“New swanky hotel, but that's it! 5*????”

Beaumonde The Fern, An Ecotel Hotel
Ranked #13 of 35 Hotels in Ernakulam
Reviewed 23 August 2014

You will swoon over the pictures posted by the management. Its a swanky hotel by the look of it.

It is built on a very small footprint, leaving a huge courtyard for parking and may be future expansions. The location is way off from MG Road, approach is through narrow lanes and for the view you see only water tanks perched on neighboring rooftops.

The room was very nice, with a comfortable bed and a LCD TV. Bathroom was of good size and toiletries from Biotique. Curtains were nice blocking out any light from the south Sun.

Breakfast buffet was not extensive which you would expect from a premium 4*/5* property. Taste was lacking as well. I had eggs to my rescue. I kept waiting for more coffee powder to get that extra kick from their filter coffee and had to remind them thrice before I decided to leave. That says of their service. Front desk ladies are however are very welcoming and one even escorted me to my room after check-in.

There are much better options in Ernakulam both in terms of accommodation as well as food. But if you need only a plush comfortable place to stay and are not getting anything else, you can go for it.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side have a better view.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank SidewaysCA
AMITKUMARSRIVASTAVA, Manager at Beaumonde The Fern, An Ecotel Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2014

Greetings form Beaumonde The Fern,kochi !!

Thank you for taking your valuable time to write about us on Trip Advisor.It was our pleasure to have you stay with us.

I have already made a note of your disappointment and let me assure you, necessary measures have been taken.

May I request you to treat this incident in isolation and let it not mar the impression of the hotel, as it is our earnest endeavour to provide you with the highest level of service and to ensure that your stay with us is truly most enjoyable.

I do hope that you have the occasion to visit us again and we assure you of our best service and attention at all times

Reviewed 21 August 2014

I am a travel agent and had booked kerala trip for my guest, they had a very nice trip till they check into this hotel,

-Guest had called for soft drinks , but no one turned up for half an hour, after guest reminded again , that time reception said that soft drink is not available.

-Guest were booked on MAP plan, but waiter was fighting with pax and was aking to pay bill,

-Guests were booked for 2 nights but very next morning they were told to check out the hotel due to mis communication,

-As a travel agent I had called hotel to take utmost care of guest, but no one turned up and they have not appologised for same,

-Only rooms and interior is good , but there is no courtesy in staff, all staff were rude.

Room Tip: i 'll suggest not to book with this hotel , as there room service is very poor, you will feel an...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank pratiksoni

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Beaumonde The Fern is a good looking hotel. The first time we stayed for just a night stay while we were travelling to the southern and south eastern parts of India. It was a short stay and we noticed that the Hotel is very clean and comfortable. The prices were quite reasonable at 2800 for a normal room and 4000 for a suit room. So when we came back to Ernakulam on our way back we decided to stay there for a couple of days as our children were joining us. We took two suit rooms and a normal room expecting the same room rents as before.
To call the reception, room service or the house keeping we have to be on the phone indefinitely.No one seems to be bothered to answer the calls. The house keeping is horrible. There was no toiletries other than a shower gel and a shampoo !!!!! The room service takes a minimum of an hour to bring the order to the room if at all you get them on the phone. The food at the restaurant is of very low standard. No good spread in the buffet. The menu is exorbitantly priced and the food is so salty that no one can eat it.
Finally just after a night's stay the reception insisted us to pay the bill till then.... The room rent was increased by a whopping 75 % and when we objected they wanted us to talk to the resident manager to sort out the matter, whom we never met till we checked out of the hotel next day noon. Extremely unfriendly, treacherous is the opinion all of had about the hotel.
There are wonderful hotels in and around Ernakulam and Cochin.We made a mistake in choosing this one. No more will we ever stay at this hotel

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank PRABHU60
AMITKUMARSRIVASTAVA, Manager at Beaumonde The Fern, An Ecotel Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Reviewed 9 August 2014

This was my second stay and i was wondering how can this hotel be rated 5 Star. I didn't find anything in common that a 5 star property should have. The phone at the reception will get answered in 2 rings at max but here you can keep calling and if you are lucky someone will answer. You order Coke and you are served coke can which has just been taken out of store room. WIFI dosent work. I was also told while checking out and had to wait over 15 mins as house keeping was checking if i have consumed anything from the mini bar and this is after i told the lady at front office that i have not consumed and with guts she replied sir you will have to wait as house keeping is checking the room. This is complete insult and not seen at any property i have stayed in the world so far. Very disappointed and will never go back to this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank RiteshTan
AMITKUMARSRIVASTAVA, Manager at Beaumonde The Fern, An Ecotel Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Reviewed 31 July 2014

Me and my friend stayed here for two nights. We had been traveling around Kerala for two weeks and we thought that it would be nice to end the trip at a five star hotel. The staff was really friendly and the rooms where fantastic. The best bed on the whole trip. They had a nice spa area and a pool on the roof. The water in the pool was dirty...very dirty. They had a nice restaurant that served a delicious breakfast and dinner. Definitely worth the 55 euro per night. The rooms had free wifi, but it did not always work and when it did it was slow.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank lindhka

Greetings from Beaumonde The Fern !

Thank you for your wonderful feedback. It is gratifying to receive such inspiring comments. It was our absolute pleasure to have you stay with us. I am extremely delighted to note that you had a wonderful experience and the hotel and our team exceeded your expectations. It is through delighted guests that a hotel gains its true recognition.

Creating unforgettable memories while taking care of guest’s needs is indeed our motto and we as a company strive constantly towards this purpose. Your praise and recommendation of our hotel is a huge inspiration for the team in their endeavour to exceed guest expectations. Your positive sentiments have been shared with the team.

Your recommendation is much appreciated.

We hope to continue being your preferred hotel in Kochi and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

I stayed at this hotel in February for 9 nights (sorry for late review). Very comfortable and clean rooms, very good value for the money. A good location if you want to be in the middle of the city. Breakfast was quite basic but sufficent.The pool area could have been better but had it to myself most of the time. I've stayed in several hotels in Cochin and if I return to Cochin I would have no hesitation to stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Ambiance is very nice, lobby is too beautiful. I stayed at this hotel the staff of reception is very helpful. Service is very excellent by waiter i don't remember the name of person. even i allergic from some food, Service people & chef take care's me very much i was feeling like at home, food is awesome. Very thankful to Mr.Amit (F & B Manager) During my stay i always found him on floor & He is very helpful. thanks to the Fern Hotel who had gave me such a wonderful experience in kochi, I would love to visit again. Thanks too all.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
AMITKUMARSRIVASTAVA, Manager at Beaumonde The Fern, An Ecotel Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Food & Beverage Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ernakulam
The Gateway Hotel Marine Drive Ernakulam
Travancore Court by Spree
#8 of 35 in Ernakulam
Trident, Cochin
Trident, Cochin
#13 of 227 in Kochi (Cochin)

Been to Beaumonde The Fern, An Ecotel Hotel? Share your experiences!