“Good Hotel Good Service”

Beaumonde The Fern, An Ecotel Hotel
Ranked #11 of 33 Hotels in Ernakulam
Reviewed 5 April 2013

Stayed there on 28 March 2013. Really great service with nice and modern rooms!
Location is also near MG Road. Hotel also has a very nice swimming pool at the rooftop.
Only drawback: Hotel should have more than just two elevators..

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
GillRahul, Front Office Manager at Beaumonde The Fern, An Ecotel Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2013

Dear Sir,

It was a pleasure to have you stay at Beaumonde The Fern, Kochi. Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor.

My team and I are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay and Thank you for appreciating the service provided by our team. Your words of kindness shall go a long way to motivate the team to continue to deliver a high level of service to our valued guests.

Thank you for having stayed with us and we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to Beaumonde The Fern.

Thanks & Regards

Reviewed 12 March 2013

We were supposed to be going to another hotel but were taken here by the rickshaw driver....We went into the reception and asked how much a room for 2 was....she gave the price but I said no and we turned to walk out, at that point she lowered the price so we agreed to stay....we paid about £75.00 but if we hadn't walked away it would've been about £100.00.........Don't get me wrong, everything was great, no complaints really, great food, nice room etc.....but when we returned to the UK we saw on Bookings.com that the price of a double room is £50.00
I hate being ripped off especially in countries like India where its assumed that westerners are all spoilt privelidged brats who have more money than sense, when we all know its not the case.....

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
9  Thank perth45
GillRahul, Front Office Manager at Beaumonde The Fern, An Ecotel Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2013

Dear Sir,

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us at Beaumonde The Fern, Kochi and we thank you for sparing your valuable time to share your feedback through TripAdvisor.

We are delighted to receive your detailed feedback and to learn that you had a wonderful experience at our hotel. Moreover, relative about the room rates I am very glad if you contact me on my email id so that I can explain you thoroughly why the rates are different.

We hope that Beaumonde The Fern, remains your preferred hotel on all your future visits to Kochi.

fom@beaumondefernhotel.com

Reviewed 7 March 2013

I stayed a short while at The Fern last night, arriving at midnight and checking out in the morning. The overall experience was extremely positive.

The hotel location, right next to the Ernakulam Railway station was a key reason I chose this hotel (as my train was coming in at around 11:45 pm).

Although I arrived after the restaurant had closed, I was able to get a great sandwich and a refreshing sweet lassi (a yogurt-based Indian beverage) just past midnight.

The rooms were large and airy, and the fittings very modern and eco-friendly. I found most of the fittings to be well-designed. I had minor issues with the toilet layout and the wash basin (where I found most of the water splashes outside) and the fact that there was no soap holder next to the wash.

The breakfast spread was good, while not lavish. I missed some of the usual south Indian stuff though (they had dosas & eggs on demand, but not idli/vada).

Overall, it was a pleasant experience. I was also able to get a decent rate, significantly below the rack rate, perhaps because this was the off-season at Kochi.

Room Tip: I wasn't disturbed by noise although I was facing the railway station.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank SierraBravo
GillRahul, Front Office Manager at Beaumonde The Fern, An Ecotel Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2013

Dear Mr. Sierra,

We sincerely thank you for your encouraging and kind words of praise for our hotel and our services on Trip Advisor.

Every guest is very special to us and it is our endeavour to make sure that they have a memorable experience.

We thank you once again for your recommendation and support and hope that Beaumonde The Fern Kochi, remains your preferred hotel on all your future visits.

Reviewed 3 March 2013

We booked this hotel for our family trip to Kerala for Feb 19th, 2013. The property is indeed very impressive, clean and newly built hotel of Ecotel chain. The welcoming and check in procedure is the plus point of the hotel. The rooms are elegant with all modern amenities one can think of. We had the opportunity to dine at the restaurant. A little set back was the quality and quantity of the food served. The rates definitely were little overpriced. Also in the evening power went off and due to some technical fault we had to be in dark for almost 20 minutes. The front office staff managed to send the technicians and get the problem sorted out but not before several calls was made to them. They personally apologized to us before we checked out the same day.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Seemaban

Dear Sir,

It was a pleasure having you stay with us and we truly appreciate you sparing time and posting a motivating review on Trip Advisor

I have conveyed your compliments to the team for whom it has been a tremendous source of inspiration.We are happy to note that you found our service & check in/out hassle free. Thank you indeed for such gracious compliments. Your words of appreciation will go a long way to motivate us to continue to deliver a high level of service to our guests.

My team and I hope look forward to the pleasure of having you stay with us during all your future visits to Kochi

Rahul GIll

Reviewed 1 March 2013

I was in a business trip and coming from Mumbai, The welcoming and the front desk team is wonderful and the rooms are clean and nice- Using the Business center and the Free internet was a big help gor my business trip! i would suggest you as well to communicate with Mr.Nazeer 00 91 98-95-587360 for site seeing and whatever you need in Cochin especially he speaks English and Arabic and he has an excellent behavior. I had some challanges with the food and the Restaurant but it end up with a professional approach and the chef offer us a special food from our region so thank you chef.
Keep it up!! and good luck.

• Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank Ghassansakr

Dear Mr. Ghassan,

Thank you for choosing Beaumonde The Fern, Kochi !!

It has always been our utmost focus to provide our guests with personalized service that meets high standards of hospitality and it is motivation from discerning guests such as you which encourages us to give our best.

I thank you once again for your appreciative feedback about your experience at our hotel and look forward to having more opportunities to be of service to you.

Reviewed 26 February 2013

impressive room and bathroom, food very good breakfast good as well offering traditional as well as continental, would definitely recommend this hotel for those wanting something a little better than the average and a little pampering.

Room Tip: a great hotel very well placed for the main rail station in Ernakulam
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Photographer45
GillRahul, Front Office Manager at Beaumonde The Fern, An Ecotel Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2013

Dear Sir,

Thank you for choosing Beaumonde The Fern during your visit to Kochi and also for taking time to share such motivating views on Trip Advisor.

The team was overwhelmed to read your kind words of appreciation and compliments.

We are grateful for your appreciation of the services provided by the team. Your words of appreciation shall go a long way for the team to continue to deliver a high level of service to our guests.

Reviewed 22 February 2013

I recently traveled to Kochi on business for 2 days. I stayed at the Beaumonde The Fern and the entire staff was so friendly spcially Front Desk and went above and beyond to make me feel at home and ensure I had everything I needed. The food at the restaurants was great and I almost every time we had dinner at the Cilantro restaurant. The in-room dining was wonderful as well! This hotel is absolutely beautiful and very clean...highly recommend.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank krishna_kumar218
GillRahul, Front Office Manager at Beaumonde The Fern, An Ecotel Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2013

Dear Mr. Krishna,

Thank you for staying at Beaumonde The Fern, Kochi. It was a pleasure having you with us. I am glad that you enjoyed hotel services, staff attentiveness and food.

We train our staff to go extra mile and ensure that they are delivered more than their expectation and I am glad that Front Desk was really helpful during your stay. We have shared your feedback with the entire team and I am sure it will boost their morale at work place.

Thank you once again and we hope that you choose Beaumonde The Fern, Kochi the next time you are in Kochi.

Front Office Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ernakulam
1 mi away
Travancore Court by Spree
#7 of 33 in Ernakulam
Trident, Cochin
Trident, Cochin
#14 of 223 in Kochi (Cochin)

Been to Beaumonde The Fern, An Ecotel Hotel? Share your experiences!