Best Western Plus Brunswick Bath
Relax Inn(Brunswick)
Travelers Inn(Brunswick)
Comfort Inn(Brunswick)
View Hotel
All reviewsbrunswick baththe salt water poolwafflesnice hotelwooded areabreakfast was excellentswim meetindoor poolroom was cleanstay there againfree breakfastquiet locationwaffle makerthe staff was friendly and helpfulfirst flooreasy accessfresh fruit
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 September 2013

I read that this used to be another hotel and it was recently renovated. It does look freshly painted outside but the interior needs more work. There are exposed outlets and the baseboards in the bathroom are messy and unfinished. Big, jacuzzi tub, not sure if it works but at least it was roomy. Medium sized frig was very convenient with a small microwave. Bed however, wasn't as comfy as Hampton Inn's but the room was much larger.

Breakfast was fine although it never varied during the 3 days we stayed there. Eggs and sausage, and on the last day, they ran out of sausages at 8:30 AM when breakfast doesn't end until 10 AM. At least their waffle was tasty as it should be.

I used their fitness room one night, it had a treadmill, elliptical machine, and stairmaster. Plus one of the variable resistance contraptions. Plenty of towels, water (no cups though) and 2 TVs. Freezing cold but once I was finished with my run, I was glad of the cool temp. Also used their salt-water pool. Way better than a regular chlorinated pool for my sinuses. Plenty of larger towels. The pool was what pushed my rating from average to very good.

Housekeeping wasn't very good. No new shampoos, etc. plus they never vacuumed. I could tell because there was a paper clip on the carpet that stayed there the whole 3 nights. I liked that the hotel wasn't off a busy street so it was pretty quiet.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 September 2013

d.cuneo

We booked this trip in March and stayed there in August. We called ahead and asked many questions. The most particular question was how clean the hotel was. We were assured that they had an great cleaning staff and cleaning was priority one. We found that to be less than true. We arrived at about 10:30 pm at night and the first thing we had to do was go to the store and buy clorox cleanup to scrub our tub and sink and toilet. They all had scum and mildew. Overall cleanliness of the hotel was just fair until you looked up and found that there were spiders and dust everywhere. We even used the printer downstairs and out came spiders from the printer. Our coffee maker still had a used k-cup left inside from the last people who used the room. The back of our toilet leaked on every flush. The refrigerator did not work well at all. The adjustment for temperature was broken. We used the laundry facility once while we were there and we had to go to an outside laundry to redo our clothes because they have old washers and they did not work well. Our clothes smelled like someone had washed something with grease and it stuck to the inside of the laundry tub. We spent 14 days here and many things were either unclean or broken or di not work well. We lodged one complaint about the bottom of our shower curtain having mildew on it and were assured they would take care of it but never did. We heard many complaints from other guests around the hotel and they all seemed to say the same thing. The hotel was not very clean. I ate breakfast in the dining area and used the same table daily. Someone had spilled syrup on the table and it was still sticky even after 14 days. I complained about the men's toilet downstairs in the lobby area one day and was assured that it would be cleaned. For the next five days, that toilet was still not cleaned. We I approached the night teller about it she became indignant and said she had cleaned it . It took another complaint to the day teller before it was done. Two days later, it was dirty again and I never said a word but found that the toilet stayed that way for another four days. We heard others complain about cleanliness of either their rooms or something else and the people they spoke to always told them that they would let someone know about it but I don't think anything was ever done to remedy the complaint. They have a maintenance man there that goes around barking out orders to others on the staff like he owns the place. He's just a maintenance man not a hotel manager. One of the most pleasant experiences we had at the hotel was the cleaning crew of T.J. and Harmony. They seemed to be the only two who really cared if they pleased the customer or not. They were always Johnny on the spot when someone needed something and were very polite. I could go on even more about the cleanliness, friendliness and overall comfort of this facility but I think this is enough. Our opinion is that if we stay at another Best Western anywhere, it won't be too soon. So, the next time you are about to book a room at a Best Western Hotel, you may want to think twice, or at least this one anyway.

Room Tip: Higher rooms have less noise.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
kspaulding, Manager at Best Western Plus Brunswick Bath, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2015

Dear Holly-

Thank you so much for your kind words! We hope we will get to have you as our guest again soon! All the best, from the staff at Best Western Plus Brunswick!

Reviewed 9 September 2013

Just not a clean hotel. Room - mold in bathroom, torn carpet, food on floor under chair, TV remote did not work, AC unit would wake the dead.. Really not your best choice in the area.. Hampton Inn next door.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Marc W, Asst. General Manager at Best Western Plus Brunswick Bath, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2013

Thank You jpmaine76 for your review! I am sorry to hear your recent stay with us was not pleasant. I am personally going to look into what happened and why this room was not properly cleaned and why the AC was not reported to maintenance. Next time you are in the area I hope you will consider giving us another chance rather than going to the Hampton Inn 7 miles down the road in Bath. Thank you for your honest review again and I hope we can become one of your lodging options again in the future.

Reviewed 7 September 2013

On a quick trip to Maine we needed a last-minute place to stay and HotWire assigned us to this hotel. A bit of risk, but this turned out very well. Convenient location, very clean, pleasant staff, totally non-smoking, quiet room. Breakfast average but adequate and pleasant. We would go there again (on purpose, this time!) if we needed lodging in the area.

Room Tip: We were on the third floor, which was very quiet. Windows on two sides of corner end room.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank You Tanvandriver for your recent review! As it is with booking on those sites, there are always "risks" in the quality of lodging you get. I am glad Hotwire directed you to our hotel and glad we could make your quick trip to Maine enjoyable. Next time you make another quick trip up this way give us a call and we can give another corner room, with windows on two sides!

Reviewed 7 September 2013

This hotel was recently renovated and the accommodations are very pleasant starting with an attractive lobby, nice rooms, and a salt water pool. The full breakfast was fantastic, don't forget to try the sausage.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank You Frank T for your review of your recent stay! I am glad you enjoyed your stay and that you left full after trying our extensive breakfast. Our sausages are real sausages and not those "fake" ones that usually accompany a free breakfast. Thank You again for you review!