“This place is wonderful!”
Review of Bombay Mahal

Bombay Mahal
Ranked #7 of 108 Restaurants in Brunswick
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Buffet, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Buffet, Reservations, Takeout
Brunswick, Maine
“This place is wonderful!”
Reviewed 2 December 2006

We are Bombay Mahal regulars and we love this place to bits. The food is awesome and yummy, and the waitstaff couldn't be kinder, sweeter people (especially Jamal-my son and daughter LOVE this man). Husband, kids, and I love Indian food and we totally dig Bombay Mahal.

6 Thank CarinaWF

Maine
“One of my favorites”
Reviewed 29 September 2006

What is up with that last reviewer? We eat at the Bombay Mahal every few months and the food has always be superb. The place is welcoming and clean, and the cooking is wonderful. We have eaten in Indian restaurants around the US and this one is in our top 3- certainly the best in Maine.

5 Thank standavis
MA
“Awful”
Reviewed 10 September 2006

Words can't deceribe how bad the food was here, but I'll try.

While I woulnd't go so far as describing myself as a connoisseur - I do have certain expectations - and having dined in literally hundreds of Indian restaurants in the U.S., Canada, my native UK and in India I feel I have a pretty good idea of the basics of Indian food and how it should be cooked.

It's a pity that the chef at the Bombay Mahal didn't.

Ambience - average
Service - okay, but nothings special
Prices - about the norm
Food - utterly, utterly terrible

Our two entrees which should have had quite seperate and unique preparations and tastes quite clearly shared the same sauce, and that sauce was prepared by a chef who clearly hadn't got a clue what he was doing. The sauce had a consistency not much thicker than water, and a taste akin to water with a few raw spices added. This really is where my words start to fail me. I admit I didn't even bother complaining, as to do so would have been to try to educate the restuarant as to the basics of indian cooking which was entirely above and beyond what I had set out to do that evening.

The up-side? The restauarant is within walking distance of the Sea Dog brewpub in Topsham, which had a lovely cask pale ale available to wash the taste of our abysmal meals away.

3 Thank Tony449