“Scammers...Beware...Don't Give Them Your Credit Card #...”

Rodeway Inn & Suites
Ranked #10 of 11 Hotels in Brunswick
Saint John NB
“Scammers...Beware...Don't Give Them Your Credit Card #...”
Reviewed 17 February 2009

I had scheduled a stay there and reserved with my credit card. I called to cancel 3 days prior to my visit and the guy told me he had no record of me, his excuse was that they had changed to Rodeway from the Viking. I said fine,just as long as I wasn't charged for my room. He assured me that I wouldn't be charged, but I hardly felt assured and guess what? I was charged anyway!! I called the guy who said he would look into it and he'd call me back. Well... he never called me back, so my next call was to Mastercard who intervened and refunded my money back to my card. They totally tried to rip me off and did nothing to rectify the matter. STAY AWAY!!!

Stayed September 2008
3 Thank NBfamily

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Edenton, North Carolina
Reviewed 7 December 2007

The room had an odor to it when I arrived. It was supposed to be a smoke free room and did not appear to be, the window was left open (it was 12 degrees). I was there to see my son off as he is in the Navy and was being deployed. When I attempted to get into the bed the sheets were dirty (blood and hair) there was also sand in the bed. I tried to sleep on the blanket. There was no running hot water, the toilet was not in proper working order and the towels and face cloths had a foul oder to them.

I would never stay at this hotel again, I was not in a great place to begin with but this made my trip truly horrible. The price was inviting but you really do get what you pay for!

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed December 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
2 Thank dlf72360

Travellers are raving about these Brunswick hotels

Boston, MA
Reviewed 30 September 2007

After reading other reviews of this motel, we were nervous about staying. However, we had our dog with us and so had few options. We were very pleasantly surprised! The room we had (Number 32 at the back of the property), was newly refurbished, clean and quiet. It had a kitchenette, with full size stove and refrigerator and microwave. All new furniture and rugs. They also had a free breakfast, include make your own waffles. For the price, this was a great deal.

• Liked — Clean, newly redone
  • Disliked — Close to road
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank Webadelic
NC
Reviewed 19 July 2007

My stay at the Viking cost me $31 more than my online reservation rate, booked through Alliance Reservation Network. The Viking manager said that they had no confirmation of my reservation and that no rooms were available at my booked rate. My only option at the time (ARN could not be reached because it was after business hours) was to take a Deluxe suite. Repeated efforts to determine who was responsible for the screw-up (Viking or ARN) have been unsuccessful, with each party blaming the other. My recommendations are (1) DON'T do business with either the Viking Motor Inn or ARN, and (2) call the motel to independently confirm your online reservation before you arrive.

Stayed July 2007
1 Thank bobinNC
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brunswick
Best Western Plus Brunswick Bath
Comfort Inn
#5 of 11 in Brunswick
Hampton Inn Bath Brunswick
The Brunswick Hotel and Tavern

Been to Rodeway Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!