“Best restaurant in Brunswick.”
Review of Scarlet Begonias

Scarlet Begonias
Ranked #35 of 109 Restaurants in Brunswick
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 3 June 2008

Excellent freshly prepared food. They don't serve "BLTs" or subs so I don't know what that person was talking about. What they do offer is expertly crafted entrees made with all fresh ingredients,
And for the person who complained about the "wait staff" there is ONE girl there who takes the orders and serves all customers. She's about the most pleasant server you could have. So I don't know what the negative reviewers are referring to....

2  Thank imminent_madness

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Brunswick, Maine
Reviewed 4 January 2008

Great Pizza!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed 12 September 2007

my husband and i ate here in july '07 and the food was sooooo good we talked about it all day. we split a cup of bean soup that was delicious and almost too much. i had a chicken cobb salad 1/2 portion, and couldn't finish it all. wonderful, moist, tender chicken and the crispest lettuce ever found in a restaurant. my husband had a sandwich which he scarfed down in no time. the food was more than worth the price and i wish we had eaten here earlier on our trip, because we wanted to go back several times. in regards to the other review, the gentleman sitting next to us had a blt that was huge, lots of crisp bacon piled so high i couldn't see fitting it in your mouth. the atmosphere is very refreshing and resembles the food....this is a favorite and should not be missed.....and the staff......very friendly and polite!

1  Thank macheech
Reviewed 19 November 2006

I have eaten at Scarlet Begonias for years and have never had a bad meal. Most recently I had the "Hugh's attitude", a spicy pasta dish with great garlic bread, the pasta was cooked to perfection and the sauce was to die for, my date had the Chicken Ceasar salad which was so good it's all he talked about all night all through the movie we whent to see. We brought our own wine as they don't have a liquer license, the only down part about Scarlet Begonias, but on the other had we had a huge selection to choose from at the local market just yards away. Srongly recomend eating here, as for the other review here, the only time I've heard a swear word there was from a parton who couldn't get a table on a Friday night (I'd call ahead) the wait staff is excelent!!!

3  Thank Javertii
Reviewed 27 October 2006

Very strange staff who swore like sailors and made us feel like we were interrupting them by stopping in for dinner.

I had the veggie grinder-provolone and American cheese with tomato, pickle, onion, olives and mushrooms on hoagie roll. I assumed since it was a grinder it would be warm and melted but was ice cold.

My husband had a BLT and I'm not sure how, but they managed to make a bad BLT. Soggy bacon and very hard bread.

I was really bummed because we had heard it was a good place to eat a casual meal and it was just awful. Maybe we should've tried their pizzas.

2  Thank Richelleh8