“Best Indian food in the area!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Bombay Mahal
Ranked #7 of 106 Restaurants in Brunswick
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Harpswell, Maine
“Best Indian food in the area!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2012

We absolutely love this restaurant. As vegetarians, we are delighted with the veggie choices at Bombay Mahal. The Dal Soup is perfectly spiced, and all the veggie dishes are superb. I always get the Mango Lassi--thick and sweet, and for dessert, Indian Rice Pudding--a real treat. The service is excellent. Indian music plays softly in the background. We have a friend from Quebec, a former restautant owner, who visits us in Maine each summer. Bombay Mahal is his favorite restaurant in the Brunswick area, and always the first restaurant we go to each time he visits us.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank Joan M

Bowdoinham, Maine
“Solid Indian Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2012

We generally get the special bread sampler and then struggle through our meals because we ate too much bread, it's just so good you can't stop! Great bread, awesome masala tea, spicy dishes, even the rice is flavorful and cooked well. Very yummy, my kind of comfort food, I'm embarrassed to say I ate myself into a state of discomfort last time we went. Saag! Keema Mutter! Plus they've got these darling little wallet sized menus which are super cute/handy.

Visited April 2012
1 Thank rache_pie
Manchester, New Hampshire
“Delightful & Big on Taste!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2012

It was a warm sunny Maine day and I happen to be in the Brunswick area. I wasn't in the mood for anything funny, (by funny I mean out of my norm), however this place caught my eye. It had been a while since I had Indian, so I checked out Bombay Mahal on Main Street. I was treated like a Indian queen by a lovely young lady, and ordered a feast for more then just one person. I give it a 5 stars because the use of ingredients was what came across in the taste and quality of the food. I had malai kofta, nav rattan korma, and 2 naan breads. I went around 3 pm and the place had about 5 tables so the food came out quick. I adore this space and it will be seeing my face more often. Best regards to Bombay Mahal:)

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank Janessa H
Alabama
“Lunch Buffet is good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2012

Wife and I were on vacation and tired and hungry from running around all morning - we just happened to find a parking spot in front of this restaurant and went in. The lunch buffet was very good, the service was friendly, the atmosphere was relaxed, and the price was right. Is it a world class center for avant-garde Indian cuisine? No, but we liked it a lot and would definitely go back if we ever go back to visit Brunswick. It's the sort of reasonably priced, unpretentious, tasty, friendly little place that you are always on the look out for when visiting a new town. If we lived in Brunswick, I'd probably eat here a lot.

• Visited June 2012
3 Thank Dan S
Brunswick, Maine
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“another excellent Brunswick eatery”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2012

This restaurant has been a Brunswick fixture for years and it's the best Indian food around. (and I reeeaally like Indian food!)

Visited April 2012