“Superior Vietnamese Fare in a Great Setting”
Review of Lemongrass

Lemongrass
Ranked #25 of 108 Restaurants in Brunswick
Price range: US$5 - US$16
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Serving fresh traditional Vietnamese cuisine. Opening seven days a week: Summer Hours: 11:00-2:30, 4:30-9:00 Winter Hous: 11:00-2:30, 4:30-8:00
Reviewed 3 May 2014

I am by no means an expert in Vietnamese food so I just go by what my taste buds tell me. Lemongrass is great! We started with the spring rolls with shrimp which was fresh and lively. For the mains we had the coconut peanut delight and the pho noodles stir fry - both excellent. Fried bananas with syrup topped off our very pleasant meal.

The service and decor is pleasant and straight forward. Our server was attentive and quick, and the owner stopped by our table to check in on our meal. It is a great place to have a very relaxing and enjoyable meal at a very reasonable price.

1  Thank Salsgang
There are newer reviews for Lemongrass

Reviewed 20 April 2014

With such a great name, I had high hopes. The kitchen sent out a tough pork Lemongrass Peanut Coconut milk curry which had a good flavor but was not spicy as we had suggested and was ultimately inedible because of the tough meat. After sending it back the waitress did bring back a more tender chicken version though I was still disappointed by the overabundance of sauce and lack of vegetables.

The soup was simply ruined from the beginning. The meat was more tender than the curry but by the end of the meal the too sweet canned pineapple flavor dominated the dish. Don't drive to Brunswick, Maine expecting to be wow-ed by this "Vietnamese" restaurant. The name is tempting and the waitstaff is friendly but it's a far cry from authentic, fast or satisfying.

3  Thank adrienne o
Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

The food is always fresh and flavorful....the owners are real gems! Great restaurant right here in Brunswick!

1  Thank Mainemargie
Reviewed 27 March 2014

I've eaten here only once, for lunch. I loved the curry dish I had. Wish the green tea was genuine, but when I requested the tea, the server brought a dish with green tea bags. I think they could make a tad more effort in that regard. It's minor, but....Service very nice and friendly. I will definitely go back and try different dishes. Appears to be the real deal.

1  Thank Kate C
Reviewed 2 February 2014

Second best Pho I've had so far in Maine. The fresh spring rolls were a little bland but, i went there for the Pho which was delish!

1  Thank Devonshire D