“No frills but clean”

Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Brunswick
Caribou, Maine
“No frills but clean”
Reviewed 4 September 2012

This hotel was clean, but certainly no frills. Breakfast was bagels, cereal, small danishes, juice and coffee and tea. We would stay there again. Front desk people were knowledgeable, On a street with restaurants. They had a nice pool to use also.

3 Thank oleander3-117

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
NYC
Reviewed 1 September 2012

Even with a cheap hotel I would expect something better. I need an extra pillow for my legs to sleep. Asked the front desk and was told NO extra pillows were available, while the hotel was helf empty. asked again the enxt day and was told the same thing, while I observed extra pillows in the room behind the front desk.Towels were so thin and the shower head was pre Civil War, carpet had major repairs that we tripped over. Not a nice place.

Room Tip: Find a different motel. there are plenty here.
4 Thank Giantfanlen

Travellers are raving about these Brunswick hotels

Long Beach, New York, United States
Reviewed 18 August 2012

We checked in late and had no problem with the gentleman at the desk. He was very helpful. The room dated, but was very clean and the bed (king) was plenty comfortable. We were in the back section and had absolutely no problem with road noise. Breakfast in the morning was basic but good enough for a quick bite to get the day started.

Room Tip: The rooms in the back section are the furthest from the road and were very quiet.
1 Thank Robert S
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
Reviewed 31 July 2012

When I called about the room I should have known this was going to be a bad experience as the person who answered was expremely rude . I had called a week before just to get prices and was told it was $60. for 1 nite with 2 dbl beds, by the time I called back 4 days later the desk girl told me they never had such a price and that it was $96. When we went to check in the room that we had booked 2 weeks before smelled moldy so we asked to just look at another room, when we returned to keep the room we originally were given (because the other 2 rooms were much worse and had fist sized holes in the walls) the unprofessional and rude desk person had given our room away. We finally got the original room back (all other motels were full at this point) the air conditioner put out such a musty smell that by morning I was sick with a horrible sinus headache. The second I got into the bed an airwig bug came crawling out from under my pillow.-that was disgusting. In the morning there was no coffee made and the rude desk clerk was proceeding to drop the english muffins on the floor and put them back for customers to eat. I would not recommend this place to anyone -do yourself a favor and spend the extra $20 and go someplace decent down the street.

Room Tip: Read reviews before booking a room so you don't have the same horrible experience and be sure NO...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank cfrasar
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed 16 July 2012 via mobile

Payed 77$ for a room with two beds, such a good value! Rooms were clean, free breakfast was decent, outdoor pool was awesome!!

• Stayed July 2012
3 Thank efoidart
Northampton, MA
Reviewed 12 July 2012

This motel is very conveniently located in Brunswick; It was a quiet atmosphere even though it is located right off the main drag coming into town. The rooms were pleasantly decorated but nothing fancy. Microwave, wifi & refrig in room. They were very clean and the beds were perfectly comfortable. We were received graciously and the price was incredibly economical for this college town.The swimming pool was immaculate. If you are headed to distant points north as my friends and I were, this is an ideal stop-over enroute. I'm still shaking my head after finding this little gem which I have been driving past mindlessly for years.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank Paul F
Asheboro, North Carolina
Reviewed 15 June 2012

Called to ask a few questions, the rude response from the person on the phone changed our minds we had intended on staying for 6 nights while touring maine but forget it maybe if you want people to stay at you hotel *motel "inn" you can start by changing your staff!

Room Tip: they all suck
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family