.

If you are staying in Cochin, take advantage of the incredibly low prices while you still can. I assume the prices are so low because the hotel is new and they are building a reputation. I was put off by the low price, but take my word, the hotel is as good as any other more expensive hotel.

The only drawback to the hotel is that there were several power fluctuations throughout the evening. When the power went off, it took some time for the backup generators to kick in, so several times we were sitting in the dark, but I'm sure they'll get this sorted out.

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback of your recent stay with us at Beaumonde The Fern, Kochi, India.

Your kind words of appreciation about the various hotel services and facilities would certainly go a long way in boosting the morale of the team to even do better and excel in everything they do on a day to day basis to make sure our esteemed guests like yourself are more comfortable and well looked after.

We look forward to your support and patronage to Beaumonde The Fern, Kochi and also welcome you back to your home.

Bengaluru, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2013

So me n my husband were planning a trip to Kochi and i came across this hotel . Right from the beginning , the staff was very very patient with my room booking . I availed the following services from them - Airport pick up n drop , Room service , Guest services , Buffet Lunches n Dinner and let me tell you , they never failed to impress us with their consistent service and quality .
Pros :
Very beautiful n spacious rooms ,
Great Central Location ,
Food is very very extraordinarily good ,
Housekeeping was at par with 5 star hotels ,
They provide Biotique products as toiletries ,
Internet was good too .
Cons :
My only con was the air conditioning in rooms , it wasn't cold enough for me , but that might be the case as we were given one of the biggest rooms in the property .

I would recommend this hotel in a blink of an eye and would go back . Total Value for money and Great Service !

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GillRahul, Front Office Manager at Beaumonde The Fern, An Ecotel Hotel, responded to this review, 8 February 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time off to provide us invaluable feedback on Trip advisor regarding your stay at the Beaumonde The Fern, Kochi

I am happy to note that you had a pleasant stay with us and the services extended by my team were to your satisfaction. It is the feedback such as yours which motivates our team to strive towards excellence.

Thank you once again and we all look forward to welcoming you again soon in Beaumonde The Fern, Kochi.

New Delhi, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2013

My stay at Cochin had been marvellous. I am a frequent traveller and visit places with respect to my nature of job. I had been staying at different hotels at Cochin earlier and even though it used to be one night affair still missed the comforts. But during my last stay I chose Fern and I really am repenting that why I did not chose the same earlier.
The hotel is quite conveniently located from the railway station but is far from Airport but then again all decent hotels are quite far off from the airport. The rooms are excellent and quite comfortable. The rooms are also quite spacious and the beds are comfortable.
I only had break fast as was out for dinner but then the break fast was good and thoroughly enjoyed the same.
As mentioned I have been staying at hotels across the country and in every hotel I used to end up spending 15 to 20 mts in searching for the channel of my choice and here a very small but practical solution was available. They had put up a list of channels available along with the channel nos. It then stuck me that these small things if taken care off lead to such high customer delight.
Hats off to the entire team.
Overall a wonderfull experience

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
GillRahul, Front Office Manager at Beaumonde The Fern, An Ecotel Hotel, responded to this review, 1 February 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the wonderful feedback.

Thank you again. We look forward to your next visit with us.