Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Brunswick Freeport
US$97
US$64
Hotels.com
US$87
Best Western Plus Brunswick Bath(Brunswick)(Great Value!)
US$128
Travelocity
US$195
US$190
The Daniel(Brunswick)
US$146
US$114
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewspool and hot tubfront deska great staynice hotelone nightcomplimentary breakfastyogurtquiet stayoff the highwayacadia national parkroom was cleanexercise roombowdoin collegepull out couchnight's resteasy accessnice breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 April 2012

We arrived at the hotel and the staff immediately greeted us and was very friendly. We were assigned a room with a funny smell to it...like propane gas and they changed our room right away without question. They even met us up on the floor we were on and handed our keys to the new room. The room itself was basic and a little small. Two double beds. The bathroom was nice and clean. The breakfast provided was decent. They had waffles and breakfast sandwiches that you can heat up in the microwave. Yogurt, cereals and some fruit were also choices. It was not spectacular but it satisfied my family. Overall, our hotel stay was very comfortable and I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Meghan R, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Brunswick Freeport, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2012

Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to review us on TripAdvisor! We will pass along your kind remarks about how our staff responded to your needs and will use this review as a training tool as an example of a job well done! We are glad that you were satisfied with the hotel & we look forward to your visit next time you are in the Brunswick, Maine area again!

Reviewed 4 April 2012

I have stayed here for about 10 weeks over the past year for business in the area. This is a great hotel. The staff is exceptional, the rooms are decent, and the location is convenient. More specifically:

Staff - They are both friendly and helpful. It's nice to walk in and have them greet me with my name when I haven't been there in a couple months. The woman who oversees the free breakfast in the morning is great too. She's extremely friendly and will hold a conversation with you while you eat or leave you to your own devices if you prefer. She has offered to make me a waffle on multiple occasions and been most accomodating to any of my requests.

Rooms - The rooms are typical for a fairfield inn. There is a good amount of room and the beds are comfortable. My only complaint about the hotel is that they only give you a sheet and a thin comforter for your bed. I think it is more than adequate for most, but I always seem to be cold and I'm forced to turn up the heat to compensate. Of course, when I turn up the heat (or use the AC if it's hot) I always seem to wake up with a sore throat. If you're anything like me, I'd recommend you turn up the heat and crack the window in the room open a few inches. Maybe inefficient energy-wise, but I wake up feeling more refreshed!

Location - Right off of the highway on route 1. It's very nice after driving for 4 hours to be at your destination once you get off the highway. It's a quick drive (3 minutes) to Bowdoin College and Maine Street where all the restaurants in the area are located. It's a 15 minute drive to Freeport and just about a halfhour to Portland. If you're heading north to Bath (15 minutes)or anywhere along the coast it is also convenient.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Tyler O
Meghan R, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Brunswick Freeport, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2012

Thank you very much for taking time out of your day review us! We are honored to have a seasoned traveler such as yourself give us a great review. It is wonderful to hear that we are meeting your expectations every time you stay with us and we look forward to being your home away from home on your next trip to Brunswick!

Reviewed 26 February 2012

We stayed here at the last minute due to a snow storm. The hotel lobby is going through some renovation but was still spotless clean. Our room was nice, 2 double beds, not as large as a Courtyard that we stayed in earlier in our trip but doable. The room was clean and the beds comfortable. The breakfast in the morning was good and the woman working the breakfast was extremely helpful. That area too was very clean. The hotel is less than five minutes to town.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank luv2snowski

Thank you for taking time out of your day to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your feedback!

We are pleased that you enjoyed our stay and your kind words about our breakfast ambassador. There are many hotels to choose from and we are glad you for choose to weather the storm with us!

Reviewed 29 December 2011

While not extravagant, this hotel was pleasant, clean, quiet and cozy. The staff went out of their way to accommodate my family of 8. Small pool and hot tub were clean. I will stay here next time I come to town.

• Stayed: December 2011

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel in TripAdvisor!

I am glad we were able to accomodate your family of 8, and more pleased that you all were able to enjoy the pool & jacuzzi.

We all work very hard here to keep the hotel clean & comfortable for our guests & it is nice to hear that we succeed! Take care & we look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed 2 November 2011

The room was typical for Fairfield's, fairly small and cramped. Clean with a comfortable bed. I wasn't bothered by any noise inside or out. As a Marriott Gold it would have been nice to have been upgraded considering that the hotel was virtually empty.

There was a minifridge in the room which was nice.

Staff was pleasant enough, the breakfast area lady was very nice and kept the area clean and well stocked.

My only complaint is that the wireless was terrible. It would take forever just to get connected, and then the connection would drop after 25 seconds. I couldn't get the work that I needed to get done finished. If they can't support wireless, then they should just do wired with LAN cables. It was truly aggravating, and because I need to get work done in the evening, it would keep me from returning until the problem was resolved.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank lovescabs

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your feedback because it helps us improve.

We are glad that your room was clean, comfortable & quiet! Thank you for your kind words about our breakfast staff as well! I will be sharing your comments with our breakfast team as an example of a job well done.

I apologize that you were unable to connect successfully to our wireless internet. I am pleased to let you know that due to the feedback we have received from guests like yourself, we are in the process of upgrading to a much faster, more reliable internet service. This upgrade is scheduled to be completed next week. Our new service will still offer both a wireless and a wired connection option and we will continue to provide cables to those guests who prefer the wired connection.

Thank you again for your review and we look forward to serving you the next time you are in the Brunswick, Maine area!