“UNIQUE DOESN'T DESCRIBE IT”
Review of Libby's Market

Libby's Market
Ranked #3 of 108 Restaurants in Brunswick
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Description: The BEST Lobster Roll (and more) in the whole state!!!! (without question, and I should know).
Portland, Maine
“UNIQUE DOESN'T DESCRIBE IT”
Reviewed 26 June 2011

It's hard to put into words - and that’s coming from someone who writes for a living - the Libby's experience. It starts with the Libbys themselves - owners and now close friends, Tina and Danny (two of the hardest working people I know, or have ever known) and the love, kindness, and attention to detail they provide to not just me but everyone who walks in the door. They greet most of their customers by name. So do I feel special coming here almost every day? NO! Have I put on 25 pounds since I've been coming here? YES! If the latter isn't a solid endorsement I don't know what is. If you're expecting a fine dining experience in a gorgeous setting you've come to the wrong place. (Oh boy have you). But if your goal is fabulous simple eats* in the most simple and unadorned place imaginable tended to by the most lovely people I've had the pleasure to know, much less call friends, you've come to the right place. (Oh boy have you). Believe it or not.

*”Eats” like breakfast sandwiches made to order with fresh eggs, bacon, sausage, what-have-you…..THE best lobster rolls anywhere in Maine (the lobster cooked fresh daily and simply divine)…steamed clams from time to time (ditto crab-rolls, with THE freshest crab) and really anything they prepare will hit the spot and you too will become a regular. Just watch your weight...

• Visited June 2011
1 Thank theghostwriter

Pelham, Tennessee
“Convenience store food that's actually good?”
Reviewed 23 June 2011

YES! This place is so unexpected. We read reviews on TA and decided to stop. The first time we both got a steak and cheese. It was awesome! The next day we returned for lunch. My husband got the raved about lobster roll. After his first bite all he could say is Wow! He concurred with everyone else it was probably the best he has ever tasted. It was very fresh because they keep live lobsters. I had the hamburger the second time and it was just average.

It is just a small market on a side street so don't expect much. The only tables are picnic tables outside. The people are very friendly and welcoming. A definite must try!

1 Thank TNTravelinCouple
Park City, Utah
“Awesome Lobster Roll”
Reviewed 1 June 2011

I was driving up from Boston to Acadia NP and looked on TA for a place to grab a quick something to eat. As I am from out west I wanted to have a lobster roll. I stopped in this place and wasn't sure it was the right place. It is actually like a convenience store more then anything. That being said the owners were really nice and talked with me the whole time Tina was making the lobster roll, even texted me a dirty joke ;), some other funny locals came in as well. I watched as Tina took the lobster meat out of the shell and made the roll fresh. Can only speak for the Lobster Roll but it was amazing to the point I was looking at driving back via Brunswick instead of going to Montreal as planned.

• Visited May 2011
1 Thank pcskiandlax
Chappaqua, New York
“I wish I could live there”
Reviewed 20 February 2011

Libby's is a great place to go for any type of food. My favorite is the breakfast sandwich because it is made to perfection. I'm not a big fish lover but what I've had here is fantastic. Bring your friends!

• Visited January 2011
1 Thank Bigfoodie9191
Brunswick, Maine
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Pizza!”
Reviewed 6 February 2011

My parents love going to Libby's Market for lobster rolls, crab rolls (neither of which I eat), and breakfast sandwiches (delicious) but I especially love their pizza. Everybody is very friendly and it's a fun place to go.

• Visited February 2011