“Know How and Have Fun”

Price range: US$30 - US$50
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Incredibly good food, but you've gotta know how it works! Order at least five items from the menu, perhaps six is ideal and then watch the magic come out of the kitchen. Each item has a minimalist tendency so don't look for heaping plates of pasta here. Chill...enjoy and the parade of delectable delights will march right into your happy tummy. Service is superb!

There are newer reviews for Tao Yuan

Reviewed 18 July 2014

I have been summering in Maine for 25 yrs and this is a fantastic restaurant and a step above anything in Midcoast Maine. We went w a large party of 10 and they could not have been more accommodating. They gave us 3 choices for pre fixe menu pricing of $35-$45-$55 due to our large party. We had little info about the small plate meal we were signing up for. We had good recommends so we felt comfortable and went for the $45 level. FANTASTIC!! I have an expense acct and have eaten at many of the top restaurants in NY, San Fran, Chgo etc and this is one of the best dining experiences I can remember in recent years. The food was interesting, fresh, well timed in a lovely intimate atmosphere. At the end, the chef came out and really spent time with us talking about her experience, the food and answered questions. My husband is not an adventurous diner and he thought it was terrific also. Delicious meal and well worth it.

Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

This place is extraordinary. Fabulous flavors, lovingly prepared, beautifully presented and all tasting fresh and delicious. Shared the foie gras, grilled goat cheese, grilled avocado, scallops, pea pods in oyster sauce with ginger and garlic and lamb bun. All were top notch. For dessert we shared a light Asian pudding with fruit. I can see why this place has won many accolades. I highly recommend. Somewhat similar to O Ya in Boston although not the varied menu nor the high prices. Wonderful! !!

Reviewed 28 June 2014

My son just moved to Brunswick. On a recent visit we sought out Tao Yuan for lunch. Oh my, we both said after our first bites of duck confit fried rice that this was one of the best meals we have ever had. Such a careful hand with spices. Lovely.
The space is very nice too, a calm pretty place to have a lovely meal. We will definitely be back.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

What a lovely lunch I had at my first trip to this charming Asian eatery on the main drag as you exit rt. 1 heading north. I am dying to go back for dinner and bring lots of friends. Table of people associated with Bowdoin Art Museum (je pense) had a great time jawing about ART.