“Pleasantly Impressed”

Little Saigon Brunswick Me
Ranked #25 of 108 Restaurants in Brunswick
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

We were hesitant on trying Little Saigon after being so disappointed with Lemongrass and have been going down to Boston for our Pho fix. We were pleasantly impressed with Little Saigon. The interior is decorated very nice and is a welcoming and cozy atmosphere. There is a some patio seating that is great for the summer. The tables are a little big for the space but it was enjoyable to sit outside. Now on to the food, I'm a Pho critic. I had the large seafood Pho and it was decent. I wouldn't say worth $14 but I wasn't disappointed. My husband had the House Bun and he was very satisfied. We have the fresh shrimp and fried veggie spring rolls and they were a good appetizer. We would come here again if we don't want to make the trip to Boston so it's nice to have this as an option.

1  Thank Jess F
There are newer reviews for Little Saigon Brunswick Me

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Although there were only 3 tables occupied I really felt rushed to order. Infact out entrée came before we were done with our appetizers.
I ordered the Seafood Mien. The crab was fake the strips of fish was reconstructed. There is no reason to serve that on the coast of Maine . I felt the noodles was quite bland even with some of the sauce that came with the plate on it. I attempted to put a little salt on them but the server stopped me and informed me only sauce not salt on noodles.
When we got take out boxes I put the spring roll in and the left over fishball and started to put the remaining noodles in. Again the server stopped me, took the plate out of my hand and told me I was doing it wrong. She place the noodles in first then the fishball and spring roll!
To pricey for the quality. To much supervision fro the server. Rushed to much. Also one cup of tes that you have to pay for. Most of the time that is served free!

2  Thank sirafamily
Reviewed 10 July 2014

We decided to have dinner outside the restaurant on a lovely summer evening. We sampled the Pho ("fuh") and bun ("boon"). Both of our meals were very good and the service was attentive. The portions were large enough that we each took food home with us. I would visit this restaurant again and recommend it to others.

1  Thank OpenTheWindow
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We were starving. We couldn't decide. You know that feeling. So we came across little Saigon and committed. The food was excellent. Good, unique flavors. Fresh ingredients. Would recommend the rice creeps with tofu and mushrooms. The lady next to us was all about the green papaya salad.

1  Thank EmilyItaly
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Been there 4-5 times already, food is always fresh, plentiful, owner also owns the sushi bar down street, have to try them out

1  Thank terry5700