“Excellent hotel”

Ranked #6 of 29 Hotels in Ernakulam
Ghaziabad, India
“Excellent hotel”
Reviewed 9 January 2013

Recently, stayed for 1 night in this hotel along with family. The location is good - right on the busy MG Road. The hotel service was also excellent - provided free upgrade of room even though I was there for only 1 night. The complimentary breakfast was also great, with various choices. All in all, a great experience. Will definitely stay here during future visits.

Room Tip: Book a room that is NOT facing the MG road, since it can be noisy
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
  • Thai first
Singapore
Reviewed 7 January 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights. Hotel is conveniently located near shopping and dining options.

We were upgraded from the executive club that we booked which was a lovely surprise.

Rooms were extremely large and well maintenaned.

Good variety for breakfast.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Whangaparaoa
Reviewed 7 December 2012

I was amazed at the size of the rooms and the bathrooms and the fittings in a hotel hidden away among busy old part of Ernakulam. Rooms were huge and tastefully furnished. Front office manager is Winnow Brachen with years of experience in the hospitality trade and he knows how to take care of customer needs. He knows all the specialised dining places, tours and deals and how to enjoy what the Kerala got to offer. Room charges are money's worth for comforts you get and charge includes a good breakfast selection. Got a huge car park which is very convenient in MG road area.
Hotel has it's own Ayurvedic massage facilty in a seprate health clinic. Full body massage with Ayurvedic oils rejuvenate your body. Bar and coffee facilty is also available.

Room Tip: Premier rooms are fantastic.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
AvenueRegent, General Manager at The Avenue Regent, responded to this review, 17 December 2012
Thanks for your feed back on our hotel and pleased to know that you had a memorable stay with us. We look forward to recieve you at our hotel during your next visit..

Regards
Mathew Jose
Ahmedabad, India
Reviewed 5 December 2012

Now am in my office.its too late for this comment.couldnt stop me from writing..The affection the people showed to my family was exceptional.I have a connection with kerala ie i got married here.its been a long time ....there are so many changes ,so many hotels...but this kind of experience i never found anywhere...even after giving so much of trouble from our kids.Clean room,prompt room service....and the rare thing,guys...to my surprise, found people from airline industry in there! sorry i cant recollect her name..pleasant staff with the right attitude,suggested this site,and invited us again to kerala.And the quality of food was owesome.Will make sure we come here next year.We want to taste the foooooooooooooood......again...Keep it up.

sincerely ,Mr.sharma

Room Tip: we were in 2nd floor,take rooms which is facing the city
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 5 December 2012

The Avenue Regent is right on M.G. Road, near all the oldest shopping of the city of Ernakulam. A lot of new malls nearby too. Also, there's a fantastic FabIndia outlet within walking distance at Ravipuram.

The rooms are good, clean, and there's a choice of food available, not only local cuisine.

If I had to say what the hotel's usp is, it would have to be their staff, especially at their restaurant. Everybody's very helpful and cheerful, in fact.

There are also other eating joints nearby if you find the food at the hotel overpriced. I just walk across to the Ceylon Bake House opposite which serves manageable portions, something that's important when you are not sharing a meal with a partner.

Good to come back to the comfort of your room at this hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 30 November 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for just half a day as we needed a place to stay before boarding a train to Kannur. I booked these tickets a couple months in advance from the US and Sahil was very helpful to answer any questions I had regarding the hotel. Despite what some previous reviewers mentioned I had no problems with travel arrangements. The Avenue Regent had someone waiting for me at the airport and promptly dropped me off at the railway station. The staff was very polite and courteous as soon as we walked in the door and the rooms were clean. One thing that's definitely deserves mention is the breakfast buffet. We really enjoyed it..they offered a wide range of Indian and continental food with a made to order omelette station. Great hotel. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed August 2012
Freeland, Washington
Reviewed 22 November 2012

A letter of appreciation, November 22, 2012.
In early November, 2012, my husband and I stayed at the Hotel Avenue Regent in Cochi, with several scientists- colleages and friends in connection with the Pan Ocean Remote Sensing Conference 2012, The hotel service was excellent from the start, buffet breakfast in a nice environment\ Great and simple meals with a variety of foods at the bar some nights were very fine too, The rooms are large, quiet and comfortable with well-functioning air-conditioning.

The main reason I am writing this review is that the staff of this hotel went way beyond the call of duty, when we had an emergy and illness. My husband took violently ill, a seizure in the middle of the night, probably simply due to preventative malaria medicin (but not sure yet). He was uncounscious. All I did was call the reception and ask for a doctor. People came to our room immediately, kind comfort in their manners. Then hospital staff from an emergency room nearby arrived with a stretcher and several hotel personnel accompanied us to the hospital.--Evidently the reception folks kept track of the happening. They showed up next morning in my private waiting room with break fast and coffee! I tell YOU!! They informed our friends, and kept showing interst throughout the 2 days until we were released from the hospital and back at the hotel and until we left.

I now believe that loving kindness is typical for India and nobody can tell me it ain't so! Do stay at this hotel if you have Cochi on your itinerary!

On this Thanksgiving Day in the USA, I wish to express our sincere thanks to these wonderul people. No-one is named, because they were so many who were kind and thoughtful.

Kristina Katsaros also on behalf of husband Michael Katsaros