“DON'T GO HERE!”

Libby's Market
Ranked #3 of 108 Restaurants in Brunswick
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Description: The BEST Lobster Roll (and more) in the whole state!!!! (without question, and I should know).
Portland, Maine
“DON'T GO HERE!”
Reviewed 2 July 2013

Unless you want the best lobster roll (or crab, when they have it) and countless other delicious times to chose from and the absolute best you've ever had.

If that's the case:

THEN GO, GO, GO!!!!

1 Thank theghostwriter

NYC, USA
“Recommended and surprising... Worth the treasure hunt.”
Reviewed 1 July 2013

So I landed in Portland, and decided that I needed to eat.
Fortunately the rental car agent gave me two recos. One in the tourist area of downtown portland. One up the road near Brunswick, a small place where the owner makes fresh lobster rolls right off the boat.
Thank goodness I had my GPS. I found Libby's market. Which was listed as a convenience store. Awesome. This was gonna be fun.

Took a bit of doing. Libby's is not on a main drag. It's down a great quiet street in a surprising little spot. The locals seem to know it. Pulling up in their trucks to grab to go lunches. While the smart tourists take a minute to enjoy the three nice picnic tables outside.

The owners are friendly and I liked how you get to choose your perfect size lobster roll. There at the counter. I chose the large with some fries. I kept it simple.

My large roll was filled to overflowing with fresh lobster just chopped. Perfection. Not overly dressed. Fries were hot and a great side.

Nothing fancy. But that's what you want in a lobster roll right?

What a great find... I gotta remember to thank my rental car guy,

• Visited July 2013
Statesville
“"Yeehaw!! That's what I'm talking about....Dee-lish!!"”
Reviewed 29 June 2013

Heard about the best lobster rolls ever and had to stop in and give them a try before we even unpacked our suitcases and got settled in for vacation time!! We were tired after 2 days on the road from Carolina, but we knew this would be our first stop as soon as we hit Brunswick! So glad we did...the lobster rolls were the BEST...toasted and overflowing with fresh lobster that tasted so heavenly. The grandchildren had pizza and it too was dee-lish!! They said it was the best pizza ever!! Thanks Mrs. Libby for your hospitality and Mr. Libby for making us feel right at home with the karaoke. Our family thought the food and the picnic table atmosphere was awesome! Before heading home we stopped again and we lucked up because a pick-up truck full of fresh lobster had arrived! The grandchildren were invited to help bring the lobster into the market. Thanks for that experience; they will never forget handling those lobsters!! Great food, great people, and great hospitality! The Libby’s know how to “git er done!” when it comes to service and food! We give them a big YEEHAW and hell yeah on those lobster rolls and pizza!! We will definitely be back when we get back up that way!!

“5 Star Hospitality”
Reviewed 28 June 2013 via mobile

We made a repeat visit because the lobster was so good! Met Tina and Dan, the owners. Wonderful couple! If you are ever in the Brunswick area, this is the best lobster roll!

Denver, Colorado
“The reviews don't lie !”
Reviewed 26 June 2013

Found Libby's on tripadvisor - a small fish market, no indoor seating, looks like a fancy gas station w/ no gas pumps - a couple picnic tables outside in the shade of some trees. As you can see, it gets top reviews - totally justified - I travelled all the way from Colorado looking forward to this little dot on the map. The reviews are true! Their lobster rolls beat any I've had from other fish markets or restaurants from Cape Cod to Brunswick. Mrs.Libby served us up, she's very down to earth, really enjoyed talking w/ her while waiting for our order. They're definitely doing something right there - best hidden gem in the Northeast!