“Good hotel with terrible staff.”

Best Western Plus Brunswick Bath
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Brunswick
Seattle, Washington
“Good hotel with terrible staff.”
Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

Nice clean hotel with a very good breakfast. The separate bedroom ( from the hideabed) meant our teen could watch TV without keeping people up. The downside was the lazy, uncaring staff. We had to ask twice for sheets for the hideabed and when Larissa the front desk clerk brought them we had 2 fitted sheets and only one blanket ( no pillow). Same girl watched me struggle with the luggage cart and never offered to help ( I walk with a cane so my disability is obvious.) Barbara, who prepared breakfast, was a sweetheart and really caring- I saw her help people with juice, etc. Otherwise the biggest group of slackasses I've seen in a long time. Good value if you're visiting but don't expect any service.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Emily M, Manager at Best Western Plus Brunswick Bath, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Tamara K,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast! Our staff does try their best to exceed guests expectations.

I apologize that some members of our staff did not meet your expectations. Your concerns have been addressed with our entire staff in order to ensure that our guest's are receiving superior customer care. Again, I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

We hope that you give us another chance when you are in the Brunswick area. We really appreciate the feedback and hope to exceed your expectations in the future!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Ludlow, Vermont
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Best Western has the absolute BEST rooms if you are traveling with a Dog... They have a door that leads directly outside so you can let your dog out without going through the lobby. Will stay again and again..

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Emily M, Manager at Best Western Plus Brunswick Bath, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Hi calmmomentsspa,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property! It is great to hear that you had such a positive experience while staying with us. I am happy that the amenities in our pet-friendly rooms were convenient for you! We hope that you will stay with us again when you are in the Brunswick area!
Saint Agatha, Maine
Reviewed 15 April 2014

First time experience staying at the BW Plus Brunswick. Overall our stay was pleasant, however, we went to the pool shortly after checking in Friday afternoon. One pool towel was available. I called the front desk from the pool phone and advised of the situation and asked for more towels. We were at the pool for 45 minutes. No ever showed up with more towels.
We had to ask the front desk for someone to tidy up our room, mostly for fresh towels for the bathroom, and it was mid afternoon.
Breakfast was so so. Orange juice was watered down and awful, and on Sunday, we had to wait fifteen minutes for fresh scrambled eggs to be replenished as there were none when we arrived.
And of course my favorite complaint is the unsecured wireless internet.

Room Tip: This hotel is adjacent to a main road, and our room faced that roadway, however we did not notice an...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Emily M, Manager at Best Western Plus Brunswick Bath, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Hi Fred H,
Thank you for taking the time out of your day to review our property. I am happy to hear that your overall stay was pleasant and that you got to enjoy some of the amenities that our hotel offers. I do want to apologize for the unresponsiveness of our staff. In addition, I am sorry that you were unhappy with our breakfast. We value this feedback and look through these reviews thoroughly to find out where we can make improvements! I hope you will consider staying with us again when you are in the Brunswick area.
United States
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Great location to explore that region of Maine.A great variety of things to do. The facility is nicely decorated and clean. The breakfast items are extensive and good quality. Nice pool area and quite location.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends

1 Thank Bonnie H
Hi Bonnie H.,
Thank you for the review of your recent stay with us. I am happy to hear you enjoyed all the wonderful aspects of the Best Western Plus Brunswick Bath. Our housekeeping staff will be pleased to hear you appreciated their hard work and clean rooms. Thank you again, we look forward to another great visit.
halifax, Canada
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Welcoming staff (they offered me tips on where the nearest restaurants and pharmacies were), tidy lobby, nice room. Easy to find, no fuss check out in the morning. The bathroom was clean and the water pressure was good (a pet peeve of mine).

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Emily M, Manager at Best Western Plus Brunswick Bath, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Hi Ruby B,
Thank you for such a positive and informative review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us at the Best Western Plus Brunswick Bath! I hope that you stay with us again the next time you are in the Brunswick Maine area.
Rindge, United States
Reviewed 4 April 2014

After staying at a more expensive hotel up the road I was a little nervous because of the price. I was shocked that the hotel was amazingly clean, bright, and comfortable. The staff was very pleasant and helpful with local directions. The heated Salt Water swimming pool was very relaxing. In the morning the breakfast out classed the 150.00/night hotel up the street. I have 4 more trips to Brunswick/Bath and will use this hotel every time.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Emily M, Manager at Best Western Plus Brunswick Bath, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Hi Jon T.,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel! I am very pleased to hear that you were pleasantly surprised by the accommodations, amenities and service we provide at the Best Western Plus Brunswick Bath. Thank you for the kind words about our staff. They strive to provide a positive experience for all of our guests!

We hope to host you again the next time you are in the Brunswick Maine area!
Dedham, Maine
Reviewed 3 April 2014

My son and I stayed here while in Brunswick for a 4 day swim meet. I can not say enough good things about this hotel. The staff was wonderful, accommodations perfect for what we needed. When I left my bag there they shipped it back to me, saving me a trip! The only suggestion I have would be to offer extended check-outs, it would have been so much nicer to be able to stay at the hotel for a couple extra hours than the pool waiting for the late afternoon session.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Hi Jen C.,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel! I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we were able to make your life easier by shipping your bag. I apologize for not being able to offer an extended check out to you. We do offer extended check-out but it is based on availability. I hope that you stay with us again the next time you are in the Brunswick Maine area!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brunswick
Comfort Inn
The Daniel
#1 of 11 in Brunswick
Hampton Inn Bath Brunswick
Fairfield Inn & Suites Brunswick Freeport

Been to Best Western Plus Brunswick Bath? Share your experiences!