“Avoid!”

Cuisines: Thai
Description: New restaurant in Brunswick
Description: New restaurant in Brunswick
Reviewed 2 May 2014

I had high hopes after reading the reviews. Had the pad Thai lunch as take out and it was comical how bad it was. The pad Thai with BBQ pork was a minuscule portion of soggy overcooked noodles drenched in BBQ sauce with a few pieces of pork thrown in. This was accompanied by an egg roll the size of my pinkie, an ice cream scoop sized portion of white rice and a tiny salad of iceberg lettuce and shredded carrot with a tasteless dressing.

1  Thank Mooserun

Reviewed 25 March 2014

This was probably our 3rd visit here and always delicious! The staff is always very polite and accommodating - food always fresh and delicious. We had lunch and the Drunken Noodle was the BEST. Husband's Spicy Eggplant also very good - give them a try!

Reviewed 17 February 2014

This is definitely a hidden gem in Brunswick. Small inside and friendly it is also very clean and well cared for. We had the crab Rangoon, not greasy at all and served with a delicious sauce. I had pad Thai, the fresh cilantro on top was so great and went perfectly with the dish. Husband had drunken chow mein and I will be getting it next time it was sooooo yummy!! Good size portions and reasonable prices, we are already planning our next date here!

Reviewed 9 February 2014

We did take-out for lunch, and had some hits and some misses.
The best entree was the drunken noodle dish. Although it was a tiny bit spicy for my taste, my wife loved it, and to be fair, i did not ask the restaurant to tone it down; the take-out menu they gave us stated that we would request varying levels of spiciness,
Other than this main dish, however, the other two items we ordered were not as exciting. The spring rolls were very fresh, with perfectly good vegetables in them, but there was very little taste to them. And the stuffed chicken wings from the chef's special menu were not only VERY expensive (I can see why - it must take a lot of labor to assemble them), but they were tasteless without the peanut sauce that came with them.
We'll probably go again, but stick to the entrees and skip the appetizers.

1  Thank Kennon W
Reviewed 30 January 2014

Brunswick has many good places to eat, with many ethnic varieties to choose from and Sweet Angels is a good choice for Thai. We stopped in twice during our last trip through and enjoyed it very much. The lunch specials are a great deal with plenty of dishes to choose from and all priced around $9, including a small salad and fried won-tons. The salad and appetizer are served on the same plate with the entrée instead of as a first course which actually worked out well as I like my Thai food spicy and the salad had a nice 'cooling effect'. The basil chicken was a favorite and I also enjoyed the yellow curry, although the sauce was a little on the thin side for my taste. We tried a few of the other appetizers, and although pretty good seemed overpriced for what was served. Better to just stick to the lunch special; there's plenty there and it's all good.