“Nothing great, except for the service and the experience”

Ojeen the Taste of Malabar
Ranked #45 of 222 Restaurants in Ernakulam
Cuisines: Indian, Fast food
Good for: Cheap Eats
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout
cochin
“Nothing great, except for the service and the experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

Off the broadway sidewalk, on a narrow footpath cutting to the the marine drive, it is just another one among the many eateries in the area. It's generally crowded. I took my wife and three daughters there two days ago, for supper. A whimiscal thought made me go there, because though I've walked by a couple of times, we have never gone in.
Recently I had googled for good biriyani places in Cochin and a reviewer had lots of good things to say about this place, and the thought remained in my mind.

So here we were, five of us, gawking at the hustle and bustle of a busy snack bar, at 8.00 PM.

I have had rare opportunities to experience genuine and warm service at various establishments. This was such a place. I may be wrong to make these statements after just one visit,... but the place exudes a happy warmth. They wanted us to sample foods because they were proud of their items.
And we had a few great shakes, which offered greater value for money than I expected. I was coaxed into ordering a njaaval shake, and it was Good. We ordered one more. We also had Kabsa, chicken stuffed buns, and shawarma. We ate more than we needed, but the food wasn't overly greasy or heavy so we were comfortable.
And we really really enjoyed just sitting there eating messily from a small table, with the assuredly kind hovering presence of the waiter. (one cannot call him a waiter, just a service person, who epitomises all a waiter could aspire to be in character).
Don't expect great hygene standards, in fact don't expect much of anything more than a happy experience.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank tomthump

Kannur
“The ultimate place for Malabar Snacks in Cochin”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2014

Excellent place for all snacks its really yummy! and i guarantee you that you will have to visit at least 5 to 6 times to try out all there dishes. All the snacks are typical Malabar Muslim Cuisine and its mouthwatering, it a must to try place. Its a small joint opposite to bay pride mall behind the SBI will be crowded all the time so you can either opt for take away, as the atmosphere rather the ambiance is not so good but its worth trying out.

• Visited January 2014