“Wine Galore and great food.”
Review of Tess Market

Tess Market
Ranked #43 of 111 Restaurants in Brunswick
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I remember going to Tess' Market as a kid, getting penny candy and pizza and trying to count all the wine bottles I saw. Now as an adult, I go to Tess' Market monthly to stock up on the countless varities of wines they carry. Anne and Bruce are very educated when it comes to wines and can always recommend an old time favorite or something new that has just arrived. Their friendly smiles are always welcoming and they take pride in what they do! We have never been disappointed with any of the wine bought and the food is great too! If you need to stock up or want a something new to try, Tess' Market is the place to go!

1  Thank Heidi F

Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

No matter when we stop in, Ann is there to give us expert advice on the best value for our money. We stop in whenever our supply of reds is running low and come out with several boxes. We've never been disappointed--bless you, Tess's--for searching the world over for the best wines at the best value & packing them so efficiently in your funky small space!

Reviewed 2 September 2013

My wife and I have been patronizing Tess' Market and Sandwiches and Spirits in Brunswick since 1981. Annie and her small staff do the preparation of pizza and any hot or cold sandwiches while you wait to take out. When we were in business downtown, we would phone in an order for our entire office of 5-8 people, and it would be ready when requested. Orders were expeditious and kept warm until our representative got there in spite of how busy they were. Of course, we usually ordered before the rush of noon hour orders and walk-ins occurred. Annie is an encyclopedia of wines and beer and can recommend to suit your taste, likely to be on hand in her small rustic shop stacked with those she suggests. Special ordering is also provided, by the case if desired with discount. Hours are about 10-9 daily except Sunday and holidays. Although we are now retired, we still use Tess' for spirit orders and take outs! They are indeed the BEST Little Market in Maine!

Reviewed 29 July 2013

Personalized service for wine or hard liquor by the bottle or case is outstanding. Take out Pizza any size, loaded is superior. Annie is the third generation of family to operate it. This is basic Maine you want to patronize!

Reviewed 19 May 2013

I have made it a point to stop here every time I visit my childhood home of Brunswick and still think Tess's has the best Italian sandwiches in Maine. I'm sure it is just in my head because there isn't much to an Italian, but if you are driving through Brunswick along Rt.1 around lunch time, I can't think of a better place to stop for a couple Italians. If you've never had one (and unless you are from Maine or vacation here, you will be surprised what the Maine version of this venerable sandwich looks like!). They also have an amazing selection of very reasonably priced, extremely good wines. My father introduced me to this place in the 1970's and I've loved it ever since.