“Fantastic Bed & Break fast on back water”

The Gateway Hotel Marine Drive Ernakulam
Ranked #3 of 33 Hotels in Ernakulam
Reviewed 23 June 2010

The day we entered into the city, actually was a day of strike called by BJP. It was good on the management part to collect us from Bus terminal enroute Alleppey, on our request. Since it was the first time stay in a 5 star hotel (at our own expenditure), so my family was excited and they fulfilled our quanch.
Room is quite good, with lavish bathroom. Food quality is fabulous & the chef is also generous on child's demand.
The maintencance of the whole proerty is very good and neat & clean. We are unlucky, since we could not use Spa & Gym, both were under renovation that time.
We stayed there on 29th & 30th Dec'09 night, unfortnately no New Year eve party organised during that period.

We wish to visit the Hotel again, may be in our next trip.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,235)

Reviewed 11 June 2010

My wife and I stayed at the Gateway Hotel Cochin during our honeymoon around Kerala. We liked the location as it was near the city and we could do our shopping and eatouts. But at night the corridors were incredibly noisy. There were some bunch of drunk bachelors, or tourists visiting, I dont knw who were howling throughout the night. Even after complaining to the reception the noise persisted. May be a one off thing.
In terms of room, the rooms were clean, there was an half empty soda bottle in the mini bar, which they promptly replaced. We were planning to stay for three days but had to check out the next night itself. check out was easy, and I did register my complaint. Probably the quality of guests cannot be controlled, but this sure is not - there is NO flexible pipes in the bathroom to clean yourself :-) , Only Mug and Tissue paper!!So...yeah if you are Indian be ready for some cup cleaning..really big turn off for us.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Johnmathew123
Reviewed 11 June 2010

this is a great spot to relax and unwind from the city, the deli is also a good place to check out if u need a place to do work in peace, the bubble restaurant is great place for good food and a nice selection of wine

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 June 2010

Gateway, Kochi is the perfact business hotel. It provides all comfort, service, luxury. It is located on beach road and most of the rooms window opens with sea view. For fish loving people, it is the perfect location.

Overall, it is value for money hotel and not only for business but for personal trip too.

Reviewed 11 June 2010

beautiful rooms, sea facing, looks plush and modern...and then...no buffet on weekdays!! What to eat? A-La-carte. OK. And what came after we almost walked out of the restaurant after waiting for 40 minutes (only 3 other tables were occupied) made us want to run away even faster-let down by food. The business centre phone would not work...at the breakfast some empty pots may state at you as you can stare at the sea from huge glass walls! The live counter almost never had the chef present. And still...its a beautiful property in a beautiful part of the country.

Reviewed 11 June 2010

A group of Executives, Spouses and children from Craigmore Plantations (India) Pvt Limited, stayed at the Gateway Hotel, Cochin in May 2010 over three nights. The Executives & Staff of this Hotel, in true Tata spirit, went out of their way to make this trip an enjoyable and memorable one for each and every member who made this trip. Amongst the 18 or so guests that spent 3 nights at Gateway Hotel as a part of our group, not one guest had any thing adverse to say about the service at this hotel or the facilities provided.
Being a frequent traveller and staying in many Business / Leisure hotels around India on work, I rate the service of Gateway - Cochin as one of the very best I have experienced ever!! There are many employees at Gateway Cochin that deserve praise for their service quality but unfortunately I can not remeber all their names, but one whose name has stuck in my mind is their Restaraunt Manager, Mr. Nandagopal, he in my opinion is the epitome of the principle "service with a smile". I consider Mr. Nandagopal to be an asset of the Gateway Hotel, Cochin, who with his ever willing to make his guests happy nature, made this stay a wonderful one for each and every one of us. I have seen for myself that during our stay Mr. Nandagopal had to cover for his superior who was on leave and as such was working very-very long hours and yet not once did I see him impatient, ill tempered or brusque with any guest or subordinate. This to me is what service is!
I would conclude with my closing comments that if you wish to enjoy a relaxed holiday where service is outstanding, do NOT delay book in at the Gateway Hotel, Cochin where they make each guest feel like a king/queen!!

Reviewed 10 June 2010

Was there for a business meeting but the location, the service, the food, the people all made me feel as if I have not stepped out of my home at all :)

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ernakulam
Vivanta by Taj - Malabar
Vivanta by Taj - Malabar
#8 of 222 in Kochi (Cochin)
Trident, Cochin
Trident, Cochin
#13 of 222 in Kochi (Cochin)
Kochi Marriott Hotel
#2 of 33 in Ernakulam
Crowne Plaza Kochi
Crowne Plaza Kochi
#1 of 3 in Maradu

Been to The Gateway Hotel Marine Drive Ernakulam? Share your experiences!