“Not the best”

Ranked #25 of 113 Restaurants in Brunswick
Price range: US$5 - US$16
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Serving fresh traditional Vietnamese cuisine. Opening seven days a week: Summer Hours: 11:00-2:30, 4:30-9:00 Winter Hous: 11:00-2:30, 4:30-8:00
Reviewed 20 April 2014

With such a great name, I had high hopes. The kitchen sent out a tough pork Lemongrass Peanut Coconut milk curry which had a good flavor but was not spicy as we had suggested and was ultimately inedible because of the tough meat. After sending it back the waitress did bring back a more tender chicken version though I was still disappointed by the overabundance of sauce and lack of vegetables.

The soup was simply ruined from the beginning. The meat was more tender than the curry but by the end of the meal the too sweet canned pineapple flavor dominated the dish. Don't drive to Brunswick, Maine expecting to be wow-ed by this "Vietnamese" restaurant. The name is tempting and the waitstaff is friendly but it's a far cry from authentic, fast or satisfying.

3  Thank adrienne o

Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

The food is always fresh and flavorful....the owners are real gems! Great restaurant right here in Brunswick!

1  Thank Mainemargie
Reviewed 27 March 2014

I've eaten here only once, for lunch. I loved the curry dish I had. Wish the green tea was genuine, but when I requested the tea, the server brought a dish with green tea bags. I think they could make a tad more effort in that regard. It's minor, but....Service very nice and friendly. I will definitely go back and try different dishes. Appears to be the real deal.

1  Thank Kate C
Reviewed 2 February 2014

Second best Pho I've had so far in Maine. The fresh spring rolls were a little bland but, i went there for the Pho which was delish!

1  Thank Devonshire D
Reviewed 1 January 2014

We both ordered spring rolls as appetisers. Mine arrived late as they had to cook it twice. It was cold so they did another. It arrived just as I was halfway through the entree. I literally poured the oil from it on to paper napkin. When I pointed it to the server, the response was 'they are difficult to cook'. Maybe but its a standard dish for a Vietnamese restaurant! Entrees were tasteless and dull. The server forgot I was there and began locking up! Not a place to visit again

5  Thank Jbearz