“Clean, Quiet & Convenient...”

Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Brunswick Freeport
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Brunswick
Reviewed 23 December 2013

My daughter and I stayed at this hotel for two nights on a recent trip to visit Bowdoin College. The hotel is tucked away a bit, but the location is surprisingly convenient. It is literally right off the highway. End of the ramp, take a right and you are there. If you take a left out of the parking lot you are headed straight towards downtown Brunswick and Bowdoin College. If you make a right turn out of the parking lot and drive 6-miles you run right into the premium outlet shops in Freeport (LL Bean, Abercrombie, J.Crew, etc.). Like every Fairfield Inn breakfast is included, but unlike most this hotel prepared real scrambled eggs (not powdered) in the morning. Our room had some minor issues (sink wouldn't drain, bedside lamp didn't work), but those issues were corrected very quickly. Overall the rooms were clean and well maintained. The front desk staff was efficient and provided assistance when needed, but could definitely work on their people skills. As a Marriott platinum member I used points for our stay, so I really cannot comment on the value for the price paid. However, I would stay again based on the convenient location.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank solidfood
Meghan R, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Brunswick Freeport, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

Thank you so much for putting a little time aside to leave us a review on TripAdvisor! It is great to hear that you had a good time and enjoyed what we offer our guests here at Fairfield Inn & Suites Brunswick/ Freeport. I apologize that the staff didn’t represent our brand the way that a Platinum Marriott Rewards Member expects. I will take this information and present it to them as an area we can improve. Thank you for pointing this out to me, as we take guest suggestions very seriously! Thank you again for your review and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 12 December 2013

My husband and I stayed here recently for 5 nights and returned that same week for an extra night while travelling in Maine. This hotel offered an excellent staff that was so helpful in every aspect. Tho everyone was super ,we need to thank Crystal who was exceptional in attending to any of our needs from suggesting restaurants, printing directions to area spots and always in a professional and friendly manner. Our room was the standard size with a spacious bath. Jeff did a great job keeping it clean . The breakfast staff kept everything organized and well stocked.We would return whenever in the area.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank redfishFlorida

Thank you for the FIVE BUBBLE review! I am so glad to hear that you will be returning due to the staff here! I have passed along your comments to Krystle & Jeff and they are so excited that you recognized them personally for their commitment to serve our guests! Thank you so much for taking the time to review the hotel & our staff & we look forward to your next visit with us!

Reviewed 10 November 2013

I recently spent one night at the Fairfield Inn in Brunswick, Maine en-route to a shopping trip to Freeport. The Inn is rather hidden away and difficult to spot at night due to poor lighting. When we mentioned this to the front desk, they said they were working on lighting. A spotlight should be directed at the entrance sign BEFORE one drives by it. The parking lot was extremely dark as well and if I was alone, I would not have ventured out by myself in the evening. The bed was extremely comfortable and the room was welcoming and clean. The pool was nice to have, but it could have been a bit better heated. The hot tub was great, since the pool was too cold. The breakfast was delightful with many offerings. I would certainly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling through Brunswick "if" and "when" they improve the night-time lighting.

Room Tip: Do not miss out on Libby's Deli when in this area.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review us here on Tripadvisor! As you stated, we had some lights that were not functioning in our parking lot during your stay. I am pleased to let you know that the lights that were out have been replaced and our parking lot is fully lit again! I’m sorry that this made you feel uncomfortable while you were here. I would also like to thank you for mentioning how you enjoyed the room, hot tub & breakfast! We work very hard to delight all of our guests, so it is quite lovely when we receive kind comments such as yours! Thank you again & hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 15 October 2013

Dates of Stay: Sunday, September 15th - Monday, September 16th, 2013

Location: The Fairfield Inn & Suites Brunswick Freeport is approximately 28 miles NE of the Portland airport. It is conveniently located off I-295 and Hwy 1. However, it is easy to miss your turn onto Old Portland Road, and once you do, you will think you are in the wrong spot.

Value: As Marriott rewards members, we used one of our free night certificates, earned from Marriott's recent promo. Otherwise, our room would have been $179.00. What I love about Fairfield Inn's is that they offer complimentary parking, WiFi, and breakfast. All small expenses, that can really add up, especially for a long stay.

Room: We stayed in room 315, which had a partial wall dividing the sitting area & bed. The room featured two TVs and a Sony sound system compatible with iPhone & iPod. I especially liked the long bathroom counter, with ample room for two people to get ready at the same time. The shower had a Waterpik showerhead with plenty of water pressure. There was also plenty of light in the bathroom for putting on makeup, which is generally not the case in a most hotel rooms. However, the king size bed was centered in the sleeping area, which left very little walking room between the bed & the AC unit. This can be an issue, if you have to get up in the middle of the night.

Housekeeping: Upon arrival, the room was clean and in order. Since we were only there one night, I cannot attest to the daily housekeeping service.

Front Desk: We checked in around 8:45 pm on a Sunday evening. Check-in was quick & efficient. However, we were given a room directly across from the elevator, even though the hotel was no where near capacity. This is the second time this has happened on a free night certificate, and since it happened in two different states, I'm wondering if this is policy for free rewards nights.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank OUTCRUISIN2610
Meghan R, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Brunswick Freeport, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

Thank you for taking time out of your day to give such a detailed review of us here in Tripadvisor! I am glad that we were able to provide you with what you needed in a hotel to make your stay a great one! I would like to let you know that it is not our policy to put our rewards members staying on points anywhere in particular within the hotel. It is only a coincidence that this happened to you at two separate locations. We only have a certain number of suites in the hotel, and even if we aren’t busy, the suites are usually the first rooms to sell out. So even though we weren’t full, that may have been the only suite available on your date of arrival. I would suggest making a note in your Marriott Rewards Profile that you prefer rooms away from the elevator, or ice machines etc. This will provide each Marriott hotel with the proper tools to help you get the perfect room for you, every time! Thank you again for staying with us & we look forward to your next visit to Maine!

Reviewed 23 September 2013 via mobile

Would highly recommend for a couple night stay. I only stayed here for one night for business on my way to Rockport but I will keep it in mind for my next Maine adventure. The staff was incredibly friendly, my room was spotless and it was an easy off and on the highway. Overall I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again. Great work Fairfield Inn and Suites!

• Stayed: September 2013

Thank you so much for your FIVE BUBBEL REVIEW here on Tripadvisor! We always love hearing that our guests enjoyed their time with us. We pride ourselves in being friendly and approachable at all times, and I am glad we were able to meet your needs and expectations while you were here! Thank you again for your kind comments and we look forward to being your hotel of choice when you are in the Brunswick area again!

Reviewed 20 September 2013

This hotel appears to be quite new. Everything here is fresh and pristine. Nice breakfast room with fireplace and crackling fire. convenient to downtown and all the shops and restaurants. A great place to stay. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking time out of your day to review us here on Tripadvisor! Our hotel is actually celebrating our 9th birthday this month, but we renovated about a year and a half ago. The complete reinvention that our hotel underwent included our rooms and public spaces being updated to include new carpet, tile, wallpaper, furniture, lighting, and equipment, as well as a revamped breakfast which now includes hot items such as scrambled eggs & sausage patties. I’m glad you noticed! Thanks again for the review and we look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 4 September 2013

I am a Marriott guy, so I am a bit biased and stay here while on business. This hotel was recently renovated...lobby, breakfast area and rooms. This is everything you'd expect from a fairfield inn...a comfortable place to stay/sleep, free internet (wired and wireless), free hot breakfast. Nothing fancy. Short drive to downtown Brunswick and Freeport is a plus, but not walking distance. If you need to stay here for business or a one night stay, i wouldn't hesitate to stay here. If you are here vacationing, there are plenty of other more attractive/more comfortable places to stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for reviewing us here on Tripadvisor! You are correct- our Fairfield brand is designed to be business person friendly. Our guests are purpose-driven, especially during business travel. They know how to work on the road, but we help them get more done easily. We put them in control and make sure to support them by always getting the basics done right. We are proud to represent excellence in the moderate tier, and I am glad that you were able to experience this during your stay!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Brunswick
Comfort Inn
The Daniel
The Daniel
#1 of 11 in Brunswick
Hampton Inn Freeport/Brunswick

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Brunswick Freeport? Share your experiences!